More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 13:23:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Active Sims are double
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Active Sims are double  (Read 5076 times)
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Active Sims are double
« on: 2009 December 02, 11:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

my probem is that my game uses existing Sims as homeless townies, I think its since WA or the latest Patch.
Now I´ve the following constellation in my acual family.

My Simwife ist knowing the same kollegue three times.
My Simman is knowing his doughter, which still live in my actual household, a second time.
Also with the doughter sign under her picture but with low friendship and no traits known.

Now I´ve had invited her, bet her to move in, take her out over the neightbourhood and deleted her out of the clipboard. Now my Simman only knows his really dooughter as a friend under the friendshippage and she´s gone in the familytree. The other family members stay like before with her except the familytree.

Another situation, a few game saves before, she is under the homeless in the neighborhood but not known by any member of my active family.

In this situation When I delete her or all homeless with SuperComputer the family relationships and friendships gone between the right doughter and her family. She is only known as a friend under the friendshippage and is gone in the familytree.

Is there a solution to solve this?

Greetz
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Active Sims are double
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 02, 13:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I realize you are ESL, and tried to write this request in a decent attempt I want to try to help you.

First, are you using Awesomemod? It would fix most of your problems by preventing duplicate sims. The SuperComputer isn't made/supported from this website I'm not quite sure what it may have done.

Now I´ve had invited her, bet her to move in, take her out over the neightbourhood and deleted her out of the clipboard.

When you move a sim out and they release to clipboard I am pretty sure their relationship status is reset with the world. Is it like she was just created in CAS now? I don't think you can repair the family tree relationships without some mod after that.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 02, 14:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I´ve used Awesome till WA, not at the moment.

Yes I know SC isn´t supportet by this website, I only want to discibe what I´ve done Wink

The Sim I moved out was the one the game dublicated.
I thought, even if the Sim is double in my friendslist, they must be two different Sims. But it seems they share something, because after deleting the dublicated, the original lose friendships and familystatus.

I think they lose friendships and more after moving them from clpboard to the family library but not moving to clipboard and back to the world. Nevermind, I´ve deleted her from the clipbaord so she lost her life Wink But the original one should stay uneffected from this action, right?

Sry for my bad English, my motherlanguage is German.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 02, 16:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Select the "real" version of the fambly that appears to have duplicates, and type "nukeimpostors". This should purge the False Dopplegangers from the neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 02, 17:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that and the result is the same. The Sim is removed from the friendship list of every Sim in the household and the familytree. In her familytree she is the only one and outgreyed ;(
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 02, 18:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure you did it right, then. Make sure you're selecting the fambly you want to KEEP. Then, type "nukeimpostors", and a number of false sims should be burned from the neighborhood. The duplicates should then be gone. If they persist, and you can't find them in the neighborhood, there's always the option of the more drastic "destroyalltownies", which will wipe out the homeless population. If you CAN find them in the neighborhood, just trash them.

Other than that, I'm not sure I understand what else the problem is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 02, 18:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I´m actually in the household I want to keep. Type the command and get the message that one Sim has nuked. The one I want to take stays at the household and I can play her. But the friendships and familytree has gone.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 02, 18:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very strange, then. If you did not save these changes, you can send me the save and I will take a look and see what is happening.

JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 02, 18:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it now with another household and it worked fine. I didn´t save and restart again and look at the freindships in this households. The woman knows her man twice one as her man and one as a friend.
In an older savegame, as I discribed in my first post, my simman in my primar family knows his doughter twice as doughter, maybe this is the problem.
Nevermind wich data did I need to send to you?
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 03, 17:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a similar problem. But it only happened on the sims back from an adventure.
Things I noted:

- sims back from adventure have been generated a Double, and the Double will be considered as "homeless" (at least that's how twallan calls it)

- everything seems normal until twallan's SuperComputer clears out the "homeless". that deletes the Double, and also cuts off the Real sim's connection to everyone.

- the Real sims will then have no family. everyone becomes friends only. their family tree panel got no one else but only themselves, with their picture grayed out, like dead sims.

Well I sent those sims out on adventure when AwesomeMod for WA was still in beta.
Not sure if things have been fixed during the moment.   Wink
JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 03, 21:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, today I had another idea;) I married my doubled Sim with her boyfriend, who lives also in the houshold, so she will get a new familyname.

After the command "nukeimpostors" I´ve got the same result, she lost the friendshipstatus, the family members arre only friends now, and lost the familytree, only she is there and greyed out.

Restart the gamesave , marry again and move to another house over the phone, than the command "deatroyalltownies", because there is now no other option, there are no doubles because of the new familyname, gives the same result, she lost her family, they are only friends (OK friends are sometimes more than the family Wink
and in her familytree she is shown up allone and greyed out.

Her new husband is shown as husband in the friendshipslist, all others are friends, her father, mother, sister.

Pescado if you want to look in my savegaame tell me wich data I need to send.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 05, 18:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated it with a new nukeimpostors that should be able to catch crosslinked genealogy entries, and uncouple them before purging the impostor, so that this doesn't happen. I was able to expunge your impostor without breaking the fambly linkages in the test game you sent, so it should work now.

JoWe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 06, 15:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worked great Thx  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: