More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 00:34:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Official patch not working?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Official patch not working?  (Read 11952 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Official patch not working?
« Reply #25 on: 2008 May 29, 19:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't ever patch a game or install a new EP with a no-cd crack still in. That's why your installation of Uni borked.

Is it OK to install a stuffpack with the no-CD crack of an EP installed? I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing and re-changing the .exe file just for a stuffit pack, but I will if I have to.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 May 29, 19:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't ever patch a game or install a new EP with a no-cd crack still in. That's why your installation of Uni borked.

Is it OK to install a stuffpack with the no-CD crack of an EP installed? I really don't want to go through the hassle of changing and re-changing the .exe file just for a stuffit pack, but I will if I have to.

So, leave your original Sims2EP7.exe the way it is (don't change filename).  Patches and updates simply insist that the original start file is called "Sims2EP7.exe".

Install your no-cd crack as "Sims2EP7crack.exe".  Then point your shortcut to that file.  That way you never have to bother changing when you update.  What's in a name?  That which we call a no-cdcrack.exe will start the game as well if it were called anything else.  It would start the game if you called it "ronnie.exe".

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 May 29, 21:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's it. From now on, I'm calling mine ronnie.exe.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 May 29, 21:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, leave your original Sims2EP7.exe the way it is (don't change filename).  Patches and updates simply insist that the original start file is called "Sims2EP7.exe".

Install your no-cd crack as "Sims2EP7crack.exe".  Then point your shortcut to that file.  That way you never have to bother changing when you update.  What's in a name?  That which we call a no-cdcrack.exe will start the game as well if it were called anything else.  It would start the game if you called it "ronnie.exe".

I know how to install a no-CD crack. I have one installed at this very moment. My question was, do I have to disable the no-CD crack in order to install a stuffpack (I think my phrasing was perhaps a bit odd)? When installing a new EP or a patch, one is required to disable/remove the no-CD crack and then install a new one that matches the current configuration. I know that I won't have to install a new no-CD crack after installing a stuffpack, because I'm not doing anything to BV, but will I have to disable my no-CD crack before installing the new stuffpack, and then re-enable it afterward? I wouldn't think so, but I just want to make sure.

Edit: Nevermind. I get it now. Reading comprehension FTW!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 May 29, 22:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people claim that you do, but I always forget to, and I never have any problems with installing new stuff packs or EPs over a cracked.exe.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: