More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 01:26:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims stuck on vacation lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims stuck on vacation lot  (Read 5673 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Sims stuck on vacation lot
« on: 2007 September 14, 09:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had the following situation in my game:

Family of 4 (husband, wife, 2 kids) goes on vacation to beach lot.  On arrival, the adults keep throwing errors (sample is attached) and eventually I clicked Delete instead of Reset just to get out of the error loop.  Exited beach lot, saved, returned to Twikkii Island neighborhood screen.  Went back to the hotel where they had been checked in.  The kids were still there but the parents were not (!)  After the fact it occurred to me that there's no mailbox and thus no place for the deleted Sim to reappear when you re-enter the lot. 

Now they're stuck.  The kids cannot end the vacation by themselves.  Attempting to play the home lot in Pleasantview results in a message that the family is on vacation.  Going back to the hotel lot and teleporting in the parents and making them selectable was partially successful (at least I did manage to check them out of the hotel) but the taxi never did arrive home.  I quit from Task Manager at that point (no choice, as the game seemed to be frozen), then went back in and moved the family out of their house in Pleasantview and back in, just to make sure the lot would reset.  (The furnishings were no great loss, this family was dirt poor to begin with...) 

Everything appears to be fine now, but I'm wondering what can be done if this happens again.  Would the lot crowbar work, in an emergency, to get a stuck family out of a vacation lot?

Karen
« Last Edit: 2007 September 14, 09:53:59 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims stuck on vacation lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 14, 09:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your issue appears to be the Work of the Non-Awesome, as something is modifying a global BCON which the new BV BHAV code expects to be present, causing an error. If your sims are stuck on a vacation lot because some have been accidentally deleted, you can resummon them, shiftclick, and remake selectable again using an Ingelogical shrub. This should fix the lost sims. The code "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled" will reenable buy/build and enable you to install an Ingelogical shrub if you happen to be lacking one.

I may at some point release the Ingelogical shrub I've modified for subsequent expansions and stuffishness, as Inge no longer maintains the Ingelogical Shrub.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Sims stuck on vacation lot
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 14, 10:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your issue appears to be the Work of the Non-Awesome, as something is modifying a global BCON which the new BV BHAV code expects to be present, causing an error.

Damn.  I was afraid of that.  I'll have to check to see what I added in the last day or so, as I was playing fine yesterday.

If your sims are stuck on a vacation lot because some have been accidentally deleted, you can resummon them, shiftclick, and remake selectable again using an Ingelogical shrub. This should fix the lost sims. The code "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled" will reenable buy/build and enable you to install an Ingelogical shrub if you happen to be lacking one.

Well, as noted above, I did try exactly that.  It enabled me to get them checked out of the hotel and out of the vacation hood, but the home lot was not playable when I arrived, and the game was stuck to the point that I couldn't exit normally.  I was just wondering if there was a better way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: