Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008

(1/8) > >>

syberspunk:
The I in Team

This thread will be for experimental stuffeths.

Hot Tub Hack

Features:

Includes features of mods listed below.
Adds check to see if a sim will still get in the hot tub depending on the weather conditions:
  If it is raining, then the greater the severity of the storm, the "smarter" they must be (i.e. have more logic points) to avoid entering the hot tub autonomously.
  Sims may still enter the hot tub if they are in a bad mood or "depressed" (i.e. their aspiration level is low/in the red).
Sims will be more likely to exit the hot tub
  If it is raining, then the greater the severity of the storm, the "smarter" they must be (i.e. have more logic points) to have a higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  The lazier a sim is (< 300 active) then they will be more likely to stay in the hot tub.
  Sims with more "experience" being shocked/electrocuted (i.e. the more memories they have) will have a higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  Sims in a relatively good mood (green or greater) will have a slightly higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  Sims with higher aspiration level (gold or better) will have a corresponding increasingly (i.e. the greater the level the higher chance) higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  The chance of exiting the hot tub will have a upper cap of 90%.

Compatibility:

Modifies BHAVs found in:

1)  Lizz Loves Teen Tub Fix

Allows teens to enter hot tub, even if other sims are naked.
Prevents nudity if there are any children in the room.

2) CBOY_nudist_itrem.package

Allows sims to enter tub while naked.

3) WooHooTeens_6h_Seasons.package

Allows teens to enter hot tub.

This hack obviously needs testing.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I'd especially like to know if sims are actually acting "smarter" and not getting into hot tubs when it's raining, as well as if there is a reduction in sims being struck by lightning.  I could also potentially reduce the overall chance in general, but i wanted to see how this works.

Version History:
v0.01 - tweaked exiting code; added electrocution memory (I think :P)

Gardening Fitness and Body Skilling with Fun for Some (Try saying that 3x fast :P)  Hack

Features:

Sims now gain body and fitness while doing gardening related interactions that include:
Trim (bushes)Water FlowersPull Out (weeds)TendWaterSprayHarvestPlant (plots)Fertilize (plots):new: Tend (orchard trees):new: Spray (orchard trees):new: Harvest (orchard trees)
It should also affect the [Action] Many options as well.  For some interactions that are fairly singular, such as trimming and weed pulling, the body and fitness bars will probably only increase on a small scale, since the interaction doesn't take very long.  But it definitely does increase as I have had sims gain points after finishing trimming a bush or pulling a weed.  Ideally, it might make more sense to build a separate 'Garden' interaction that tells a sim to do all garden related options (sort of like how macrotastics and the NPC gardner works), but I'm too lazy to do it that way.

A request was made to add body skilling to raking leaves as well, but I think it currently adds cleaning points.  I'm not sure if there are any interactions that build more than one skill point (I can't think of any).  So, I'm a bit wary (ha! I spelt it correctly, this time :P) of trying that.  It's probably doable, but I think I'd prefer that an action not build two types of skills.  I don't really consider fitness a skill.  And the dance skill is sort of a different 'type' of skill anyway.  But I digress...

Additionally, sims who have a greater interest in the environment will gain fun (>= 500).  I was possibly thinking of adding Fortune Aspiration sims too... since they tend to get obsessed with buying up a whole bunch of plants and garden related crap, if you happen to trigger that want tree.  I'm open to other suggestions as well.  I wasn't sure what other characteristics of a sim could be used to determine whether they have fun gardening or not.

Compatibility:

gardeningfun.package - credit to the original author for the idea, whom I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure this was from MTS2

This hack needs some testing as I kinda just slapped it together, so I have no idea if it will work or not.  It shouldn't blow up your game tho. :P  I had a simpler, pre-Seasons version that worked ok, and I've actually had sims gain body and fitness from autonomously pulling weeds.  It was actually funny to see some dormies gain some muscle from this (thanks to fitnessforall).

Version History:
v0.01 - Fixed undefined transition error; added code to handle orchard trees.

Less Autonomous College Research (or No Party Research) Hack has moved to its own thread here.

Ste

could I possibly use any more stupid :P smileys?

J. M. Pescado:
Does this still apply if the hot tub is indoors?

Flamingo:
Is there any chance of making it so that getting struck by lightning causes the 'got electrocuted' memory to show? The fact that your mod counts electrocution memories makes the lack of this recollection seem a bit more important now. I definitely do like all the other features, though.

daysies:
I tested... and this is my first findings:

I directed my Sim to use the hot tub, and once her fun and comfort were maxed, she immediately got out of the hot tub.  I'm not sure if that was tied to a hack I removed prior to reloading the lot (I had Squinge's "no staying in hot tub all day" and this hack at the same time when I loaded the lot originally, but I didn't save and took out Squinge's hack afterwards.)  I've since deleted the hot tub and bought her a new one.  My Sim also has maxed platinum aspiration and has never been struck by lightning or electrocuted.  She also has maxed out logic points.

It's also the fall, so I will need to change it to spring to get more rain.  I'll update again later.

[Update]
I had to use SimWardrobe's seasons & weather controller to make it rain.  Anyway, I made it rain, then I directed my Sim to go into the hot tub.  She went in, but then she quickly went out.  Comfort was not maxed.  Then I stopped the rain, directed my Sim to go back into the hot tub, and she sat there for a few minutes.  Then I made it rain again.  Comfort was not maxed, and she quickly got out of the hot tub.  I know I keep mentioning "comfort" but I'm just covering my bases as it might be a residual effect of Squinge's hack even though it's been since removed.

It's probably going to take me days to see if she goes into the hot tub autonomously, but I just wanted to let you know.  I hope this helps.

Do you know when they'd use a hot tub autonomously?  I know visitors tend to flock to hot tubs after they've been greeted, but how about the lot owner?

[Update #2]
So my Sim invited her boyfriend over and he brought over a friend.  I turned weather off and directed her to get into the hot tub and then invite the other two to join her.  They both got in.  Then I made it rain again, and they all got out.  I didn't check their motives to see where they were at.

I did another test, and my Sim got hit by lightning in the hot tub.  Is there a "no lightnings ever" hack?  I think getting hit by lightning is totally unrealistic.  I know it happens, but still...

[Update #3]
My Sim autonomously used the hot tub.  It just turned Winter and she got out before her temperature was red.  Also, her comfort and fun was maxed out.  I'm guessing it's because it turned Winter.  Then again, before this hack, my Sims have gone into the hot tub during the winter and stayed there until their temperature was spiking.  I have a non-awesome hack that prevents them from spontaneously combusting.

syberspunk:
Quote from: J. M. Pescado on 2007 May 01, 01:48:15

Does this still apply if the hot tub is indoors?

It should check if the hot tub is outdoors only... I think I added the code after it runs the line including the lua that checks if it's considered outdoors.

Quote from: Flamingo on 2007 May 01, 02:33:45

Is there any chance of making it so that getting struck by lightning causes the 'got electrocuted' memory to show? The fact that your mod counts electrocution memories makes the lack of this recollection seem a bit more important now. I definitely do like all the other features, though.

Hrm... I thought that the lightning strike actually added that memory.  I think I will have to look at the code again.  I think the only reason I added that was because I could have sworn I had seen this somewhere.... back to the drawing board I go... which I have to anyway, cuz I ran into a bug. :P

And daysies (don't think I'd forgotten about the gardening hack... I kinda slapped something together today, so maybe I'll post it for testing too), the sims exiting due to comfort maxed out is cuz of my hack.  I was kinda experimenting with it, and I will have to tweak it more now.  I'm finding it difficult myself now keeping my sims in hot tubs long enough to woohoo. :P

I'll be tweaking it a bit more and hopefully have a new version up soon.

Ste

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page