More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 18:39:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Adoptions Gone Wacko
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adoptions Gone Wacko  (Read 3670 times)
MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Adoptions Gone Wacko
« on: 2007 March 21, 15:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get my family to adopt a freakin' kid.  They have plenty of room, plenty of money (over 17k) and the want to own every stray kid in the hood.

But when he goes to the phone to call the adoption agency, he'll dial, talk for a minute, then jump back from the phone.  Pets glitch (Seasons not installed on that system)? Hack interferance?  Or just a dumb sim?  Huh

~*~ Beans ~*~
Please don't annoy the writer. She may put you in a story and kill you off.
Magic Beans Sims
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Adoptions Gone Wacko
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 21, 15:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning on testing cheats and see if you get an error log. If you do, post it as an attachment and "the powers that be" can probably figure it out for you.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 23, 20:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would hazard a guess as to it being an off world loiterer being stuck or something blocking the portal.  Try JM's lot debugger.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 23, 21:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can successfully adopt in another sim family, you can probably rule out the hack conflict. Just try and exit without saving if you don't want a kid Cheesy
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 23, 22:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a similar problem when I was trying to call the gardener one day. I had emptied my neighborhood before starting, so there weren't any gardener NPCs around. When I called the service a new gardener SHOULD have been created, but it wasn't. Instead, my sim jumped off the phone and still no gardener. Huh

It worked for me when I spawned a new gardener myself (via the NPC & townie maker tree) and called the service after that. Maybe you could try that with your social worker?
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 24, 02:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on the EA website that the pets patch (new one) properly regenerates the dead NPC's. Maybe if you're pre-patch the game is not able to generate a social worker somehow, even if she's not dead.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 24, 02:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the Pets NPC fix? The game errors when trying to spawn a new NPC if you lack them without this fix.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: