More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 02:55:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Potty training since OFB - any problems?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Potty training since OFB - any problems?  (Read 4398 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Potty training since OFB - any problems?
« on: 2006 March 11, 08:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While playing the Broke household, I notice that the level isn't moving up when potty training the youngest. Any one else have this problem? I'm guessing that I'm going to have to start taking out hacks to find out which one it is, but was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Potty training since OFB - any problems?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 11, 08:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to do it on one toddler born after installing OFB so far without problems. I do have the old smartmilk toddler plus parent training with smartcap on for teach to walk beng broken bug, but that's an old bug that refuses to die.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 11, 13:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got OFB 2 days ago and just started playing last night.  Potty trained a pair of twins without any problem.  Also taught them to walk and talk without any trouble.

And I recently started just using smart milk, no thinking cap when I teach my toddlers these skills.  Since JM added the "Test IQ" function to the lot debugger, I've noticed that the toddler's IQ doesn't change when the thinking cap is used.  I also tried teaching a pair of toddler twins to walk by having both drink smart milk, then one parent wore the thinking cap while the other one didn't.  Had each parent teach one of the twins to walk, having both start at the same time.  They both finished at the same time.

But I also noticed that my smart milk sticks all the time, too.  The only time it goes away is when the family moves or I send a teen to Uni.  And I don't let them have it back after they go to Uni, but I don't think it's fair that if they had it, they lose it when the family moves, so I use the lot debugger to give it back IF it was stuck before the family moved.  If, by chance, it wasn't, I don't give it to the child/teen after the move.  And since I installed OFB, all the smart milk was reset, natch, so I've been giving it back to all the children/teens still at home, since they all DID have it before!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 11, 13:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

never saw someone use a hack to restore a bug corred by Maxis before Cheesy
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 11, 17:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies. What I have found - which seems to be a temporary come and go glitch in my game is the toddler skill bar doesn't animate going up (seems to be stuck at the lowest level) but it does seem that the "training" is being recorded and the skill does eventually get learned. I've been going in and out of the Broke lot testing a couple of things and sometimes the skill bar moves, sometimes it is stuck - but it does seem to be only a graphical issue.  Huh
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 12, 12:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using the smart milk and having the parent wear the thinking cap while potty training?  I had that problem pre-NL patch 1 with teaching toddlers to walk.  If you don't use the thinking cap, the progress bar should go up normally.  That's what happened to me with the teaching to walk.  It works ok for me now, but I quit using both when it wasn't and just got used to doing it that way.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 12, 13:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am potty training Broke's third child (born before OFB) with no probs. I am not using smartmilk though or the thinking cap. And I haven't had a kid be born since the expansion so I don't know how that would go. The Broke kid transitioned from a baby to a toddler with the new expansion inplace though. The Broke tott is also the first tott I am teaching since the new expansion.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 12, 13:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game even with nightlife patched with both patches still has the potty training bug err...feature that instantly potty trains a toddler when you cancel the parent's interaction when they start looking bored Cheesy

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 13, 01:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game even with nightlife patched with both patches still has the potty training bug err...feature that instantly potty trains a toddler when you cancel the parent's interaction when they start looking bored Cheesy

oh is that how that happens? I've done it a couple of times by accident and couldn't work out how to recreate it. Anyway, I have potty trained twins with smartmilk after installing OFB and it seemed to work the same as ever.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 13, 01:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky you, Bangel, I don't have it anymore Sad

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 13, 08:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucky you, Bangel, I don't have it anymore Sad
I was sure OFB would kill the potty train feature in my game but I got lucky it didnt and I still dont understand why some people's games lose the bug and others keep the bug but I wish maxis would not try and correct it Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 13, 10:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe, you ARE a lucky Bangel, aren't you?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: