More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 12:25:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Neighborhoods won't load after installing Ikea
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Neighborhoods won't load after installing Ikea  (Read 2301 times)
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
Neighborhoods won't load after installing Ikea
« on: 2008 July 14, 22:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some inexplicable (to me anyway) reason, my neighborhoods won't load.  The game loads beautifully, but when I try to enter any neighborhood, they go through the loading process and stall.  I deleted the neighborhood manager package, and still none will load, even in a vanilla game.  This is redunkulous!  Any ideas?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Neighborhoods won't load after installing Ikea
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 15, 10:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure that the neighborhoods won't load? How long have you been waiting? I'm asking because after installing IKEA, *my* hoods took so ridiculously long to load (~5 min, whereas usually, it's ~30 seconds) that I was sure that something had been broken. That happened only once though (but you have to wait for the first loading process to complete), now everything's back to normal.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
Re: Neighborhoods won't load after installing Ikea
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 15, 23:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh that could be it!  The initial startup of the game takes only about 3 minutes so when I start to load a neighborhood and it takes in excess of 20 minutes, I assumed it was freezing.  Roll Eyes   I think that's an incredibly long time.  I did manage to get Strangetown and Pleasantview to load, so you are probably right.  Wink

Thanks for the heads up!

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: