More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 22:33:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Community lots crashing after minutes of arrival
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community lots crashing after minutes of arrival  (Read 3903 times)
Chroi
Asinine Airhead

Unworthy of Awesomeness

View Profile
Community lots crashing after minutes of arrival
« on: 2008 May 17, 17:18:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am able to play residential, vacation lots and home businesses, without any borks what so ever. Although, community lots are becoming a problem. I can go to any community lots, but after being on it for 10-15 minutes, it crashes to the desktop. This also happens in another neighborhood and it crashes weither or not I downloaded the lot or created it myself.

I've played the game separate with hacks only, then objects only and both combined work sucessfully.  I dont have any specific vistor restrictions besides "no pick pockets" and "no gypsyvisits" hacks. I dont any global OFB related hacks installed and the ones I thought were the culprits were updated from here.

I couldnt get an error log because it crashed and nor did I have the boolprop code enabled at the time to get one. Also, I delete my groups.cache everytime I decide to play. My friend recommended I attach my recent "sims2exception" log, hope it can help. I have every single EP and SP except for Holiday stuff, their all patched up with no Inteen involved.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 2008 May 21, 09:38:56 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Community lots crashing after minutes of arrival
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 18, 13:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn the testing cheat on, and see if it generates an error before crashing.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Chroi
Asinine Airhead

Unworthy of Awesomeness

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 19, 11:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Played the game, went to a random community lot and even with the boolprop cheat on, it crashed. For about 15 minutes I sat there and nothing intering happened, besides a townie fight. Just studying whom came and left the lot. Regular townies and CC ones, could it be a corrupted NPC, or a BV bug because I have no clue what is causing this little ordeal.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 19, 15:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, if it's any lot and no errors generated, it may be worth re-installing BV.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 21, 00:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have TJ's old Visitor Controller installed (the hacked Lady on Red paintings)? If so, they won't work with the most recent few EPs and must be removed, or they'll cause community lots to crash.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Chroi
Asinine Airhead

Unworthy of Awesomeness

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 21, 14:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have TJ's old Visitor Controller installed (the hacked Lady on Red paintings)? If so, they won't work with the most recent few EPs and must be removed, or they'll cause community lots to crash.

Currently, I dont have any visitor controllers in my game.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 21, 14:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played the game separate with hacks only, then objects only and both combined work sucessfully.  I dont have any specific vistor restrictions besides "no pick pockets" and "no gypsyvisits" hacks. I dont any global OFB related hacks installed and the ones I thought were the culprits were updated from here.

Apologies - I'm not quite following this paragraph.  Does this mean you have tried/tested your game without hacks and custom content?  If not, remove your downloads folder (save it somewhere) and test.

I am just thinking that since your residential and holiday lots are working (or so I understand from your post), and just the community lots are borked, there may be a hack or CC problem.  You may want to try deleting all your hacks and replacing them from the latest director's cut to make sure you do not have any old versions and testing.

If you have done this and the problem is still there, I would agree with jsalemi and it may be worth reloading BV.

Tribulatio proxima est
Chroi
Asinine Airhead

Unworthy of Awesomeness

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 21, 15:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No reason to apologies jolrei. To clarify:

Ran the game with nothing in my DL's folder, works fine.

I've tested the game with hacks only to see if they were were working properly, in which they do. All my hacks are updated for Freetime, which is the latest EP I have. Most of hacks are from the directors cut.

Then I tested it with objects/skins/etc only, with results that I have no borked objects.

Questions, is it wise to unistall BV, when I have FT as my latest EP and wont that screw it up moar?  Undecided

Also, can someone explain how to copy the list of my hacks, so that I can show what I have. I saw a tutorial about somewhere here.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 21, 15:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run the game with nothing in your DL folder and it all works fine (including community lots - no crashing), then the problem is NOT the game and you do not need to uninstall or reinstall anything.  This would not solve the problem, since there is no problem there to solve.

The problem may be a conflict between a hack and some cc object, since (if I understand correctly) the problem exists when both hacks and CC are loaded.   Objects that "do things" (have a function that is more than what the Maxis object would do) may conflict with hacks.  I would install hacks and then load cc objects in sections (half at once) to see if you can identify which object is the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: