More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 09:16:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets Fight Club?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets Fight Club?  (Read 4393 times)
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
Pets Fight Club?
« on: 2006 December 11, 08:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello guys!  I notice there's a newer shinier version of The Fight Club for the Pets Expansion, but the RTFM doesn't mention anything about the actual pets fighting.  It only seems to address werewolves and regular Sims.

So is there a Pet Fight Club in the making?  Or is there one that I've simply missed?

Please let me know!  Thanks.

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

*10% goes to charitable causes! - 90% goes to me!*
.......Which come to think of it is kinda the same thing. :-/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Pets Fight Club?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 11, 09:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, pets don't have anything that allows them to gain aptitudes towards fighting, whereas sims gain body skills. Pets don't have skills, so they have no real way to improve their ability to fight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 11, 10:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybee a skill like "playfull" or "eats pet food" could be added for fighting?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 11, 15:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pet fighting should be an optional thing -- with a name like "fightclub," you'll have the ASPCA breathing down your neck!
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 11, 17:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! oh lord I didn't even think about that.  I can hear them now: "OMG Sims Hax0rz Allow Dog Fights!!one!"

I was interested more in increasing the fairness / realism of the fights, rather than hosting actual dog fights.  Although I suppose that could be theoretically possible...

But no, the current "fight winner" system just seems unfair.  Something about an itty-bitty poodle taking down a German Shepherd just doesn't sit well with me, you know?  ;-)

Feed a hungry coyote (me!) - Buy some gourmet gifts and tea! http://coyoteas.com

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 12, 09:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But no, the current "fight winner" system just seems unfair.  Something about an itty-bitty poodle taking down a German Shepherd just doesn't sit well with me, you know?  ;-)
You obviously have not seen a small dog in action. Those things are crazy. The result is a lot like watching Yoda fight, and I find this utterly plausible. Large dogs don't have much fight in them, it's just not a trait that makes one a good pet. If a big dog bites your leg off, it gets put down for being a danger to others. When a yappy terrier bites you in the ankle, this is just funny. So nobody attempts to stop those little dogs from trying.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aimlesscoyote
Asinine Airhead

Aimless and proud of it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 12, 13:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, very true about the small dogs = funny.  I never quite understood the humor of being snapped at by a Schnauzer or lunged at by a Lhasa Apso.  But then again, I'm one of those people who go, "what's that? a mop without a handle?  I thought you said you had a DOG."  So perhaps I'm just a tad prejudiced ;-)

It's a pity pets don't have more attributes.  At least "body" and "logic."  Maybe not "mechanical."  (Fifi! Fix my busted carburator!)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: