More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 11:03:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What is that want?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What is that want?  (Read 11720 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
What is that want?
« on: 2006 February 15, 20:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...I was looking at all the screenshots on MTS2 for the all-in-1 NPC, and the sample character they used has a want that looks like a pile of open cardboard boxes. What is that want? Moving? Unpacking? What the heck?

Also, I have to say, I'm not sure what's going on in those screenshots, but it's like a creepy little story all in it's own. Scary-looking lady, a baby farm (?) and a bunch of dead NPC. wtf?

I'd link to it, but MTS2 is down right about now....

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: What is that want?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 15, 21:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the want for moving out.  Sims get it right after growing into adulthood and still living at their parents house
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 15, 22:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you always send your kids to Uni, and never played the base game (only the base game +Uni) then you won't have seen it, although any kid who you decide not to send to college will get it.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 16, 03:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the want for moving out.  Sims get it right after growing into adulthood and still living at their parents house
Yeah, although it's kind of a stupid want. Ain't worth enough, and may or may not even be practical depending on whether or not you have no-20K-handout, and even then, somebody has to eventually return to house-sit when people start dying off.

Plus, you end up with two families, which doubles the amount of time it takes to play!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 16, 08:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you aren't playing with No20Khandout, though, it can be a good move for a poor family - teen grows up, moves out, then moves back with a 20K bonus!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 16, 08:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but in that case you may as well cheat, you big lamer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 16, 08:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's just the difference in the size of the cheat, isn't it!  And since I can't get the Family funds cheat to work......

But I didn't actually say I made a habit of it! 

Zephyr Zodiac
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 16, 09:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in the sims new adults can't wait to fly the family nest
in real life you can't prise the buggers away from their home comforts in my experience Roll Eyes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 16, 09:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather think it depends on the person.  And whether they have some goal in mind.. My niece was 21 when she decided to emigrate - and that's a little more drastic than moving to a flat three blocks away!

Zephyr Zodiac
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 16, 21:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr what's your problem with the familyfunds cheat? I didn't get it either at first, because the tuts had it all wrong, but typing familyfunds Broke 20000 should set the Broke's money to 20000$ for example. No commas, dots, or other nonsense should be put into the number! a + or - in front of the number should add or substract the amount from the exsiting family fund.

Oh, and if you have more that one family with the same name in the hood, there is the problem that the cheat will only ever work for the family who had that name first.  Roll Eyes
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 16, 21:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I've never had this want! But I guess I do play reeeeally slowly, and I have reset it a few times. And most kids go to Uni, now.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 16, 23:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and if you have more that one family with the same name in the hood, there is the problem that the cheat will only ever work for the family who had that name first.

You can select the family, then type the cheat and that'll let you give a 2nd Broke family (or whoever) the money. In the neighborhood view, you want to get to the point where the family has the green icon thing over the house but you haven't chosen to load it yet. Just click on the house once or whatever is easiest for you. You can also use the cheat after you've loaded the lot, tho often that seems pointless for a variety of reasons.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 17, 00:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr what's your problem with the familyfunds cheat? I didn't get it either at first, because the tuts had it all wrong, but typing familyfunds Broke 20000 should set the Broke's money to 20000$ for example. No commas, dots, or other nonsense should be put into the number! a + or - in front of the number should add or substract the amount from the exsiting family fund.

Oh, and if you have more that one family with the same name in the hood, there is the problem that the cheat will only ever work for the family who had that name first.  Roll Eyes

It just doesn't seem to work!  But maybe it's because some of the cheats in the UK english version have to have the odd Capital letter, and some don't - gets confusing.

Zephyr Zodiac
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 17, 11:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@sagana: Hm. I'm pretty sure I have tried that a few times and it never worked (The changes were still applied to the "first-named family"). But maybe I should try again.

@Zephyr: That's weird. I've heard of the capital letters problem before. My German game version on the other hand doesn't care for capital letters at all.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 17, 11:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

selecting a family who has the same name as another and then typing in the cheat works fine for me
and my UK version of the game hates capital letters in the cheat box  Huh

this game puzzles me a lot sometimes because of the variations on a theme which occur. why does one game act in a different way to another, when we are using the same cheats? regional versions not acting the same, capital letters sometimes work and sometimes don't....i dunno, there seems to be little consistency
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 17, 12:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just doesn't seem to work!  But maybe it's because some of the cheats in the UK english version have to have the odd Capital letter, and some don't - gets confusing.
Odd. I use UK English and it doesn't seem to need capital letters.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 17, 12:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to click on the family in the sim bin to select them-then open up the cheat box, type familyfunds Sims +50000

Then the Sims family will have an extra §50,000 Smiley The only capital letters you need are in the family name if you used them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 17, 15:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if my family aren't in the bin at the time, that's a bit difficult.  I actually don't like using money cheats much, though I will kaching if my sims have lot money through no fault of their own, like I've dleted all the walls and floors from their house and have to replace them!  Usually, if a sim family is short of money I make them earn what they need, but I do make use of the money order to send money to family members and friends.  But in my game I definitely have some cheats that won't work without a capital letter!  Moveobjects is one of them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 17, 15:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the familyfunds cheat only works if your family/sim is in the simbin. I don't think you can click on houses and do it-mind you, I've never tried it! I only do the cheat for my daughter. I prefer my sims to scratch their way up from poverty! Cheesy

Taz
Lipless Loser

Whatever.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 17, 16:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZephyrZodiac, try typing it in as "familyFunds simname +20000" with a capital F on funds. Works for me.  Undecided

Fascinating.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 17, 16:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

familyfunds works whether the family is in the bin or in the house.  You don't have to click on the house, just use their name.  You can also do it from inside a house for any family in the neighbourhood, I believe.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 17, 16:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

familyfunds works whether the family is in the bin or in the house.  You don't have to click on the house, just use their name.  You can also do it from inside a house for any family in the neighbourhood, I believe.

Wow-good to know! I have never tried it any other way.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 17, 16:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll try that version, Taz, though it's very rare that I use this kind of cheat - mainly only in my test neighbourhood where when I've cleaned up/created a house I need to put a family in to test it - so obviously if the house is 150K, I need to cheat!  And this is quicker than moving them to a cheap lot and Motherloding!  (If I can get it to work..... I'll try when I feel like house-building again)

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 17, 17:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do the same thing ZZ. Before I found Reg's, Witch's and Emma's houses it was shocking how many of the downloadable houses were nice to look at but singularly unplayable.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 17, 17:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of strange wants, I've had two strange fears crop up recently.  The first was when a widow got the fear of falling out of love with her deceased husband -- never saw that before.  And then Cassie Dreamer (ne Goth) got a fear of falling out of love with an old boyfried who recently died, and she hasn't been with him since he got married.  Very odd...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: