More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 15:47:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Which hack let you select who was going on a community lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Which hack let you select who was going on a community lot?  (Read 5240 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Which hack let you select who was going on a community lot?
« on: 2007 March 19, 16:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was the phone hack... Now I've been without a computer for a very long time and am starting fresh. I didn't get to play much of OFB before the dark times of PClessness. I thought though that the hack worked with that, so two adults could go into the store and the teen stayed home to study. I have both the phone hack and the carpool hack. What's up? Is it a seasons thing that hasn't been addressed?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Which hack let you select who was going on a community lot?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 16:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably thinking of either TwoJeffs' visitor controller, or Pescado's customer selector. Either of these mods will allow you to control the types of visitors who appear on community lots, but in different ways.

Edit: Oops, I just realised that I misunderstood the question and gave a completely wrong answer. Oh well. Just ignore me.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 19, 16:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NL "group" function has largely supplanted that, and the taxi-hack style selector never worked properly for cars.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 19, 16:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is phonehack. You just have to Call Taxi and select multiple sims, and then the sims you want to go.

ETA  Cheesy this thread is hoppin'!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 19, 16:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

phonehack only works for taxis. For everything else, use the NL Groups feature.

notveryawesome, she's talking about sending playables to community lots, not restricting visitors.

EDIT: F, b. Multiple times.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 19, 17:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Don't everyone speak up at once.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 19, 17:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Don't everyone speak up at once.

You are welcome Smiley
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 19, 19:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the groups feature, I find it very non-useful because of the checks it does so that half the sims I invite don't show. I wanted to use groups for things like the bowling league, but just gave up and teleported them in and asked them one by one to join the group. Would you be willing to remove the checks and make group invites always accept, Pescado?

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 20, 11:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be handy. Actually it would be most handy to have two kinds - the original for outings where some people might not come and one where it doesn't matter if they like each other or not they show up for clubs and such.

Unsouper
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 20, 19:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The like-me don't-like-me thing doesn't irritate me as much as the check on whether sims are at work.  I mean, if I throw a party everyone shows up regardless to raid my fridge,  Angry but if I take the party out to a restaurant, suddenly half of them would rather go to the office?  WTF?
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 20, 20:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've asked this somewhere else already some weeks ago - never got a satisfying answer, but I think I could get one here perhaps... Wink

Is there any way to somehow have a pet join such a group?

The scenario I wish to be able to play is taking a sim and his dog to a community lot without having to take the whole family with him.
Up until now I can't seem to accomplish that (unless there's only one sim and his dog on the lot, of course).

Black holes suck!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 21, 10:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The like-me don't-like-me thing doesn't irritate me as much as the check on whether sims are at work.  I mean, if I throw a party everyone shows up regardless to raid my fridge,  Angry
Raiders of the Lost Fridge is a scenario that Awesomespec Housing is specifically required to defend against, as the Fridge Raiding behavior is not merely a nuisance which creates litter and expends resources, but is also harmful to the sims that autonomously do it, and therefore must be forbidden.

but if I take the party out to a restaurant, suddenly half of them would rather go to the office?  WTF?
Meh. I'll explore the groups function some more at some point, perhaps integrating it to the business controller so you can have group-related businesses. Maaaybe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: