More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 09:21:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons  (Read 13465 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: I have a quiet, happy baby in Seasons
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 27, 23:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll confirm the hygiene for toddlers too, mine are requiring a bath almost every day.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 28, 01:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly haven't noticed this to be a problem. With the new Seasons-related bonii, it's entirely possible to max out all 3 available skills as a toddler.

I can't make that happen.  Now I try to coincide fall with their childhoods.  Children are useless- they're not cute and they can't use the energizer/babysit/work on sim owned lots.  The only thing they have going for them is that they can put themselves to bed and (with leftovers) feed themselves.  With the hygiene issues and them skilling almost continuously the rest of the time, I can only get my toddlers up to 8 in charisma.  With Seasons I've timed it right twice where the kids age up on the first day of fall and end up with at least 8 in all the skills and have become lords of the dance days before they're teens, which frees them up for friend making. 

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 28, 02:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put snapdragons in nurseries, so that the hygiene issue is a non-issue.  It also helps with the babies crying more often that Seasons introduced.  I also use Atavera's baby blanket, so that the toddlers will put themselves to bed.  The only drawback to the baby blanket is that it's lower energy than the crib, so they need to sleep longer (and miss some skilling time).

It sounds like you don't use smartmilk for your toddlers if you can only get 8 charisma for them before they grow up.  Even before the Seasons fall-bonus, my toddlers had 8 charisma, at least 6 logic, were potty trained, talking, and walking before I grew them up at the one day to go mark.  This was toddlers who had only had one dose of smartmilk.  If I supernuke them I get better results.  Keeping them as toddlers for that last 24 hours would also give me better results, but I grow them up early to reduce the time that nannies are needed.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 28, 10:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't make that happen.  Now I try to coincide fall with their childhoods.
Fall is good, but really, more important is coinciding the WEEKEND with their childhoods. See, if a child has to go to school on the same day he ages up, he will get shitty performance and you will be shafted out of your grade boost. There are only two ways to avoid this: Grow up early, before 1800, and lose a day immediately (but erasing the performance minus), or grow up on a weekend, and lose the performance penalty at 1800 the next day (without going to school because it is a weekend). By default, you will also need that extra day to do the headmaster thing (although the Phone Hack lets you call the Headmaster in advance, if your toddler would age to child at 1800 that day, during the scenario).

Children are useless- they're not cute and they can't use the energizer/babysit/work on sim owned lots.
Seasons lets you use them as slave labor to garden, as they can perform all of the Seasons gardening tasks. They (like teens and YAs) are also immune to becoming plants, so are one of the few sims that can spray plants. Adults and Elders cannot spray plants without becoming plantsims. They can now also gain badges and macrocaffeinate (albeit badly) with the hot chocolate machine (however, they can't make it, they can only drink it if someone else starts it).

The only thing they have going for them is that they can put themselves to bed and (with leftovers) feed themselves.  With the hygiene issues and them skilling almost continuously the rest of the time, I can only get my toddlers up to 8 in charisma.  With Seasons I've timed it right twice where the kids age up on the first day of fall and end up with at least 8 in all the skills and have become lords of the dance days before they're teens, which frees them up for friend making.
Batelles suck. I can do that within 24 hours of age-up, maxing out just about everything while the age meter still says 8 days left (C-8). Did I mention that you can use them for slave labor? Slaves. You can never have too many slaves.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 28, 12:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is why your web site is called "More Awesome Than You"  Cheesy  I haven't attempted to garden yet, so I didn't realize that children were good for that. 

Fall is good, but really, more important is coinciding the WEEKEND with their childhoods. See, if a child has to go to school on the same day he ages up, he will get shitty performance and you will be shafted out of your grade boost. There are only two ways to avoid this: Grow up early, before 1800, and lose a day immediately (but erasing the performance minus), or grow up on a weekend, and lose the performance penalty at 1800 the next day (without going to school because it is a weekend). By default, you will also need that extra day to do the headmaster thing (although the Phone Hack lets you call the Headmaster in advance, if your toddler would age to child at 1800 that day, during the scenario).

I know that's more efficient, but I always forget about it when I play (or I get someone who is five days from elderhood get abductedand come back with an unplanned pregnancy).  Ultimately, I'm really not concerned with grades because I know that as long as they go to school and do their homework they'll get up to an A+.  Since Uni, my sole intent with children has been to get them in position to earn as many scholarships as possible.  Before that they were little friend making machines. 

I'm sure you would find my playing style infuriatingly lax.  Of course,  since Seasons has brought about a (seemingly) higher level of queue dropping madness anyway, in addition to some needs dropping faster than they did before, I've been turning free will off and using macrotastics a lot more than usual. 
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 28, 14:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just now RTFM and realised this is not at all the case. By now I have put back in squinge´s breastfeeding hack, which would stop this behaviour if it is caused by low social, as breastfeeding increases social. Maybe bathing does, too? At least it does so for toddlers. I hardly ever bath my babies.

I never pulled the breastfeeding hack from my game but still found that my babies were extremely fussy (mimicing real life  Tongue).  By playing with the babies before they ate and also laying them on the floor after eating, they have done much better. I'll have to try bathing, I guess. 
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 28, 15:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a fussy kid yet... though I'm waiting. I know it's just around the corner with 3 currently on the way and full houses already.

My routine so far: Play, feed, cuddle, bathe, set on the floor for a bit and attempt to have the caregiver pee/eat, change diaper, put in the crib and take care of the parent. Doing this twice a day has so far kept 'em quiet and happy.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 28, 15:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was toddlers who had only had one dose of smartmilk.  If I supernuke them I get better results.

I've found that popping bottles of smartmilk in the toddler's inventory is quite handy; no need to redirect an adult, teen, or Servo from whatever they're doing to feed the kid.

Kids are good garden workers but Servos are the best of all.  They're impervious to cold, heat and don't tire easily.....and can be powered down whey they get irritating.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: