More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 14:28:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Well-dressed sims for Mac
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well-dressed sims for Mac  (Read 6828 times)
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Well-dressed sims for Mac
« on: 2005 August 24, 16:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After about a year slaving over a hot Bodyshop, my sims are able to boast a most excellent wardrobe. I'm getting an iBook for uni (*joyful dancing frenzy*), and would love my new Mac sims can be as beautifully dressed as my current PC ones. Obviously I'll have to leave the clothes based on uni-additions behind, but will I be able to transportalise the bulk of my Projects folder to my new iBook - will the PC clothing files be compatible with Mac ones?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Well-dressed sims for Mac
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 26, 10:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simfreaks Forum has a section devoted to Mac Users. 

http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?s=4e85343c5350f438fc05fdb2faf55dd2&showforum=10

Zephyr Zodiac
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 27, 18:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That site doesn't really answer my question, but that's okay. I get the impression that PC-made downloads work fine on Mac versions of TS2, so I imagine the clothes, and possibly even Sims, I transfer to my Mac will work fine. I'll experiment myself.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 27, 18:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always best in the long run, I think.  What works on one computer, whether it's a Mac or a PC, doesn't always work on another.  So much depends on what other downloads you have, your computer specifications etc.  However, if you have any really difficult questions, Peter is the guy to ask if it's specific to Macs.

Zephyr Zodiac
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 29, 03:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Zooty,
The answer is yes...clothing will work.  I own a mac as well, and almost everything works the same as pc.  I have had no problems with any  downloads so far.  All objects, clothing, meshes (etc) have worked for me. Even some hacks have worked, though I don't use many on my mac version of the game.  I can't say that all hacked objects or hacks will work since I haven't tested many, but everything else should.  You just need to make sure (obviously) that the files are for sims 2 Original and not University.
Let me know if you have any other questions about the mac stuff.  I'm happy to help.
-RabidAngel
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 29, 16:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, RabidAngel  Smiley

Do you know if the game will just ignore the uni files it doesn't understand, or will they cause problems? Can I just plump the whole EA Games folder - Sims, clothes, neighbourhoods, the lot - onto the Mac, and just jettison the bits that depend on uni (though I'll still have them on my iBook - they'd just be harmlessly ignored)?

And do PC-to-Mac-transferred Sims, neighbourhoods and lots work, as well as clothes?

I've asked the people on the site that ZephyrZodiac kindly linked me to, and they indicated that Sims etc would work fine, and that the game would ignore the uni-files it didn't understand, but it'd be great if you could tell me from experience.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 29, 18:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure they're ignored, as they are for PC.  Not so sure though about objects, recolours would be ignored, I think, but new meshes based on a Uni object might cause something nasty, I just don't know.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 29, 20:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't got any non-originally-shipped objects apart from Pescado's hacks, which will be fine, apparently. So that's all dandy. It was the files for the uni-mini-neighbourhood that I was vaguely, ignorantly, worried about. But if you think they'll be okay then I'm lazy enough to take your word for it  Smiley

Incidentally, these are possibly the cutest emoticons I've even encountered. Most are ugly or moronic (more moronic than the necessary basic degree of moronary that is included, by definition, in an emoticon). But even the usually-hideous Grin (Grin) has a sort of serene quality around the corners of its mouth that make it bearable, and the rest are just adorable.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 29, 21:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have some good ones at simFreaks!

I think since the new clothes are mainly for YAs, since there are no YAs (Young Adults) there shouldn't be a problem, but if there is, you can always go back and remove those files, they usually have YA somewhere in the file-name, don't they?  At least, most of the ones I've downloaded have.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 29, 21:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I make all my own clothes Cool

But yes, after a while I realised that it was getting confusing having the clothes named after a lyric from the song I was listening to at the time, and started sensibly calling them by an acronym of the age they were made for followed by a brief description of the item. So, yeah, it'll be easy to delete them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 29, 21:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, but I hope you don't need to, after all, you'll only have to put them back when Uni comes out for Macs!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 29, 22:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but that won't be to onerous, as they'll all be on my PC at home anyway.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 29, 22:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well in that case, I just hope your Mac game is less dodgy than the PC one - and have fun!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zootyzoot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 29, 23:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your help  Smiley

My Mac, by the way, if anyone's interested (but, yaknow, I'm going to show it you you even if you're not) is a superbly shiney 14-inch iBook which is frankly enough to give anyone a spontaneous orgasm (who needs enough of their student loan left to be able to buy food when they've got one of those?), and arriving mid-to-late-this week, yeeeeeee!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 30, 03:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I felt a bit like that when I got my sony Vaio!

My niece is forever telling me to get a Mac - how she thinks I can afford one on a pension, I don't know!  Especially when my friend's partner is in the PC building business and upgrades mine for the cost price of the parts!  And although the Vaio is ok, it won't work with downloads in the game, and if a neighbourhood gets crowded, it starts to slow down, I can't get the Special Event Camera which is a shame, so I don't often use it now!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: