More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 09:14:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Townie teen can't take a hint
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Townie teen can't take a hint  (Read 5256 times)
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Townie teen can't take a hint
« on: 2008 June 08, 23:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this before, so I'm wondering if it's a FT or FT patch glitch or something.

Desiderata Valley townie teen Gwen Bradshaw was once the teen girlfriend of one of my sims. She has 10 outgoing, so she is one of those sims that drops in without being invited or greeted.

Well, once Gwen made gf-status with my sim, she started dropping in constantly. And I mean constantly. I kept getting sims to "Ask to Leave" or "Say Goodbye," and she'd go off, but then she'd be back an hour or so later.

This went on for quite some time, and eventually her gf aged to adult, but Gwen kept coming back diligently, without fail.

I ended up killing her because I couldn't take it anymore.

My sim, Lorita, Gwen's former gf, is a romance sim. But up until the time of Gwen's death, the only Romance aspiration benefit she had was "Massive Attraction" or whatever it's called. The one that gives them 3 bolts with damn near the entire hood. I was wondering if maybe the 3 bolts plus Gwen's 10 Outgoing might have been making this happen?

Or was Gwen just borked?
« Last Edit: 2008 June 08, 23:08:44 by buddha pest » Logged
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Townie teen can't take a hint
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 08, 23:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You killed her? Aww, that's not so legal. You should have given her a restraining order (a.k.a. ban her from that house via visitor controller) instead.

Sorry for the lack of any constructive comment in this post. Tongue

Dive in!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 08, 23:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was kind of a loss, because IIRC she was the girlfriend to several of my playable teens, and she wasn't too horrendously ugly either.

I used to have the Visitor Controller, and for some reason I never bothered to put an updated version back in my game several EP's ago.

I also don't remember being able to ban specific sims with it, but that could just be my dementia kicking in.

She was making me pretty damn mad at the end though, so I kind of prefer her dead. I also kind of wish someone disliked her enough to kick her grave.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 09, 01:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happened to me.  Mortimor Goth II the son of Mortimor and Dina Caliente went off to college.  He is a romance sim.  So needless to say he got around a lot in college but then he got engaged to one of my CAS sims and they moved into a house together straight out of college.

One of the guys he got it on with in college showed up at the house and got in a fight with my CAS sim.  She kicked his butt like 4 times.  Finally I had her ask him to leave.  He came back an hour later.  She asked him to leave again.  He came right back.  Finally he left again and walked past the house constantly, then started coming back again.  I had to kill him.  He was so freaking annoying.  He wouldn't even knock.  Just walk in and she hated him so much.

It hasn't happened at any of my other houses just that one.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 09, 01:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a dumped boyfriend of a Sim keep walking by her house with her new husband, and I'd heard about the "pay off" thing that apparently comes up, so I tried, and it worked. The girlfriend handed him some cash, there was a popup saying something like "Okay, I'll leave you alone, for now", and I'm pretty sure he did stop coming by after that. Both of them were popularity Sims. I've also had a divorced ex-wife keep walking back into the house without being invited for a few days after being divorced, and she is a romance Sim, too, but I didn't think about trying to see if she'd be paid off. (Plus she had kids there to visit, so she did have a reason to be there.) So I wonder if sometimes it's meant to happen, for certain Maxis variables of "meant", anyway.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 09, 02:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I wonder if sometimes it's meant to happen, for certain Maxis variables of "meant", anyway.

Roffle. I actually kind of envy the wackiness of the ex-as-stalker always coming over to nuisance up the place. Though, yeah, having them continually turning up every couple of hours would grate like hell. The teen gf was probably a BFF (bleargh) and so considered herself always invited over because of that... since BFFs are for 12s and those aren't lost after aging (right?). I'm not surprised a 10-Out sim decided to make herself at home. Clearly, she needed killing.

Seriously, I need to start being a little more creative/harsh with my sims. I keep wanting them to have relatively stress-free lives, so I miss out on a lot of the more interesting fun. Need moar stalkers! And unscheduled death. Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 09, 04:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that the other day, the pay-off thing. I had no idea what it was for, I don't recall my sim being stalked. It was the first day of playing in a new hood round so I could have missed it. One of the sims she could pay out was a sim with whose husband she'd had an affair, I couldn't find any reason for the other sim to want to be paid off. I wondered what that was all about.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 09, 14:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hospitality/romance attraction thing gets seriously wacked at times.  The sworn enemy of one popularity sim (who had the hospitality benefit) kept coming to his house and getting into his pool.  I don't mind if friends or family members drop by, but an enemy?  The owner of the lot would eventually take notice of his being there, and would go stand by the pool waiting for a fight that never happened because the enemy didn't get out of the pool on his own. Put up a fence, but then the enemy would come and stand by the gate trying to get into the pool, until the playable noticed he was there (which sometimes never happened).

Got to the point that the enemy would keep getting smited  to chase him off.  I didn't want to kill  him off, since he was a playable from another lot. He has since died of old age, so problem solved, but it was annoying while it went on.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 09, 17:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, once Gwen made gf-status with my sim, she started dropping in constantly...I ended up killing her because I couldn't take it anymore.

Got to the point that the enemy would keep getting smited  to chase him off.

These are both excellent.  For recurring annoyances, I tend toward the jsalemi solution, which is to turn it into a running gag.  Sim shows up, gets smote, runs off.  When I get really tired of it, sim dies.

Tribulatio proxima est
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 09, 22:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hospitality/romance attraction thing gets seriously wacked at times.  The sworn enemy of one popularity sim (who had the hospitality benefit) kept coming to his house and getting into his pool.  I don't mind if friends or family members drop by, but an enemy?  The owner of the lot would eventually take notice of his being there, and would go stand by the pool waiting for a fight that never happened because the enemy didn't get out of the pool on his own. Put up a fence, but then the enemy would come and stand by the gate trying to get into the pool, until the playable noticed he was there (which sometimes never happened).

Got to the point that the enemy would keep getting smited  to chase him off.  I didn't want to kill  him off, since he was a playable from another lot. He has since died of old age, so problem solved, but it was annoying while it went on.
Now that you mention the popularity/hospitality thing...Lorita's secondary aspiration is popularity I think, and I don't recall what popularity benefits she had. So maybe it was something wonky/glitchy there.

Gwen is back as a zombie btw, but I made certain she had ZERO outgoing this time around. I hope she enjoys her new life as the town's most decrepit wallflower.

And yes, I think I will smite her every now and then at random...just for kicks.

ETA: Now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure Gwen was supposed to be furious with Lorita's younger sister Chicken because Chicken had stolen one of Gwen's boyfriends. Chicken is for sure a popularity sim, and probably had the hospitality benefit, so that sounds kind of similar to the situation you were having, jsalemi. Gwen wasn't doing any of the furious trash can kicking or newspaper stealing though. So maybe something got borked there, and she got overly chummy instead.

I never did notice if Chicken had the "pay off" option on Gwen, but if she did, perhaps that would've put an end to her visits.

I don't know. Free Time sure did add a zillion variables to just about everything, so I kind of give up figuring out what the hell is going on anymore. And it does seem kind of fun and random.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 09, 23:08:35 by buddha pest » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: