More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 07:26:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Crap....I just made a huge mistake
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crap....I just made a huge mistake  (Read 8706 times)
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
Crap....I just made a huge mistake
« on: 2005 July 19, 14:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,
I just made THE BIG mistake....I accidentally moved a lot with a family into my house bin...(I was meaning to move the empty lot next to it, and stupidly pressed okay to move the occupied house)
I don't know much about what happens when you do this...In fact, I only know that it screws things up royally..
My question...
Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this other than re-installing my game?
Is there a thread anywhere that has step by step instructions?
Am I over-reacting?  Shocked

I'd love any help....My lips are totally gone...I know this...I accept this. I'm an A$$

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Crap....I just made a huge mistake
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 14:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far as I know, it's only bad if you place the house in the bin into another neighborhood.  I don't think you screwed anything up, but we can make fun if you anyway if you want!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 15:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!!
Okay...I hope you're right...The thing that made me think I screwed up was that I lost all relationships, which meant to me that I left some nasty empty data thingies (see how technically inclined i am?)
I could be wrong...I hope I'm wrong...I can't pronounce my p's with no lips...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 20:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put the lot BACK into the neighborhood? If you didn't put it back, the damage is minimized, but if you did, you hosed your neighborhood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 21, 19:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't really go here, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this question: If I use the deleteAllCharacters cheat to clear out my neighborhoods...are all those files really deleted off my computer, or do they remain in the folder somewhere, and come back to haunt me later?

I've only done this a couple of times, but ever since I found out that Sims deleted from the Sim Bin aren't truly deleted, I don't want to take any chances. Thanks for the response.

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 21, 19:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno. Try it and lemme know how it goes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 21, 20:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't really go here, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this question: If I use the deleteAllCharacters cheat to clear out my neighborhoods...are all those files really deleted off my computer, or do they remain in the folder somewhere, and come back to haunt me later?

I've only done this a couple of times, but ever since I found out that Sims deleted from the Sim Bin aren't truly deleted, I don't want to take any chances. Thanks for the response.

I have a neighborhood that I turned into my home village. I used the deleteAll cheat on it because I needed my own inhabitants,because naturally, we don't have any Goopy's or Ivy's or somesuch. We have one village-member who runs around in skirts, but it's not a kilt, he just likes to dress in women's clothes. We are all quite fond of him, he is a very nice man; I just wish he'd dress his age. Smiley

Although I have a few problems (jagged death memory), it does not seem to be related with the cheat. Otherwise I have no problems as of yet, and I have been playing it for quite some time.

SimPe does not seem to have any files of the deleted characters in it either, but I would not take my word for it, I'm somewhat below beginner when it comes to software. Long strings of numbers frighten me Smiley

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Jarsie
Pinheaded Pissant

Chihuahuas rule and other dogs drool!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 21, 21:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Al right...so much for being cautious! LOL I might just try that sometime. Maybe in Strangetown.

MATY Buddies: Everyone on Ms. Perception's buddy list, plus the *other* Ferrets and Kookiedoe. And now Ausimpv just because it will piss a certain stupidone off, and because she asked me nicely. Oh, and Theisz, just cause I felt like adding her to my MATY buddies list.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 21, 21:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think in a new neighbourhood you'd be fine, as there's be no sim with any memories of the deleted ones.

If you check your neighbourhood character folder before you start to play, and there are no files there, I should think it might be safe to assume they have gone!  If the files are there, just get rid of them all before you start - but be careful not to remove any essential ones.  But unless you put in a hack to stop it, they'll just respawn with different names and personalities.  I just turned all mine into babies except for maids etc., but since I'd been playing the hood for a while, my sims all had memories of some of them, so I'm having to go through all the files and clear those memories, but at least they don't respawn as they are actually still considered by the game to be there!

Zephyr Zodiac
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 22, 02:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done this alot and it does nuke everyone in neighborhood.  If you use Danny's NPC it will nuke them too even if you play them in another neighborhood.  You can double check your characters folder and make sure everyone is gone.  If you play Uni, set up your town and Uni first then deleteAll...  The game will lag as it generates NPC's as you need them.  I use no towne/dormie hacks so not sure how they would respawn normally.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: