More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 03:55:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A Visitor-Only Room?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Visitor-Only Room?  (Read 3521 times)
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
A Visitor-Only Room?
« on: 2006 August 01, 21:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible?  I have a home business Bed & Breakfast.  I would like the visitors (townie guinea pigs) to be able to use Lizz Love's beds without the couple who run the place (Freddy and Tammy) in those rooms.  I have tried, and so far have failed to keep only Freddy and Tammy out  (BTW, they have their own Lizz Love bed, so they are not deprived).  I tried the Tunaisafish doors on MTS2, BTW, but I really didn't want to hand out keys, as there are only 12 total per door.  There may have been another way, but it made my brain hurt, and then I took a nap. Wink  I also tried Authorized Personnel Only, but I still couldn't figure out how to keep Freddy and Tammy out while letting in other adults/elders.

Feel free to point and laugh, but any helpful suggestions would really be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 01, 22:10:09 by twooflower » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: A Visitor-Only Room?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 01, 22:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't send them in there? I don't know why you keep sending them there, then complaining they won't stay out. Who's idea was that, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 01, 22:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just don't send them in there? I don't know why you keep sending them there, then complaining they won't stay out. Who's idea was that, anyway?

I was testing to see if the door or security settings could prevent them from going into the guest rooms.  They still can go in on their own, which is what they really want to do anyway.  I was hoping to find a way to keep them out without having to constantly babysit them, turn off free will, turn down the "advertising" on Lizz Love's bed, or hand out "keys".

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 02, 04:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would set the advertising lower on the public bed than on the owners' bed, and make sure no-shoo is off. If the owners blunder in, the guests should shoo them out.   Grin

Of course, you could make the guests selectable and then lock the door.   Roll Eyes

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 02, 06:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's security system: Ban the people you don't want in the room.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 02, 09:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to do that, but is there an option to ban individuals?  I didn't see one.  I also didn't see an option to ban household members.  Not to say that it won't do those things, but I'm not very awesome at figuring it out. Tongue  That said, APO is much more user-friendly than the Tunaisafish doors.

I would set the advertising lower on the public bed than on the owners' bed, and make sure no-shoo is off. If the owners blunder in, the guests should shoo them out.   Grin

That may help.  Thanks!

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 02, 18:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't work with large groups (because of the eight-slot limit), but to ban a couple people from an area with the APO, you could:

1) ban all adults
2) make an exception for those you want to allow (the maid, the visitors, etc.)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 02, 20:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks ElfPuddle.  That's a good idea.  I probably won't get to test it for awhile, as my lot got bugged and quit loading - looks like I will either have to rebuild or try it on another lot.  Roll Eyes 

Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 03, 22:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This, presumably, referring to the one-room bunker from which the rest of the world is excluded?

I don't know why, but, whenever anyone mentions the Presidential Bunker, I get this weird brain linkage between JM and Wonko the Sane.....

ETA: John Watson aka Wonko the Sane as seen in So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

If you took a couple of David Bowies and stuck one of the David Bowies on the top of the other David Bowie, then attached another David Bowie to the end of each of the arms of the upper of the first two David Bowies and wrapped the whole business up in a dirty beach robe you would then have something which didn't exactly look like John Watson, but which those who knew him would find hauntingly familiar.
"Ah yes," he said, "that's to do with the day I finally realized that the world had gone totally mad and built the Asylum to put it in, poor thing, and hoped it would get better."

"It seemed to me," said Wonko the Sane, "that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilzation in which I could live and stay sane."

"I'm a scientist and I know what constitutes proof. But the reason I call myself by my childhood name is to remind myself that a scientist must also be absolutely like a child. If he sees a thing, he must say that he sees it, whether it was what he thought he was going to see or not. See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that. I'll show you something to demonstrate that later. So the other reason I call myself Wonko the Sane is so that people will think I am a fool. That allows me to say what I see when I see it. You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."

Not dead but gone by four.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: