More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 07:54:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My Sim wants to teach her girlfriend commands?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sim wants to teach her girlfriend commands?  (Read 8049 times)
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
My Sim wants to teach her girlfriend commands?
« on: 2008 March 24, 03:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims has some bizarre wants. She wants her girlfriend to learn pet commands. While semi-amusing in a BDSM sense, it's not a Want she can actually fulfill.

My only theory is that this was caused by using an older 'create a baby pet' object. Yes, I broke it. But I've gotten rid of the pet in question, removed all hacks, used various mods including FFS lot debugger to reset the Sim's wants, and it doesn't matter, she still keeps at least two want slots dedicated to having her girlfriend learn pet commands.

Any ideas how I can fix this?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: My Sim wants to teach her girlfriend commands?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 24, 03:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the create a baby pet object have been a statue that looked like the one that came with the pets ep? Because that still works fine and would not have caused that problem.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 24, 04:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the one.

I hadn't changed anything else in a week or two...just nabbing the director's cut updates as they come in. I suppose the Sim could have been 'broken' before and it took the right circumstances (obtaining a pet) for it to happen.
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 24, 04:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so kinky.

Anyway, this reminds me of the toddlers rolling Woohoo Wants, which can happen if you delete Sims in-game. Have you ever done that? If not, then I apologize for wasting your time. I am new and definitely not awesome.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 24, 05:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is so kinky.

Anyway, this reminds me of the toddlers rolling Woohoo Wants, which can happen if you delete Sims in-game. Have you ever done that? If not, then I apologize for wasting your time. I am new and definitely not awesome.
Not just delete sims, but move a family from one hood into another one will cause these problems as well.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 24, 11:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how to delete Sims in-game? Unless you mean from the family bin? In which case, no. Tired of looking at Malcolm Landgraab VIIIIII, btw.

This is a 'clean' neighborhood (well....I think it got BV and FT townies, ultimately) and all the Sims in question were born there.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 25, 02:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that sounds hysterical, do you have pics?

INFP or something
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 25, 22:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She's gotten over it for now, but I'll screenshot it next time.

The Want icon is just like the pet command want, but with the girlfriend's portrait. "Twyla learns to come here", etc.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 26, 11:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue with a sim after using the "create baby pet" item. My favorite was when one of my sims had a want to "Stroke Christopher," his brother-in-law. Never took a screenshot, but it was pretty funny.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 27, 18:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had this problem with that object. If you have played a hood for a long time things like this will crop up eventually.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 27, 20:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little unrelated, but along the same lines...I have a sim that keeps rolling wants and fears involving a dead sim.  She was in the household when this sim died...there is a tombstone, his ghost appears, she has seen it.  Nothing like fearing a dead sim will...die.  This is not an old neighborhood nor do I have anything that would cause this kind of thing.  I always just assumed it was a random glitch-type thing.  Annoying as hell, but doesn't really effect gameplay.  I have thought about resurrecting the sim, sigh, would send her current family-life into a high-speed wobble though.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 27, 22:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That crops up every so often, and has since at least OFB.  I've seen sims with the fear of falling out of love with a dead spouse, and now I've got a run of sims wanting a dead sim to be cured of being a werewolf. I would have thought death was the ultimate cure for that. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 27, 22:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no, Joe, of course there are undead werewolves.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 31, 19:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 31, 20:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New wfsanity adds explicit check for non-petness for eligible petness to all pet-related check trees. Should suppress weirdo-wants like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 31, 20:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rock!

Downloaded.

Putting Twyla's BDSM outfit back in the dresser.

Edited to add: Athena's wants and fears! They have sanity now!
« Last Edit: 2008 March 31, 20:50:16 by TashaYarrr » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: