More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 14:53:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Logan's Run, Sims style
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Logan's Run, Sims style  (Read 13715 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Logan's Run, Sims style
« on: 2006 January 20, 02:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So my neighborhood is getting kind of crowded, and I decided that some culling was in order.  That led me to come up with my Logan's Run idea.  Logan's Run was a movie (based on a book) where no one was allowed to live past 30 (in sim terms, that means 10 days as an adult).  However, to do this, I'm going to need some help finding some things, and I was hoping people here could help.

First, I need colored outfits - the outfits show the age of the characters (outfits should be all one color).  This shouldn't be too hard to find, so I'm just looking for sites that people go to for good quality clothing.  The ages and the corresponding color choices are as follows:
Children - White Clothes
Teens (first half of teen years) - Yellow Clothes.
Second half of teen years, and Adult up to 3 days old - Green Clothes
Last half of adulthood, 3 days to 10 days - Red Clothes
Sandman - Uniform: Black w/ Gray Stripe

Sandmen are the police force of Logan's Run, and they hunt down anyone over the age of 30 who decides not to report to Carousel (the place where the ritual executions take place).  If there are any mods that have guns, or allow one sim to kill another, I'd really like to find them.

I'm really thinking this will be fun - like I said, I just need help finding the stuff I'm looking for.  I guess I'll have to use the thingie that allows teens to get pregnant too.  Thanks for any help Smiley
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Logan's Run, Sims style
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 20, 03:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that movie!

I haven't tried any of these out put the only working guns I've heard of are here:
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/forumdisplay.php?f=138
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 20, 03:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are WIERD!!  Why don't you throw a party, invite the condemned sim and put them in a dark room with no electricity..or doors or windows.....Or better yet, put them in a pool, delete the ladder and then it can spend the rest of it's ghostly life puddling all over your lot and destroying everything in its path.

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 20, 03:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the women dressed in a toga kinda of thing didn't they?
http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=80503&highlight=toga
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 20, 03:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a similar vein, I was always pondering the creation of a Soylent machine, myself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 20, 04:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In a similar vein, I was always pondering the creation of a Soylent machine, myself.

Now that would be a brilliant way to get rid of fugly townies and the like  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 20, 05:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are WIERD!!  Why don't you throw a party, invite the condemned sim and put them in a dark room with no electricity..or doors or windows.....Or better yet, put them in a pool, delete the ladder and then it can spend the rest of it's ghostly life puddling all over your lot and destroying everything in its path.

Faster to cremate them by putting them in a sealed room and placing some "buyable fire" in there or one of those flame pots from NL.
Ever tried drowning a sim? It takes forever. Tongue

One could also "Influence to Take Cake" from a cow plant and reap the benefits.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 20, 06:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am working on them.
Do you think toddlers had white clothes?
« Last Edit: 2006 January 20, 07:15:12 by Simsbaby » Logged

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 20, 07:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen Logan's Run, I will try making the clothes tho.

P.S. Were the clothes plain or were they more normal with designs.

Try Google Image Search: http://images.google.ca/images?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2005-09,GGGL:en&q=logan's+run Wink

Instant gratification takes too long.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 20, 07:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to take this opportunity to object to your sig. Not all of us who haven't gone crazy have horrible lives. "Going" crazy implies a transition from a state of being non-crazy to a state of being crazy. Some of us, however, were born crazy. I, for instance, am constantly reminded that I am crazy, but I have never actually gone crazy: I was born this way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 20, 07:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...because that would be mean.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 20, 07:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am working on them.
Do you think toddlers had white clothes?

I would guess so.  The kids did, after all, so white for toddlers would make sense.  Now if only I could get the sims to chant "Renew!  Renew!"
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 20, 07:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the Sandman / Sandwoman (did they have them?) clothes.
Also, they can wear the outfits as anything.
If you don't like them tell me what I can do.
Edit, Removed pictures look down.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 20, 12:54:51 by Simsbaby » Logged

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 20, 12:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's freakin awesome.  Thanks!
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 20, 13:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's complete! All the colors are there. Do you think some of them are too bright, too dark, please tell.
Download here. http://www.filegone.com/91eu
p.s. uaintjak please delete the other ones, they have been renamed.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 20, 13:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soylent Green.  Yummy!

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Grater
Blathering Buffoon

It burns!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 20, 14:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I like this idea, altough I don't have a crowded hood.

I've taken to using the Lie Detector as a pseudo electric-chair, altough to do the actual killing I boot them through a APO door set to deathfield.

Roll Eyes

He was a welcomewagonizer and I needed zombies  Grin.

I need to invent more sim-crimes. Stealing gnomes is already punished by death. Something has to be done about kickybagging. I could probably classify Hanging Out as loitering, and I'm certain there is no wholesome reason to swing on a fridge door. Ah, phonestalking, that must be punished, in fact I think I'll make a suicide-hotline, when a townie wants to die, they call it!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 20, 14:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, phonestalking, that must be punished, in fact I think I'll make a suicide-hotline, when a townie wants to die, they call it!

Futurama fans, anyone?

Someone needs to make a suicide booth! It would be great if it were autonomous for non playables (NPCs, townies, etc.) Lol. Cheesy

Sims would form a queue, and like a Roach Motel, they step in, but they don't step out. Wink

Ste

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 20, 17:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that the cow plant?
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 20, 21:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Soylent Green...is...PEOPLE!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.  I always loved that line!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 21, 00:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I know for one Sim to kill another is the hitmen on valdea.com.  Your Sim pays for a hitman and they kill whoever they want disposed of.  Costs a motherlode a time, though.

Oh, and if they are supposed to die at 30, they should never make it beyond the first day of adulthood because they've done 30 years then in terms of gameplay at that point.  Somehow they lose 4 days and become 26, but in theory they're 30 as soon as they transition to adult. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 21, 17:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's only true if one insists that one sim day always equals one year, which it doesn't. Play time for teens is vastly inflated, probably due to Maxis thinking their target market is teens and that is the agegroup that the target market would want to spend the most time on.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 24, 18:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Echo's new Farming Set has an electrified fence. Heh heh...

http://www.eternal-echo.net/sims/

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 27, 17:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's only true if one insists that one sim day always equals one year, which it doesn't. Play time for teens is vastly inflated, probably due to Maxis thinking their target market is teens and that is the agegroup that the target market would want to spend the most time on.

Which is ridiculous, at least to me. I'm a teen, and the "teen" group seems to me to be basically an absurd parody of the pre-teen years, middle school and so on, a period of time that I would really rather not revisit. There's no "actualy" teen stage, possibly because teenager hood is primarily a social construct of our society, justified by (socially exagerated and twisted) differences between adolescents and adults.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 27, 22:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is ridiculous, at least to me. I'm a teen, and the "teen" group seems to me to be basically an absurd parody of the pre-teen years, middle school and so on, a period of time that I would really rather not revisit. There's no "actualy" teen stage, possibly because teenager hood is primarily a social construct of our society, justified by (socially exagerated and twisted) differences between adolescents and adults.

It's pretty dumb to me, too. I wouldn't go back to being a teenager for anything, and I don't enjoy having it dragged out in a game. Even with hacks to make it more realistic and interesting it's a far cry from wonderful, and I ship those little bastards off to college after a week or so when I'm playing with aging on.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: