More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 22:39:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack ideas, requests
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack ideas, requests  (Read 3519 times)
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Hack ideas, requests
« on: 2006 September 02, 16:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I was building my latest house that I planned to put up for download, a few things became "hmm, wouldn't it be nice if."

1) Make everything new hack. I can't stand houses that can't be played. Pretty is great, but I PLAY the game so I built my house as I played the 10 kid challenge and then used Inge's stay things shrub. But now my house is a LOT cheaper than it should be due to depreciation.

2) Turn lights on in build mode. For those times I want to check my night lighting. Yes, you can switch to night view before placing your lights and they are on, but if you build in several sessions (and as the mother of 5, it takes me a month to get a house done), those lights are off again when you restart your game and then you can't see what you'd done before in regards to night lighting.

I think there was one other thing, but of course, now that I'm actually typing this post, I can't remember it.

I have no idea if something like this is possible.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hack ideas, requests
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 02, 16:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Make everything new hack. I can't stand houses that can't be played. Pretty is great, but I PLAY the game so I built my house as I played the 10 kid challenge and then used Inge's stay things shrub. But now my house is a LOT cheaper than it should be due to depreciation.
Depreciation isn't what's raping your house value, the Ingelogical shrub is! The Ingelogical shrub causes everything to become 0 value.

2) Turn lights on in build mode. For those times I want to check my night lighting. Yes, you can switch to night view before placing your lights and they are on, but if you build in several sessions (and as the mother of 5, it takes me a month to get a house done), those lights are off again when you restart your game and then you can't see what you'd done before in regards to night lighting.
Meh. I'll think about it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 02, 16:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crud. I don't suppose there's anyway to "repair" that false house value? I moved my people out, then went in with build mode, removed the shrub (and added a fireplace that didn't get left), repackaged the file, exited the game, installed the package, placed the house, and it didn't regain the value Sad

Thanks for thinking about the other thing. I shall someday build a bunker in your honor.

Gethane Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 02, 16:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to uninstall the shrub properly while people are still living with "Make Goable". The only way to "cleanly" retain house value is to do the backup/evict/revisit/save/exit/restore thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 02, 16:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like something that would let me put the stupid doors down when I'm in build mode.  It's a pain in the proverbials sometimes, especially with small rooms.  Took me about 5 minutes once just to replace a stupid floor - couldn't see the blasted thing.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 02, 16:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably need to use the DFA Camera. Push the DFA button on the panel to switch to the built-in DFA camera.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 02, 16:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to uninstall the shrub properly while people are still living with "Make Goable". The only way to "cleanly" retain house value is to do the backup/evict/revisit/save/exit/restore thing.

Gethane Sims
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 02, 16:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then wouldn't I lose all my furnishings and decorations? Making the shrub I placed a moot point?

Gethane Sims
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 02, 18:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then wouldn't I lose all my furnishings and decorations? Making the shrub I placed a moot point?

Try this:

1.  Reset the lot to its original state using the shrub and then delete the shrub.
2.  Exit the lot without moving out your Sims and package it.
3.  Move the family out.
4.  Exit the game and install the packaged lot *without the family* using Clean Installer.
5.  Restart the game and check the Lot Bin to make sure the lot installed properly.  If it did, delete the original lot and replace it with the one you just installed.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 02, 19:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that did give me a lot with items still on it. (thank you, doh! I got so fixated on that damn shrub) Instead of all BUY items being valued at 0 (apprarently the shrub does not 0 out build items?) they were valued at their depreciated value. So instead of a 47k lot it was 120k. However, I'm guessing that its worth at least double that. I picked up several items and all showed depreciation.

Gethane Sims
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 02, 20:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another lighting request - I'd like to toggle between day and night.  When I'm taking pictures at night I hate having to go back and forth between buy and live mode to toggle daylight on.

I've never requested it before, because it doesn't involve fire or death. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: