More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:58:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can salonfix be fixed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can salonfix be fixed?  (Read 2173 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Can salonfix be fixed?
« on: 2008 May 28, 11:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The salonfix fixes a very important function: being able to "offer makeover to ...". Now that I have been using it, I find one problem with it and suggest one extra feature:

The problem: The waiting customers, who have already filled up their buy bars and waiting on a chair/sofa nearby because another customer is being worked on in the makeup chair. Maxis original has a nice transition where the finished customer leaves and the waiting customer gets on the makeup chair. (Although sometimes the finished customer would stand in front of the makeup chair, checking self out in the mirror or chatting with someone else. I had to manually delete/move that customer. When that happens, the waiting customer would shuffle a little but eventually sit down to have a haircut.) With salonfix, it seems the waiting customer gets up too early. They would walk to the makeup chair, and before the chair is cleared, lose their hidden "already bought status", and wonder off, a lot of times going back to buy (filling the buy bar). So the problem seems to be the unstickyness of the already filled buy bar.

The frustrating lack of feature is that the money transaction is still one-sided. The price of a haircut is added to the owner's fund, but not deducted from the customer's fund. Can this be added to the salonfix? (The tip seems to work correctly.)

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can salonfix be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 30, 00:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will look into the matter and see what superfluous code elements can be stripped from it, since it was originally just made as a quick and dirty fix to overwrite all the new junk with OFBp2's codes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Can salonfix be fixed?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 30, 11:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I'll be happy to test.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: