More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:45:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV Stupid Maids Don't Do Anything!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV Stupid Maids Don't Do Anything!!  (Read 11619 times)
Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
BV Stupid Maids Don't Do Anything!!
« on: 2007 September 29, 04:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had enough of watching the maids walk around my hotel room but NEVER clean at all!! I mean, no straighten up beds (doesn't bother me as much as other stuff because I HATE the auto make bed thing), no cleaning plates (now this pisses me off), no nothing!! Does anyone have a solution to this annoying problem?

Look people, I'm a total newbie when it comes to downloads!! I don't even know how to take in game photos!! BTW, if someone wants to tell me how do to this then I would really appreciate the help!!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: BV Stupid Maids Don't Do Anything!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 29, 06:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have any hacks that could prevent the maid cleaning? I had a 'No community plate clearing' hack (I think it was by Crammyboy) that stopped the maids from doing their thing. Took it out and the maid now works as it should.

Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 29, 06:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Everything was fine the very first time I went on vaca. Then, all of the other times after that it didn't work. So it can't be any cc messing with it.

Look people, I'm a total newbie when it comes to downloads!! I don't even know how to take in game photos!! BTW, if someone wants to tell me how do to this then I would really appreciate the help!!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 29, 06:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you go immediately to a community lot after checking in? I did that once and the maid and no other tourists arrived. My sim had the hotel to herself! The maid and tourists spawned about 2 vacation days later because my sim happened to be there at checking in/out time.

Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 29, 07:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave everyone time to check in then I went. I've noticed that I never have a tour guide at any hotels either. Maybe I just need the patch?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 29, 07:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't got a tour guide then something is wrong. Undecided

Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 29, 07:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What should I do? I have no tour guides at my hotels (they show up at community lots though) and the maids do nothing but walk around. EA is taking FOREVER to get this patch out, and this is the one they need the most!!

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 29, 08:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My maids are working fine too - as are the tour guides (especially since I put Pescado's fix in).  I think you need to look at any hacks you have.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 29, 08:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try making a new neighbourhood and adding the vacation hoods. Take a sim there and see if it is working properly. If not, make a new clean install by renaming your 'Sims 2' folder in your 'My Documents' to 'Sims 2 Backup' Load up the game (it will create a new 'Sims 2' folder) and using one of the preloaded neighbourhoods add the vacation hoods and take a sim there. If all works as it should then it must be one of your hacks.

If you want, post a list of your hacks here we might be able to help you just by seeing what you've got installed.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 29, 10:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My housekeeper is cleaning, when she's there.... She works between 10:00 and 20:00, but as my sims go to community lot, she has no time to do something useful. For the moment I have the habit to stay at the hotel the last day of vacation, so she can clean...
What I'd like to see is a "Housekeeper on duty 24/7" hack. The man behind the register desk (don't know the name in english) stays there all day long, so why not the housekeeper ??
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 29, 11:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't mind the maids not doing their job, if the hotel lots were reset after the guests' departure. But obviously, they are not. Maybe I'm a bit finicky, but I don't exactly appreciate coming across a dirty toilet from the previous resident when I have to pay 900 for a night.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 29, 16:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the Sleep On Community Lots in my game. Do you think that would keep anything from happening?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 29, 19:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the Sleep On Community Lots in my game. Do you think that would keep anything from happening?

Maybe -- I had the DJS version of that in my game and took it out, and the maids seem to work now.  Still don't clean up plates on the main lot, though, and I don't think I have the 'no community plate clearing' hack in my game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 30, 01:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My maids don't pick up dirty dishes either, except at one hotel where I swapped to a 2x1 table in the room. Do you suppose they don't clean the round tables because the tables are 'facing' the wrong way or are too close to the walls?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 30, 06:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine seem to pick up dishes just fine, so once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 30, 06:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine do everything fine until either a) The toilet gets dirty while there are fly-infested plates, then they don't enter the room again until the toilet is cleaned and the plates are tidied up or b) my sims leave the lot before 8pm and come back after 10 am. Maid does nothing until she leaves the lot at 8pm and comes back the next day, and only if fly-infested plates are cleaned up. She will then come in and make beds, clean toilets etc and remove any new plates that have been eaten from.

Did some quite intensive testing last night. I also found out the the Sky-Vista hotel in 3 Lakes is shit and something keeps throwing up errors. Played great for a couple of sim-days then game slowed to a crawl. I'm going to pop in a lot debugger before I go there again to see what can be cleared from there. I think it is due to all the townies swarming to the rock spa. Dunno though. On a positive note, my room service works ok! Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 30, 06:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine do everything fine until either a) The toilet gets dirty while there are fly-infested plates, then they don't enter the room again until the toilet is cleaned and the plates are tidied up or b) my sims leave the lot before 8pm and come back after 10 am. Maid does nothing until she leaves the lot at 8pm and comes back the next day, and only if fly-infested plates are cleaned up. She will then come in and make beds, clean toilets etc and remove any new plates that have been eaten from.
Well, the game definitely has a peculiar sense of priority when it comes to recognizing what messes are more worth cleaning up than others.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 30, 06:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, yes, must make the beds or it will cause a catastrophe Cheesy IMO the maids are crap. Even the hood ones. I usually make or buy a servo or get the sim-kids to macro>clean. They enjoy it!

Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 30, 19:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did some quite intensive testing last night. I also found out the the Sky-Vista hotel in 3 Lakes is shit and something keeps throwing up errors. Played great for a couple of sim-days then game slowed to a crawl. I'm going to pop in a lot debugger before I go there again to see what can be cleared from there. I think it is due to all the townies swarming to the rock spa. Dunno though. On a positive note, my room service works ok! Cheesy

I ran the Sky-Vista hotel last night and it ran slower than my grandmother during her "work-out sessions"!! I did remove some doors that were blinking blue and my tourguides came back.

And to TaWanda: I'm not sure about that one. I ran the Sky-Vista hotel and the maid cleaned EVERYTHING up!! Maybe that is the case. You'd think it wouldn't matter since it's a ROUND table.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 30, 20:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked one of the vacation maids' stats by making her selectable and although she had 10 Cleaning and 10 Mechanical points, she only had 3 Active points.  No wonder all she wants to do is stand around all day doing nothing!  So I bumped that up to 10.  I don't know if it will help or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

I would love to see a mod for 24 hour maid service.  Or how about a phone option for hotels to allow guests to summon the maid when needed?

Karen
Itallia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 30, 21:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked one of the vacation maids' stats by making her selectable and although she had 10 Cleaning and 10 Mechanical points, she only had 3 Active points.  No wonder all she wants to do is stand around all day doing nothing!  So I bumped that up to 10.  I don't know if it will help or not, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

I would love to see a mod for 24 hour maid service.  Or how about a phone option for hotels to allow guests to summon the maid when needed?

Karen

Why on earth would they make the maids lazy?!? That doesn't make sense at all!! I wonder if that's in all games? Let me know if it makes a difference, this could be a big help.

The phone option for hotels sounds great!! I would like to see that myself.

Paradoxe
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 01, 10:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't "make them" lazy...It's just the game generating chaoticaly maids like any sims, or townies...without considering what exactly should be a good maid.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 01, 13:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent some time last night watching the maid at one of the larger hotels on Twikki Island. I was trying to figure out why they only sometimes clean up plates from the rooms. I have decided that maid behavior is very odd. The maid spent more time going into the bedrooms and staring at the lamps than anything else. Walked past a pile of dirty dished on the lobby floor at least a dozen times to go stare at said lamps and then returned to stand around the checkout desk. Sometime toward the end of her shift she finally decided to clean up the dishes. She must have been really bored. Tongue
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 01, 15:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, I noticed the staring at lamps behaviour Cheesy I wonder if she would work more if we removed the lamps.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 01, 15:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The maid spent more time going into the bedrooms and staring at the lamps than anything else. Walked past a pile of dirty dished on the lobby floor at least a dozen times to go stare at said lamps and then returned to stand around the checkout desk. Sometime toward the end of her shift she finally decided to clean up the dishes.

Got the same thing.  I have two sims on honeymoon and I figured that they had better things to do with their time than clean up dishes (both of them are neat freaks).  Consequently, I have aborted a number of autonomous clean up dishes actions on both of them, with the result that the lawn of the hotel is covered in fly infested plates (at least 8 squares).  The maid is pretty good about making the beds and doing the bathroom, but ignores the plates on the ground as she goes past them.  Still waiting for her to pick those up, but perhaps the hotel grounds are "not in her contract".

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: