Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants (Updated 9/10/2007)

(1/30) > >>

syberspunk:

Teen Enabled Adult Wants v1.06 for TS2BV v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk

:!:  Note:
Use the zadultsdisabledgosteadywant.package hack if you do not want the Go Steady wants to show up for Adults and older.

This hack enables romantic wants between teens and adults. Since I have been using JenFlower's Woohoo Teens, which can be found here, Teens would not get romantic wants for their adult partners and vice-versa. As such, this hack is meant to be a complement to the Woohoo Teens, and is not very useful unless you have it.

Edit: 6/29/2006
According to WildKitten (over @MTS2), these hacks might actually be compatible with the InTeen. :shrug: Up to you to try. Remember, as always, use at your own risk. And always remember to back up your data.

Note: I am not sure if it enables woohoo wants for teens. Theoretically, it should. In my limited testing, it does enable flirt, kiss, and make out wants as you can see below.

Edit: 6/2/2006
For those who do not want Pescado's changes, use the teenenabledadultwantsrandomflirts version. This version keeps the default Maxian behaviour.

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

Compatibility:
This hack is probably compatible with even the basegame. Please report back if you find otherwise. Again, this hack is only useful if you have Woohoo Teens.

Edit: I forgot to mention, this hack will conflict with Pescado's norandomflirtwants hack. I have included the changes he made by default.

Edit2: This hack will now conflict with wfsanity hack.  I have included the changes he made by default (basically it checks to make sure that wants roll up only for sims who are actually physically on the lot and not just off-world).  As a result, this hack must load last in your game if you choose to use both.

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

:!!:REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

:!!:HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related to romantic wants
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

HOW TO PRODUCE AN ERROR LOG:
1) Open the cheat menu - Ctrl + Shift + C
2) Enable the debug mode - Type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
3) Hit Enter :P
4) Play as normal until an error occurs. If an error dialog box pops up, note the location of the error log and choose Reset. If the error pops up repeatedly, choose Delete and exit WITHOUT SAVING!
5) Post your error log here, preferably as a .zip or .rar archive.

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

:grouphug: Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

Thanks to Theo for pointing out a significant bug. :)

If I left anyone out, I apologize in advance. You know who you are and you deserve my thanks.

Version History:
v1.01 - Converted to 0x8007 format for backwards compatibility (I hope :P)
v1.02 - Fixed bug with random flirts showing up for toddlers, dead sims, and other sims regardless of gender pref (needs further testing)
v1.03 - Pets compatible version
v1.04 - Tweaked Go Steady want
v1.05 - Added changes from wfsanity hack (see Compatibility section for details)
v1.06 - Updated for Bon Voyage

Here you can see townie Meadow Thayer roll up wants for my test subject, appropriately named Sujet Dexpérience ;)

Ancient Sim:
Well, I could certainly use this as I have Jenflower's mod (decided to change from Inteen seeing as I don't really want any pregnant teens), but is it possible to make a version without the norandomflirt stuff?  I have this little fun thing going on where if they ask to flirt with someone, if the opportunity comes up they get to do it (well, it's what they WANT, yes?).  Also, I like to see who they choose and all that and ... well, I don't want it removed!  Any chance???  If not, maybe you can tell me how to do it?

jsalemi:
Quote from: Ancient Sim on 2006 June 01, 23:55:32

Well, I could certainly use this as I have Jenflower's mod (decided to change from Inteen seeing as I don't really want any pregnant teens), but is it possible to make a version without the norandomflirt stuff?  I have this little fun thing going on where if they ask to flirt with someone, if the opportunity comes up they get to do it (well, it's what they WANT, yes?).  Also, I like to see who they choose and all that and ... well, I don't want it removed!  Any chance???  If not, maybe you can tell me how to do it?

I agree -- I usually keep the norandomflirt active, but every so often I decide the neighborhood has been too quiet, and take it out to see what kind of chaos results. :)  A version of this without that would be good.

U_Dog_U:
I have inteen and my teens still have teen wants so I'll give this a try.

BlueSoup:
Quote from: syberspunk on 2006 June 01, 22:32:45

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

When you say it must be in your Downloads folder, does that mean it can't go in a subfolder?  And I know one of TJ's pregnancy for all hacks has to be in the same folder as Jenflower's, but loaded afterwards, so is this like that one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page