More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 16:16:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Find own place" broken - again!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Find own place" broken - again!  (Read 7422 times)
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
"Find own place" broken - again!
« on: 2005 August 03, 03:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so it was working, now its not.

When I get a sim to "find own place", I get the dialogue box for who he's taking with him, the taxi comes, but then it zooms off without him.

Last time it was broken, I wouldn't even get that far - they'd just read the paper/surf the computer and then nothing would happen.

The fix last time was to take out twojeff's move out hacks for Uni. That made it work again.

I have the latest update of the lot debugger, but I don't see an option on it to  "detonate move-out controller" or "move damn sims out" or whatever.

Could it be because I may have (can't remember) moved the sim in using Inge's teleporter plus?

I think I read someone having a similar problem recently, but damned if I can find the post.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: "Find own place" broken - again!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 03, 05:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Inge's teleporter almost from it's first day - and it works fine, without causing any problems. It's my favorite painting, can't live without it...Smiley.

I think it clashes with some other hack - can't tell you which one, only El Presidente can...Smiley.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 03, 15:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks gali, I was hoping to hear that. Smiley

I've been messing with it this morning. I took out all my hacks and ran the game.

Move out still broken! And after I told him to move out and he didn't, all the other sims on the lot froze, the move-out guy's plumbob was blinking on and off, and the save/exit controls were disabled. Since I took all the hacks out I had to alt-tab and ctrl-alt-delete my way out.

This lot has almost nothing on it but some sims - it's a "holding area" for some Uni graduates with nothing but a phone on the lot, so people can still call them while I figure out where I want them to live.

Sounds like a similar problem mentioned by Brynne, here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=241.0

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 03, 17:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried moving the whole lot of them back into the Students Bin and moving them into houses or dorms from there?  Then you could simply delete what appears to be a buggy lot, and start afresh.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 03, 18:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On some lots "find own place" seems to work. On others, the sim will go to the computer, go through the motions, then switch to ssx3. No "sims moving out" box or anything.

I also have a "holding lot". I moved a sim to an empty lot and gave her a desk, computer, chair, and phone. I then teleported her husband in with the teleporter shrub and moved him in (I was unable to get him to "move out" from his previous lot) . I moved the wife out again (never mind my reasoning for that  Roll Eyes) and exited the game. I looked in Simpe and discovered she now has no character data. Don't know what's up with that. And, by the way, what does "no character data" actually mean? I can see all her relationships and personality traits, skills, etc in Simpe. What am I missing?

I had never seen the blinking plumbob/frozen sims thing until the "nuke kickybag" problem. And like I said in that other thread, linked above, I had to delete and teleport each sim back in to get them working again. I couldn't just reset the blinking-plumbob sims, because they'd come back still frozen and blinking. It wasn't until I deleted/teleported every sim that they worked again.

I guess I must also have some conflicting hacks. I'll have to go through them again and look, although I'm pretty careful about what I download. Or, my neighborhood is a ticking time-bomb and I'll have to go back to recreating a new one.  Don't wanna work! Wanna play!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 03, 18:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Move out still broken! And after I told him to move out and he didn't, all the other sims on the lot froze, the move-out guy's plumbob was blinking on and off, and the save/exit controls were disabled. Since I took all the hacks out I had to alt-tab and ctrl-alt-delete my way out."

Take all your hacks  out, but  JM "carpoolfix" - and try again.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 03, 19:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't tried moving them out & to a different - lot - I'll try that - and if it still doesn't work, I'll try your suggestion, gali.

It does seem to be working on other lots - so buggy lot is sounding like the problem. Sheesh! I've got like , 6 objects on the lot, no building, no one has a job, and never evern really "played" it - just long enough to put all the sims on there and make them change into better clothes. How could it get buggy? Stupid sims!

Thanks for the help, let's see how this goes!

Edit: The move out & into a new lot did the trick. Thanks again!  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 August 03, 20:18:51 by schmoopee » Logged

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 03, 21:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one of the actions did the trick of moving out working? We all want to know...Smiley
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 03, 21:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move out, and then into a new lot, I said that in my edit above but I guess I didn't explain well. I moved them out from the neighborhood screen, and put them all on a new lot, then they were able to move out one by one using the paper.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 03, 22:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad it worked!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: