More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 10:09:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can't install worlds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't install worlds  (Read 3155 times)
nainon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't install worlds
« on: 2012 July 14, 19:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to install Riverview, Barnacle Bay and Hidden Springs, but they won't work. At first I couldn't install them at all (the launcher kept complaining that my software isn't up to date but my game is updated up to 1.36), then after decrapifying the files they will install, but no .world files appear in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Installed Worlds folder. Then when I open the launcher again the neighborhoods don't show up in Installed Content anymore. Needless to say, they don't show up in the game either. Any suggestions on what to try next? I thought of converting the sims3packs to packages but I remember reading that it doesn't work properly with worlds.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Re: Can't install worlds
« Reply #1 on: 2012 July 14, 21:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try searching on this site for the answer before posting in the wrong section? Of course you didn't. Did you try updating the s3rc and decrap files? The worlds do show up if you convert them to packages and know where to put the files. I believe the only problem is you'll see weird names because of missing or botched up strings or some thingamajig.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
nainon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can't install worlds
« Reply #2 on: 2012 July 15, 07:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try searching, didn't find any solutions except ones that required the .world files. Sorry for posting in the wrong section. Now I feel like an idiot because I thought I had everything updated but of course i had an old version of the compressorizer files... Updating them and decrapifying again solved the problem, so baa to you for pointing me in the right direction. I'll go back to hiding in my cave now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: