More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 30, 07:53:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Absolutely won't work out? Lazy, lazy sims.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Absolutely won't work out? Lazy, lazy sims.  (Read 5831 times)
chintznibbles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Absolutely won't work out? Lazy, lazy sims.
« on: 2005 July 21, 03:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heya, JM. Nice new site, by the way... I expect the fee will be put to good use. Wink

I have a slight problem, though- two of my sims have seemingly lost the ability to work out.  I have zero idea what caused this, though admittedly I do have a ton of hacks (though nearly all of them are yours).  They get absolutely no pie menu when I click on any form of exercise equipment, and "work out" is absent from the TV and stereomenus.  I've tried forcing errors on them, deleting them and so forth, but they remain stubbornly lazy.  (which is odd, since one has 8 active and the other 10).

I have two other sims in the house who are fine with working out, and although they enjoy taunting the slowly-fattening non-excercisers, I think this would be better fixed.

I could probably dig up an error log or maybe a screenshot if you think that'd be helpful.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Absolutely won't work out? Lazy, lazy sims.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 21, 03:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me and I've seen other people mention it.  I don't recall anyone coming-up with an answer, but I think it had something to do with the Sims concerned being seen as visitors, not residents, because of course visitors can't use exercise equipment.  I had it happen to a Sim in a Greek house, who'd been there from the time Uni was installed (she was one of the original Maxis characters).  One minute she could use it, then she couldn't.  I had to cheat to get her the body point she needed because there was no way she could get it otherwise.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 21, 19:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the problem is that the sims are being seen as visitors, have you tried the Community Lot Skilling hack? It's comm-skilling.package:

Controlled sims, NPCs, and townies may gain skills while visiting community
lots, including non-college community lots. Notifications of skill-point gain
will only be displayed for controllable sims.

I think this is the package that allows visitors to gain skills in other people's homes as well. I know I frequently see a llama mascot guy sitting down with one of my controlled sims watching the Yummy Channel with a bar above his head!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 21, 21:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens to me all the time as well: exercise machines become useless for all Sims, or all Sims but one. None of the usual methods work.
Only the millitary course and punching bag still work for exercise.

Once the bug starts happening, I have not seen it fix itself until I moved the family to a new lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 21, 21:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can they "Be personal trainer"?  Since visitors can be asked to do this, maybe another sim with lower body skills might be able to ask them do this, and they will gain some fitness while training the other sim.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: