Service NPC Generator Fix for Pets p0 *CRITICAL*

(1/5) > >>

J. M. Pescado:
Sometimes I wonder whether this expansion is supposed to be about PETS, or whether they meant PESTS, because there's more bugs than an Ethiopian outhouse!

petsp0-servicecallfix.zip

Service Call Fix for TS2PETSp0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Fixes error when game tries to generate a service NPC called from the old
pre-Pets service-calls that were passing Stack Object instead of species.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2PETSp0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

TheCheat:
Another bug stomped...but the number of bugs this game really has isn't a machine-size real number!

Speaking of bugs, I find it funny that Maxis can't even spell "Glamour" correctly. When you use "boolprop showcatalogepflags true," GLS items show as "The Sims 2 Gamour Life." Does Maxis even have a Quality Assurance department?

jrd:
Maxis did, EA doesn't :D

J. M. Pescado:
Quote from: TheCheat on 2006 October 26, 12:58:45

Speaking of bugs, I find it funny that Maxis can't even spell "Glamour" correctly. When you use "boolprop showcatalogepflags true," GLS items show as "The Sims 2 Gamour Life." Does Maxis even have a Quality Assurance department?
To be fair, you're never supposed to actually see that and probably neither does QA. The more fascinating typos can be found inside the code, like the call to a LUA script for a "Randon" something-or-other. I am not certain whether the script name is actually typoed as well, resulting in a situation where two wrongs somehow make a right, or whether it's actually broken.

V:
Would this be fixing the problem I had when my Sim tried to interact with the animal control guy and he ended up stuck on her lawn in the "I'm driving away" position until I finally had to reload that lot without saving?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page