More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:29:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ????? No time 'unfreezing' in OFB ?????
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ????? No time 'unfreezing' in OFB ?????  (Read 11671 times)
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
Re: ????? No time 'unfreezing' in OFB ?????
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 26, 09:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expect it should start badgering you to go home to the kids after 5-8 hours, altough not actually force the issue. Also Nannies should stay indefinitely in case you do want the parents to have a long holiday from the kids. Also if the only adult at home dies while all other adults are out, a Nanny should turn up instead of the social worker.
Jspruced
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 26, 10:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I would like time to become more realisitc for my sims first, and then get the option to have "unfreezed" time when going to community lots. I usually don't go to community lots just because when they get home, most of their needs have depleted, at whatever time. I hate to have them "readjust" again. Also, yeah I agree that it's going to be nice to be able to play the teens at home while their parents are out grocery shopping or whatever.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 26, 18:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want that damn clock slowed down!! thats what I would love the most!

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85710

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 27, 01:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the link but from reading the comments Merola's Time Control Clock seems to be abit buggy with NL, concerning slowing down time and needs decay, so I'll skip trying it. I did grab Carrigons slow motive decay hack to try though  Grin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 27, 01:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried Merola's clock before NL came out, and the problem I had was with the carpool leaving early.  I tried to slow time by 50%, and somehow this resulted in the carpool leaving after 30 mins Sim time because of some kind of internal clock "ticks" that the game uses instead of going by the clock we see on the screen.  So I quit using it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 27, 02:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that clock is that the game is hardwired on many levels for a 30 "tick" to a minute clock speed. For instance, many items that wait for "an hour" to occur, wait 1800 game ticks, which is a game "hour". Forcibly fiddling with the global timing indicators simply results in weird, aberrant behavior, since those globals are indicators, not "truth". Setting the global hour attribute back an hour is no different than setting your clock back an hour. You haven't really changed what time it is, and you're STILL late for work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 27, 16:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time, the Grim Reaper, and Mailboxes. The Holy Trinity of Stuff It's Bad to Mess With. Don't do it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: