More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 14:56:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Pregnancy Token?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnancy Token?  (Read 4248 times)
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Pregnancy Token?
« on: 2006 September 30, 21:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anyway you can take the pregnancy token away from a sim?  This way they don't get the option to 'Try for Baby'?  I have tried searching around for this and haven't been able to figure it out.  I would like a way to sort of 'sterilize' some of my sims.  Thanks.

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Pregnancy Token?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 30, 23:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The method you're asking about wouldn't work because that's not what the pregnancy token does.  It's possible that someone's made a mod to 'sterilize' specific sims, but I personally don't know where you'd find something like that.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 01, 03:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So there is no way to sterile them via SimPe or anything?  Thanks.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 01, 05:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that I could unpregnant one sim with the SimPe - open the file, go to other, and uncheck the "pregnant" sign.

But I don't think you need to "sterile" a sim to prevent him to use only the Woohoo. I never had a sim get pregnant from woohoo.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 01, 05:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeff's Autonomous Casual Romance (ACR) mod allows you set 'allow pregnancy' to no for specific sims, or for specific lots.  This setting doesn't work for ordinary Maxis woohoo, but it does work for any ACR woohoo (and don't judge by the name, you don't need to turn free will on for this mod to do shiny things in your game.)  ACR also does other shiny things too.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 01, 16:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I am playing a shared hood that we package up and transfer.  I am trying to figure out a way that the next person can not go 'baby crazy' again.  Last time that was all she did was breed the sims.   Angry  She ignored the business lots and the 'mini games' of the game.  The idea isn't to see how many kids you can have in a round.   Roll Eyes  The idea of sterilizing them sounded great, but doesn't look doable. 

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 01, 17:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is one way I'm aware of -- using the Inteenimator's 'Birth Control' option on its biological clock.  But that of course means you both have to have the kitten killer in your game. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 01, 20:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that that is a bad thing, as long as you know what else you have in your game.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 01, 22:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bubbs, first you might want to look more generally into multiplayer mods.  This might go over better at MTS2, but random tokens sims can be given to password protect lots and prevent those sims from having certain fates befall them unless specifically played at that lot.  The second thing you might want to do is say that each of you has their own grouping of lots that you'll play, and you won't mess with the other's sims that badly.  That way, the baby crazy people can play total family sim style, you can play your style, and at least until the whole thing goes BFBVFS you can share simspace without stepping on each others toes too much.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 02, 02:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could just have different neighborhoods or entirely different profiles...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: