More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 11:22:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Una Problema (SimPE Noob Speaking -_-)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Una Problema (SimPE Noob Speaking -_-)  (Read 8451 times)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
Una Problema (SimPE Noob Speaking -_-)
« on: 2006 February 18, 19:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Sim named Franz.  Franz has a custom skin tone and custom eyes (pale skin and blue-gray eyes).  His wife, Paine, has normal skin tone and custom eyes (lightest default skin and red eyes).  In SimPE, Franz passes on his nose, mouth and eyes (and skin, since it's custom); Paine passes of her nose, cheek, cheekbones, eyes, jaw, and ears.  When Franz and Paine had their first child, it looked just like Franz, with the custom eyes and skin, the hooked nose, etc.  When Franz and Paine had their second child, it was the same thing over again (not to mention another boy, I think I have a neighborhood ratio problem too).  I used the Rerandomizer thing on the Lot Debugger box...will that solve my dillema?  Is there a way to make it so baby #2 will look like a Paine clone rather than another Franz clone? 

I have a box of trout and rocks ready for hitting me, I tried using the search engine on here and apparently I don't use it very well...damn you, impatience!  Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Una Problema (SimPE Noob Speaking -_-)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 18, 19:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there's absolutely no way to guarantee a baby will or will not look like any given parent. If your sim has facial features classified "dominant", those are highly likely to be passed on, and may end up producing many kids that look just like that parent. Kicking the generator may or may not improve your sim facial distribution.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 18, 23:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In SimPE, Franz passes on his nose, mouth and eyes (and skin, since it's custom); Paine passes of her nose, cheek, cheekbones, eyes, jaw, and ears.  Is there a way to make it so baby #2 will look like a Paine clone rather than another Franz clone? 

Could you temporarily alter the DNA in SimPe so that Franz passes on no characteristics?  Paine's would then be dominent and you would have a higher chance of a getting Paine like features.  You could also save prior to birth and if the kid doesn't look the way you want you could exit the lot without saving and then try again.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 00:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I did. My self sim had almost everything dominant, so I changed it so not quite so much is likely to be passed down.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 20, 03:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about the lack of response... Embarrassed

I'll try the quit without saving thing first, but just in case it doesn't work, how does one go by turning off eye genetics?  I don't mind if baby #2 looks like Franz (I'm kinda partial to his features anyway), but I don't really want to lose Paine's red eyes in the second generation.  Like the title states, I haven't used SimPE very much except to clone Sims, so I'd like some sort of direction.   Undecided

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 20, 08:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the red eyes haven't had their genetic dominance edited, likely as not they'll stay for many generations.  All custom genetics are highly dominant unless the files have been modified to make them more realistic (like blue eyes being recessive). 

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 20, 18:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering.  How is custom (0) more dominant than let's say brown eyes (1). 
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 20, 20:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the save without quitting thing a few times and finally got a baby girl.  She still looks like Franz but I can deal with that.  Now Paine is pregnant with a third child.

I'm hoping it will be like another family I had in a different neighborhood --- The family had two children that looked like the mother, and baby #3 looked like the father. 

I'll just assume that the red eyes are being treated as recessive and will come out sometime...hopefully...if I get too fed up I'll figure out how to turn Franz's eyes off.   Cheesy

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 20, 23:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family that had one parent with custom eyes and one with default blue eyes.  All of the children inherited the custom eyes, but then one of the original couple's grandchildren got blue eyes.  And the other parent of the (grand)child didn't have blue eyes nor were they in her family.  So they had to have come from that one grandmother.

I have skin tones doing this as well.  The default Maxis ones may be recessive to the custom ones, but they may still show up in future generations.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 20, 23:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll just assume that the red eyes are being treated as recessive and will come out sometime...hopefully...if I get too fed up I'll figure out how to turn Franz's eyes off.   Cheesy

Ok, I'll show you how to make Franz have recessive red eyes - if he has them as recessive (passing them on) and Paine has them as expressive (actually showing them) you will have a greater chance of them appearing

I'm going to be a little specific here as you did term yourself 'SimPe noob' - apologies in advance if you already know how to do this.

First fire up SimPe, click on Tools, Neigbourhood and then Neighbourhood browser.  Select your neighbourhood and then choose backup - because back up is cool 'mkay?  Once it has finished backing up, select your neighbourhood. 

Go to Tools, Neighbourhood, Sim browser.  We are going to check out what Paine has as her expressive eyes - yes we could type it in for Franz but it is best to be on the safe side.  Type the letter P so it will bring you to the names beginning with P and find Paine.  Click open

We are now in the Sim Description for Paine - click on the More Tab and then select Open Sim DNA.  The one we want is Dominent Gene, eye.

Double click on the numbers so that the whole series is highlighted & press Ctrl C (aka copy)

Go to Tools, Neigbourhood, Sim browser, type in F and find Franz. Click Open

We are at the Sim Description for Franz and just as you did for Paine, go to the More Tab and choose Open Sim DNA.  This time go to Recessive Gene, eye.

highlight the row of numbers that appear by double-clicking on them and then type Ctrl V (aka paste) and then choose Commit and Save package

We have made Paine's eyes recessive for Franz so that there is a higher chance of the red being passed on.  If you change your mind and want it to be completely random again open up Franz's DNA and change the recessive to whatever he has as Dominent.  It probably wouldn't hurt to have a look at the kids DNA to see what they have as recessive (following the above method) so that the gene will continue to be passed on

You might run into Maxis numbers for DNA at some point and they can be a little confusing so I'll post what I know below.  I can't remember what is recessive or dominent for Hair colours but I think Black is more dominent than Brown, which is more dominent than Blond, which is more dominent thanRed e.g.  Black > Brown > Blond > Red.  I wouldn't swear to this though

Hair Colours:
00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Black Hair
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Brown Hair
00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Blond Hair
00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Red Hair

Skin Tones:
00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Light
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Tan
00000003-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Medium Dark
00000004-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Dark
6baf064a-85ad-4e37-8d81-a987e9f8da46 Alien

Eye Colours:
32dee745-b6ce-419f-9e86-ae93802d2682 Brown (Dominant)
2d6839c5-0b7c-48a1-9c55-4bd9cc873b0f Dark Blue (Dominant)
e43f3360-3a08-4755-8b83-a0d37a6c424b Light Blue (Recessive)
0758508c-7111-40f9-b33b-706464626ac9 Grey Blue (Recessive)
51c4a750-c9f4-4cfe-801c-898efc360cb7 Green (Recessive)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 21, 00:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the tutorial Smiley  I had to go by http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1423.0 in order to figure out which lines where the dominant and recessive eye color, but the combination of the two really helped.  I wonder how this will turn out.   Grin

Also, I looked at the DNA of Gregory and Lulu, the two children, and they have Paine's genetics as recessive.  This is a good sign.   Smiley

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 21, 00:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to go by http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1423.0 in order to figure out which lines where the dominant and recessive eye color

Oh, I'm so sorry, I just didn't think - I've got the latest version of SimPe and it divides them up into Dominent & Recessive and then which string is for eye, hair, characteristics...you might want to try downloading it as it does make it much easier changing & identifying DNA
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 22, 02:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried playing today and baby #3 still had Franz eyes.  I may have to do a couple restarts... Undecided

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 23, 01:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question:

In line #5 of the old SimPE DNA line, is it plausable to somehow edit what characteristics are passed on?  Does mouth, nose, eye, mean eye shape or eye color?  Would this be a bad thing if I edited this line?  Also, if I made Franz's expressed eye color red, would that make the red eyes pass down?  I tried making another Sim show green eyes after I made a CAS booboo, but it didn't show the green eyes when I committed.  Hmm...good thing I got this baby backed up.   Roll Eyes

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 23, 11:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"but it didn't show the green eyes when I committed" - I found this post which you might find interesting http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=2321&highlight=dna

I was not aware of this happening - perhaps you could save before the birth and keep re-rolling until you get what you want?   You could also try creating a dummy sim in CAS with the characteristics you want to have.  Then open up SimPe Sim Surgery - Tools, Neighbourhood, Sim Surgery.  Use your sim as the patient and the dummy with the characteristics as the archetype. Make sure you select the option of eyes only & don't forget to back up first Grin

EDIT: I don't know how easily you are offended but sim surgery does include nude figures at the bottom to show the different skin colours so fyi.

With the characteristics, my understanding is that it is the shape of the mouth, nose and eye and not the colour.

I found this a little while ago on SimPe forum http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1231&highlight=dna

1 (dtString) is for the expressed hair gene
2 (dtString) is for the skin tone carried but not neccessarily expressed
268435457 (dtString) is for hair colour carried but not necessarily expressed
268435458 (dtString) is for the skin tone expressed
268435459 (dtString) is for the eye colour carried but not necessarily expressed
268435461 (dtString) usually empty
268435462 (dtString) is for the skin tone passed on to offspring
3 (dtString) is for the expressed eye colour
5 (dtString) shows the dominant facial regions
6 (dtString) is for the skin tone passed on to offspring
« Last Edit: 2006 February 23, 11:45:16 by vilia » Logged
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 24, 02:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently setting the red eyes as a dominant trait for both parents resulted in a red-eyed baby, even though it faked me off that the newborn had the same blue eyes.  When Hans transitioned to toddler, there the red eyes were.   Smiley  I'll set the genetics back to normal soon, I have a feeling that if Franz were to transition to elder, he'd have red eyes too.   Cheesy  Thanks for the information, I'll keep it in mind for future reference.   Smiley

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 17, 01:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I seem to be having an odd occurrence in my neighborhood. 

I started my second custom neighborhood a couple of months ago.  I created the founding Sims via CAS and Body Shop and also from cloning some Sims using SimPE.  I had some of these Sims reproduce, and for some odd reason, every baby born in a family is exactly the same.  Same facial features, same eye and hair color, and the same personality.  I have tried using the lot debugger thing to see if I could fix this, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.  It keeps happening and it's annoying.  I was able to fix baby number three in the Franz and Paine thing, but in my Smiths family, I tried fixing their baby #3 to no success.  Any suggestions?   Huh

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 17, 02:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any suggestions?   Huh

Well the mother could always get friendly with the mailman to add some DNA variety to the family. Wink

A lot of my sims tend not to have 2 children from both the same parents. They either are slutty and fool around on the side, break up, someone dies, have one kid and adopt another etc.

Probably not the solution you were looking for but it does add variety.

People have been complaining about siblings looking the same since the game first came out. It happens I guess.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 17, 02:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can have red eyes as a genetic color?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 17, 02:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These were red eyes that I made for a specific Sim.  For some reason in SimPE, the custom red eyes have a DNA "strand" of its own.   Smiley

In the previous neighborhood, this problem wasn't as noticable.  Sure the kids looked the same but at least they had differing personalities, even if it was subtle.  Now they're like clones.  Having to go in to SimPE after a new sibling is born is a bit tedious.   Undecided

There are a couple of Romance Sims that I could try that strategy with, Motoki.   Cheesy

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 17, 02:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can have red eyes as a genetic color?

If you download custom red eyes (I did) - they can. I saw in the (Red Alert! Red Alert!  Wink  ) DNA section of the Enhanser all my downloaded eye colors...Smiley.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 17, 08:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started my second custom neighborhood a couple of months ago.  I created the founding Sims via CAS and Body Shop and also from cloning some Sims using SimPE.  I had some of these Sims reproduce, and for some odd reason, every baby born in a family is exactly the same.  Same facial features, same eye and hair color, and the same personality.  I have tried using the lot debugger thing to see if I could fix this, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.  It keeps happening and it's annoying.  I was able to fix baby number three in the Franz and Paine thing, but in my Smiths family, I tried fixing their baby #3 to no success.  Any suggestions?   Huh

To use the lot debugger you need to enter a lot and have a debugger present.  Select RERANDOMIZE SIM GENERATOR.  "This scrambles the sim generator by advancing the sequence a random number of places to avoid the identical-child-personality "firstborn" effect. Will exit the lot without saving as a side effect. Save before use." (RTFM)

This should ensure that you are not getting identical kids
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 17, 13:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To use the lot debugger you need to enter a lot and have a debugger present.  Select RERANDOMIZE SIM GENERATOR.  "This scrambles the sim generator by advancing the sequence a random number of places to avoid the identical-child-personality "firstborn" effect. Will exit the lot without saving as a side effect. Save before use." (RTFM)

This should ensure that you are not getting identical kids

Isn't that just the personality though.  I didn't think it affected what they look like.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: