More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:41:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hair Mesh Fixes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hair Mesh Fixes?  (Read 13175 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Hair Mesh Fixes?
« on: 2008 May 27, 08:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may all laugh and point at me for asking this, but I'm not sure where else to turn.

I have a particular hairstyle on a fairly important sim in my neighborhood. It's a very good hairstyle for her and I really like the way it works with her look. Unfortunately, it is a Peggy hair that has some asstastic gaps in the mesh. I've got the Rissa recolor of it, but that does nothing for the mesh.

I'm speaking of this hair:  http://ang.mux.net/simpics/peggyd109.jpg

Which does this: http://ang.mux.net/simpics/badmesh.jpg

Pretty much any picture I take from behind her has some sort of gap in it now. It's ugly as hell and it pisses me off, because otherwise I like the way this style looks. I can photoshop in some skin whenever I need it, but I'd rather not have to edit every picture I have of her. I *could* just choose another hairstyle for her, but that would be too easy.

Does anyone know of anyone who might have done a fix for this mesh?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Hair Mesh Fixes?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 27, 14:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.renegadesims.com/ has some fixes, but not nearly enough, and it hasn't been updated in ages.
I don't know of anyone else who fixes pay meshes, but hopefully there are other people out there too.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 27, 14:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might poke around on Sims Cave? I seem to recall nabbing a fixed mesh along with some recolors there (for a different Peggy style).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 27, 14:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't find a fixed version, I could try. But I don't have that hair and would need to get it from the booty (because it's pay, right? It looks too good for a free Peggy hair) so if you could tell me the file name/number in a PM it'd be of much help.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 27, 21:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've checked Renegade (wish it would come back), but they don't have this one.

It is a pay mesh, but Rissa has the mesh with the download of her recolors: http://rissa-styles.tevalon.de/content/blogcategory/15/52/1/4/ (It's the second one, obviously). If you could even just fix the gaps so they weren't as constant, I would be grateful. :}

pinkysim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 27, 21:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well no offence to Peggy, but her hairs are badly animated, this will happen to most of the hair she has.
Now about the mesh, I am not any good at that, but that is what is happining, its that her mesh is bad.
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 28, 17:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, fixing neck gaps is awfully easy (that's why I don't understand why Peggy doesn't fix them herself. Lazy, greedy bitch...)

I'll get on to it.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 28, 17:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Peggy hairs that are upswept from the neck have neck gaps. All Peggy hairs that show the ears have ear gaps. It's a given. I seem to recall one that had a forehead gap at teen stage as well. I have a sim girl right now in one of her ethnic braided styles (kinky side ponytail with three braids from the hairline) and have taken several photos of the lovely neck-gappage, one while the girl was a toddler and you could see her mother looking at her through the gap in her neck.

She has no excuse. She's a greedy little bitch who just cares about getting the money she's not entitled to as a non-EA employee and doesn't care one bit about customer satisfaction.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 28, 19:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Berg!

And yeah, I'm well aware that Peggy and Juice are Notorious (capital N) for their mesh gaps. Unfortunately, dispute the sucktacity of some of her meshes, there are occasionally styles from that site that I actually like quite a bit otherwise.

Honestly, I don't think there's a single hair creator out there I'm completely happy with. Peggy has horrible meshes and asstastic colors. Rose meshes can also be bad, and red is usually far from it. Rissa's recolors are great on the red, but her brown is way too red. Nouk's red isn't red enough. So on and so forth. If I disregarded every creator for the things I don't like about them, I'd be stuck with just the Maxis hair, which gets really boring, really quickly. For me at least.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 28, 20:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I like most of her styles as well. None of the ones with ribbons or bandanas or such...not versatile enough.

Most of my red hairs I have ingame are extremely unrealistic bright reds, much brighter than your avatar. I actually like them...the founder of my current 'hood had a short red hair from (I believe) XM in that shade, and I'm still giving a few of my redheads that shade to keep it in the mix. I like reddish browns myself, being slightly auburn. The only reds I don't like are the washed-out pinkish ones. If you're going to do pink, do a hot solid pink, not some pink-blond mash you call red.

Nouk is definitely my favorite. I always go with the darker set of colors she makes for each hair mesh.

Ah, here's the red:

« Last Edit: 2008 May 28, 20:40:44 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 29, 08:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My main complaint with cc red is that it's too hard to find any consistency. Red's especially the worst. Occasionally, if want to change a hair style, it can be a pain to try and find a style in a color that actually matches the previous style. Blond can be bad too, but usually isn't quite as bad.

I think Miranda's (my avatar) hair is a Rissa recolor. Smiley

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 29, 10:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think many Asian creators have difficulties imagining what real red hair looks like.  It can be even harder to tell exactly where dark blond turns into light brown, or reddish brown becomes brownish red.
Roughly 80% of the worlds population has black hair; that's hard to remember for Europeans and North Americans.

The established creators all seem to be learning.  Both Rose and Peggy have moved away from the bright yellow blonds, and Flora's shades have reached a point where anyone should be able to find at least one shade they approve of in each bin.
Meshing has also been getting better, but Peggy really does not seem to care about gaps.  I don't believe Peggy actually plays the game, she probably just make sure she can get it to look good in the screenshots.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 29, 11:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easy solution being to just go with EAxis match, really. At least then the game has a consistent style to it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 29, 11:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis red hair is nothing like the red hair on people I know.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 29, 11:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto for the blonde.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 29, 12:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't even buy maxis red & blonde in bottles. I should know - I've tried.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 29, 14:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto for the blonde.
Not enough details in the textures, too, and anything with fringe looks positively spikey. There are very, very few Maxis hairs I use. A couple of the male ones (the combed 'do with spikes in the front and the one I call Caesar hair), and maybe one female one will sneak in periodically.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 29, 17:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still there's some difference between maxis blond, which is yellow on a cartoony texture, vs. some creators who do the same crappy colour on realistic or semi-realistic textures.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 29, 19:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally like the cartoony aspect of the Maxis colors. For the most part, I don't have a problem with the Maxis hairs, there's just too few of them. I need more variety than they offer. I can understand why some people prefer natural colors, but I get really grumpy when I find a hairstyle I like and the red isn't even close to Maxis match.

Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 30, 00:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! Coming back for a slice of humble pie, if you have any...

I don't understand Peggy! I've fixed several gappy hairs, some from Peggy, and it's usually just a matter of assigning a few vertices to 50% head, 50% neck and you're done, but this mesh makes me go WTFOMG?

It looks like there were some transparancy issues before I started to mess around with the mesh but it got a lot worse after my treatment. I got rid of the gaps, sure, but parts of the hair in the neck got transparent in the process... So, basically, I made it look worse than it did before.

Either the mesh was too fucked up to start with, or either I'm too much of a n000b for this complicated kind of mesh (yikes! 15 mesh groups! And over 10,000 polys. Per age!) but I don't think I can be of any help, after all. Which I regret, since I think it was a nice hair and I would have liked to have it (sans gaps) myself.

Sorry  Undecided

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 30, 03:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm going to regret this, but, why would you be trying to buy red or yellow hair dye that looks like a Maxis sim hair colour?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 30, 04:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, funny thing, one of my best friends had Orange hair while were were growing up. As she got older it darkened, but it was pretty much Maxis Orange while we were young.

I know I'm going to regret this, but, why would you be trying to buy red or yellow hair dye that looks like a Maxis sim hair colour?
Why do people have blue or green hair? Just because maybe? The orange I can see, and a friend of mine did so, but that is such a bad yellow. :/

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 30, 04:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the same reason I bought a blue dye - Uni Art Student with a bent for strange coloured hair.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 30, 04:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Well I'm certainly not condemning strange hair colours. I got mine died purple today, with blond and red stripes.  Grin
Plus they straightened it, I haven't had straight hair for thirty years, though it'll get curly again as soon as it gets wet. The stripes will remain, however.

I only have a crappy cellphone picture but here you are.

And before anyone makes a smart comment, yes, that is the back view.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 30, 04:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my days of hairdyeing are over (fuck you so much stupid allergies!) so now I have to resort to weaving odd things into my hair.

post a pic when it's dry, please? you never get the full impact of hair colouring while it's still wet.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: