More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 02:30:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?  (Read 101764 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?
« Reply #225 on: 2006 March 02, 15:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully that day is not about to dawn! 

I believe a certain Adolf Hitler said much the same thing......

Zephyr Zodiac
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2006 March 02, 20:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kinda makes me want to join (or start) a jihad against lying thieving capitalist pigs.

If it were't for those "capitalist pigs" you wouldn't have a computer.  Unless you think your government bureaucrats could have created and distributed such technology.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2006 March 02, 21:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kinda makes me want to join (or start) a jihad against lying thieving capitalist pigs.

If it were't for those "capitalist pigs" you wouldn't have a computer.  Unless you think your government bureaucrats could have created and distributed such technology.

somehow I think my government would refuse to distribute computers even if asked and i live in the U.S. :Plet alone create one Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2006 March 02, 22:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No doubt you'd still need a room the size of a small cathedral to put your computer in!  (If they gave you one in the first place, that is!)

Zephyr Zodiac
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2006 March 03, 14:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No doubt you'd still need a room the size of a small cathedral to put your computer in!  (If they gave you one in the first place, that is!)

A small cathedral full of silicon chips and my 1200 baud modem will rule the world! Or at least Europe. Does that count anymore?

(edit)
  When I am in charge, JMP is gonna be my Minister Of Truth. He seems to have the right stuff...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 14:21:05 by lemmiwinks » Logged

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2006 March 04, 03:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the topic of such oxymorons as 'donation gift,' I offer this:

I subscribe to Blockbuster Online. For roughly $15/mo., I get all the movies I want, three at a time, restricted only by the speed of the US Postal Service (for me, that means at least 10 movies a month, and I don't have to go anywhere, so good deal). In addition, I get 2 "free rental" coupons each month, good for DVD's or games at my local Blockbuster store.

Recently, I received an email from Blockbuster, urging me to "upgrade" my subscription. For roughly $17 per month ~ "only $2 more!" ~ I could get four "free rentals" (DVD's only), instead of just 2.

Now...if I have to pay $2 more per month to receive 2 more "free rentals," doesn't each of those "free rentals" actually cost me a dollar? (I don't rent games anyway.)

I wonder if anyone's fallen for it??
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 March 04, 03:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit like one month for the price of two......

Zephyr Zodiac
PuppyKatt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2006 March 20, 03:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for here, of course. You did pay your subscriptions here, right?

Um, ... no.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2006 March 20, 03:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's it. JM is gonna boot you out of here anytime soon.. Cry

Go Away
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: 2006 March 20, 04:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I download comparatively little stuff (less to be disorganized about that way); the only sites I pay for cc from are SimsHost sites (I'm lazy and they're convenient and some of them have really good stuff).  And of course my monthly membership fee here on MATY...  Cool
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2006 March 20, 04:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I am kind of anti-paysite. I have subscribed to sites in the past, Peggy's for her hair, Sims Connection for the community stuff (I have some of Janna's hair, but most of it is pretty bad), and a set or two from Reflex Sims. Mostly though, I seriously balk at paying for this stuff. Part of it, I suppose, is because I do recolours and that kind of thing, and while I don't make my own meshes, I spend a lot of time doing it. And I give it all away for free. So why should I have to pay someone else for their items while I am giving mine away? A few times, like I said, I gave in and bought. And then I shared those suckers with friends, and I don't feel bad for that at all.

Though, I have to say something about people who "just" recolour or retexture existing meshes. It isn't always as easy as some of you seem to think, making something look nice. A good mesh is only half of the equation, the other half being the alpha layer and the texture layer. Also, not everyone is good at everything. There are an awful lot of really talented mesh makers that make not so nice textures. Likewise, there are people that are very talented at texturing that can't make a good mesh to save their lives. I prefer to think that these two talents are equally important to the end product.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 March 20, 04:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

liegenschonheit, where do you have stuff hosted?  Link?
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2006 March 20, 05:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its all at MTS2 at the moment (I know how some of you feel about that place, but it has been good to me so far), my profile link is Here. It's mostly gothy sort of things, but to each her own, right?

I figure I must be doing a halfway decent job, I've got one of those cow heads under my name and a fancy cow mascot trophy. Tongue
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 March 20, 06:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I just downloaded your sailor dress the other day. Nice job.  Smiley
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 March 20, 07:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its all at MTS2 at the moment (I know how some of you feel about that place, but it has been good to me so far), my profile link is Here. It's mostly gothy sort of things, but to each her own, right?

I figure I must be doing a halfway decent job, I've got one of those cow heads under my name and a fancy cow mascot trophy. Tongue
No wonder I find your name familiar. I like ur stuff. Great Work! Cheesy
Its more than decent... Grin

Go Away
siggylove
Furry!
Knuckleheaded Knob

Mr Flibble's very cross

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2006 March 20, 09:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't subscribe to any sites (except here of course  Wink).  I have donated to Holy Simoly (my first donation ever).  I thanked them for the lovely things they created & you know what those guys did?  Flem & Shtinky actually sent me their donation pack free, just because they liked my comments.  How could I not support them after that!  Because of their kindness I felt it only right to donate.

There are some great people in this community Flem & Shtinky being two of them.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal lobotamy
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2006 March 21, 07:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

siggylove, I think you sent me a PM on another site.  I did get it, but I am unable to reply to you on that site, so I just wanted to say thanks and I'm glad you find the list useful.  Smiley
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 March 22, 05:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pay for EZ Supporter at N99, and the subscription fee here. I always intend to join other places, but I tend to waste my money on skin-care stuff and make-up (I'm an Avon sucker), leaving me no discretionary income for the subscription sites  Huh   Mind you, I buy skin-care stuff and make-up... but use the skin stuff rarely and the makeup *never*!   Roll Eyes

It could always be worse, I could not use it; and let my H waste it on whatever he wishes.  Grin
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 May 22, 19:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've suscribed to Well Dressed Sim, Sim Secrets, Simplan-X, I almost suscribed to Universal Sims, and I've bought numerous donation sets from 4EverSimFantasy, VitaSims, ReflexSims, and prolly a couple more I can't think of right now.
jinx
Asinine Airhead

What You Looking At?

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2006 May 22, 21:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer not to pay for downloads there are so many cool sites which offer free downloads. I have also noticed that when you do have to pay for downloads the site in question usually offer "tasters" or "freebies" which are of a high quality and when you do subscribe to said site the quality of downloads goes downhill. I don't mind donating but I rarely do (I have two kids to bring up) you can find beautiful and stunning free downloads if you just look for them. I also have the terrible habbit of getting bored of the cc in my game and I end up clearing out my downloads folder and starting afresh. Grin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2006 May 22, 22:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would feel guilty for not using content that I had paid for, and I would feel obligated to keep it in my game forever, whereas with free stuff, I can use it for a while, and change it out for something else if I want to without feeling guilty.  Smiley
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: 2006 May 23, 00:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Rainbow! That so matches exactly why I won't pay for downloads. For example if I bought a bedroom set it would seem extravagant not to use it in every house and (annoyingly) just as extravagant to use it in only one. Being an all or nothing kind of gal I'm left with no alternative Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2006 May 23, 00:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I confess! In the past I have paid for subscriptions to The Sims Connection and bought two custom sets from Reflex Sims... the shame, the shame... Actually though, I use alot of the objects from SC in my lots and businesses, and I use at least a couple of items from the Reflex sets in every house. I have to say, I'm pretty likely to purchase donation sets from Reflex again, because their sets tend to be really large (one had like 70 files) and of really good quality. I don't even want to know the poly counts on them though >.<

Today, I only subscribe to PeggySims when I can afford it, because I have tried to live without her custom hair and can't, they are so lovely.

Rainbow, a good solution to that problem of pay items is to back-up the files you pay for elsewhere, so you don't have to feel guilty about taking them out of your game, because you still have them and can reinstate them if you want them again.

*edit* Silly me, I just realized I've already posted in this thread. Oh well, you all can bear with me repeating myself Tongue
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2006 May 23, 01:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe Rainbow has the same problem as me. Once you took it out, you will never put it in again because there are so many stuff worth putting.

I am continously struggling to keep the download folder at 8000 files only and it's with considerable effort that this is achieved.

I have gotten worse since I start this thread. I got my eye on several paid sites but with the love of friends, we manage to keep each other afloat and so yeah, our wallets are still in the pink of health... Roll Eyes

Lie, I don't mind reading you repeating yourself. for some reasons, it make me feel better  Grin

Go Away
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2006 May 23, 02:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel the exact same way.  Every one of my Sims' homes have something from WDS, or else they are wearing their hair and/or eyes.  I just feel like, after paying for them, there is no way I could delete them.  And WDS stuff is such high quality that I don't have a problem paying for it.  Too bad I can't say that for most of the other pay sites.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: