More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:41:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?  (Read 18764 times)
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Peggy Sims - worth the subscription?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 18, 03:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll send you the dollar, as long as you send me £100 for Air Mail, plus postage and acking, which is £20, each. Grin

Hm...sounds like it depends on which hair you download, I agree with Nailati on the fact that hairs look good on show, but can look quite different in game. Although, it sometimes depends on your graphics I believe.

It seems that if you only downloaded objects, or hairs etc alone, it wouldn't be very worth your money, but combined, is more worth your money.

Agreed on 4ESF, very high quality downloads.

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 18, 04:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need that much for air mail!  Wink well, I figure you might as well pay me if you wanna pay Peggy lol...

Hey, seriously, wait a couple more months for more stuff to accumulate. Then you get more bang. Perhaps you can hold out till it reach 500 hairs or something. In meantime, if you need someone to hold your dollars, feel free to send them to me  Grin

besides April's special gift is ugly  Wink

Go Away
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 18, 05:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, they are worth the subscription.  I've never had a problem with the hairs and my only problem is that they aren't binned.  I don't bother with Peggy sims  for anything other than the hair because I really don't like anything else other than a couple of decorative objects but if you are looking for hair, you can't go wrong.

spircles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 18, 05:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peggy's latest Donation hairstyle is animated. It seems both she and Rose are finally making the leap to animate them. Rose's new ponytail animation is not the greatest, think it would have been nicer unanimated. The new Peggy animated one is quite nice. I like it!

It's up to you at any rate, I've read other places it's good to get a sub, download everything. Wait about six months and repeat to get all the new donation content.

Rose works a bit differently as each hair must be paid for seperately or you can purchase the package deals, which are fairly costly imho. But if you can pick out 6 hairs I think ... that you really like it's about 11 dollars for that set. Keep in mind some of the older ones have very very bad transparency issues.

Good luck in whatever you choose either way.
 Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 April 20, 16:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More Awesome Than You is the only site worth subscribing to on your own. Anything else MIGHT only be worth it if you pooled you subscriptions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 April 20, 16:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need that much for air mail!  Wink well, I figure you might as well pay me if you wanna pay Peggy lol...

Hey, seriously, wait a couple more months for more stuff to accumulate. Then you get more bang. Perhaps you can hold out till it reach 500 hairs or something. In meantime, if you need someone to hold your dollars, feel free to send them to me  Grin

besides April's special gift is ugly  Wink

Ugh. So true. It was more of an incentive to not subscribe. However, as her latest hairstyle is fairly close to what my hair looks like, I couldn't resist.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 April 20, 19:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if it's just b/c of where I got them from, but the RoseSims donation hairs have major, major bugs in my game in every stage except adult and elder. There's always gaps in the forehead going from toddler to teen, the gaps varying from ginormous to small, yet always noticeable. That she never uses any of the other stages in her previews suggests that it's not just an isolated problem with me.

If this is going to be the quality of her hairs, I don't see how she gets away with charging such ridiculously high sums for them.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 April 21, 02:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idtaminger,

I have no problems at all with the Rose Sims donation hair. They work beautifully for me for all ages. My sim children look so beautiful like, like little barbie dolls all dressed up  Kiss

Are you using custom skin for those sims or perhaps it's ur sim have a very extreme forehead?

My problem is with TSR paid sunair hair. It is always weird for certain sims (such as the problem you described). Other players don't seem to have the same problem as me  Undecided

Go Away
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 April 21, 02:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *hated* the RoseSims hairs.  I installed them, checked them all in Bodyshop before I bothered to bin them, and immediately yanked them all out.

Good thing I didn't pay for them, eh?  Grin
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 April 21, 02:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue, I know you hate them. I must have seen you complain in all the places I talked about them. The Rose Sims hairs are some of my favs. Granted some of them are bad (and would suck even if I paid 99 cents for them), but a majority was hair I would kill a thousand townies for if I am a girl  Cheesy

And they look better in the game than in Bodyshop.

And Blue, what are your favourite hairs for ur simmies? I am just curious.

Go Away
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 April 21, 03:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL.  I don't complain....</angel smile>

My favourite hairs are some of the hairstyles from Lola at TSR.  I do like and have others like Seomi's, XMSims, and a couple from MTS2 by various creators.  And some from the InSim site.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 April 21, 17:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have real difficulties with the PeggySims site simply because it is slower than frozen treacle. Yes I have Broadband and a reasonably big and clever computer but waiting for the damn site to upload is like watching a bucket rust. I usually have to resort to iTunes to alleviate the tedium.
As someone else pointed out a lot of the hair stuff is rubbish. Looks about as realistic as a tinsel Christmas tree in-game. The animations can suck like an Electrolux too.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 April 21, 18:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Peggy Sims hairs. I prefer my hair nice and uber-shiny. And the basic bones of the hair are nice. I'm not so picky about animations.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 April 21, 18:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

waiting for the damn site to upload is like watching a bucket rust.

This is hilarious!  I never heard this analogy before, but I like it!   Cheesy

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 April 21, 18:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, congratulations, sexiest Senator.

* BlueSoup grrrs at gali.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 April 21, 19:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must have missed a romance
Sorry the mac lacks vomit bags

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 April 21, 19:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, congratulations, sexiest Senator.

* BlueSoup grrrs at gali.

Thank ya, thank ya very much.   Wink

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 April 21, 19:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maintains a diplomatic silence.

spircles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 April 22, 06:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of problems with these hairs... I got a free one and a pay one from Rose. I don't recall if I was having these issues before, but I am now.

First two pics, the elder, adult, ya, and teen hairs show fine, but when I put the style for child I get this flipped up bangs crap.

And in these second pics, there are four haircolors(recolors of the mesh). They seem to work just fine for anything but adult & ya.

Any ideas what could be causing this or how I might fix it? I've tried removing the mesh as well as all textures and replacing them but I'm still getting this weird glitch.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: