More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:42:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Antiprank vs. Play Sanity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Antiprank vs. Play Sanity  (Read 14113 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Antiprank vs. Play Sanity
« on: 2008 July 27, 19:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing with both the antiprank  hack and TJ's Play Sanity fixes installed and have not noticed any problems with doing so. I always figured these were a case of played nice evn though they come as a conflict, like a few other TJ and FFS hacks.

I've just sent a sim off to Uni and decided to hunker down and actually play through his higher education. Suddenly - and yes very suddenly - everyone is addicted to pranking. I had no problems whatsoever... not a single prank in game... until I sent this kid to Uni. It's not exclusive to the Uni lots, either. I loaded back into his house of upbringing to play the rest of his family up to speed and they are all suddenly prank addicted, too.

Having not actualyl played Uni in a very long time I'm curious if it is a play sanity/antiprank conflict that makes them nil each other out or if something else very out of the way borked in my game. The only conflicts I get in the scanner are the antiprank vs. Play Sanity and a few of Lord_Darcy's conflicting with each other. Lord Darcy's fixes for various EP objects are the only recent things I've added that I never had before - and I removed the TSS one that was conflicting with a few of his others.

Any ideas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Antiprank vs. Play Sanity
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 27, 20:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not the support section of the non-Awesome. If there is a reported conflict, you are going to have to decide which one you want to keep. Naturally, I suggest you keep antiprank, as it cuts down a whole host of prop-related annoyances.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 27, 20:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I posted this in Oops You broke it.

Antiprank would be the natural choice. I'm curious if anyone else is running both with no problems because they seemed to be playing nice until yesterday.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 28, 06:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have both installed with no problems.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 28, 06:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play with either (I take antiprank out of the DC before installing.) But didn't someone just say something about making sure TJ's hack loads after antiprank? Or was that something from the Lord Darcy conflict thread?

Anyways, maybe that's it. Maybe installing new mods somehow messed up the load order. In any case, try removing the mods you just added to see if it goes back to normal. If so, check the documentation on how to force a particular load order.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 28, 06:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you load something AFTER antiprank, antiprank will be overridden and not function. This is, obviously, purpose-defeating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 28, 07:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you load something AFTER antiprank, antiprank will be overridden and not function. This is, obviously, purpose-defeating.

That's probably why I have no problems Cheesy

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 28, 08:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only conflicts I get in the scanner are the antiprank vs. Play Sanity and a few of Lord_Darcy's conflicting with each other. Lord Darcy's fixes for various EP objects are the only recent things I've added that I never had before - and I removed the TSS one that was conflicting with a few of his others.

I don't think I modified the same resource in different hacks, unless there are multiple versions for different EPs. All my old fixes for Teen stuff pack were rolled into one in FreeTime. Remove any previous versions.

As I can't run HCDU for some unknown reason, please let me know exactly what conflicts with which.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 28, 09:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You made antiprank load last so it overwrites everything? Or do you suck, because you are EMMA?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 28, 10:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You made antiprank load last so it overwrites everything? Or do you suck, because you are EMMA?

No TJ's hack overwrites yours. So nyah Tongue So I don't need antiprank then? Cool beans. *deletes*

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 28, 10:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not a critical fix for anything, but have fun with that.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 28, 10:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if it is being overwritten by TJ's Play sanity fixes, what is the point in keeping it?

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 28, 15:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Play Sanity doesn't squelch pranks, just the autonomous play interactions.
At least that's why I've always left them in together. Antiprank doesn't (that I know of) stop the autonomous snowball fights, waterballloon fights, toss football, or play catch in the same way Play Sanity does (which is the way I prefer). So Play Sanity takes care of the play side and anti-prank takes care of the pranking (at least to a degree).

OR... does antiprank actually stop the fights and tossing of balls the same way now? I recall playing for a while without Play Sanity in and had to stop all that nonsense manually rather often.
Which is why I put Play Sanity back in.
If it is a case of antiprank stopping all the auto-play, and Play Sanity over rides that *and* the anti-prank functions of anti-prank.. then I guess Play Sanity takes care of the pranking also.

Which makes no sense because Play Sanity doesn't have anything to do with pranks.

abcdefghiJklmnopqrsTuvwxyz Play Sanity loads after antiprank.

Lord Darcy, it was the same conflicts that Witch posted about in your Armoire fix thread. Just doesn't seem like it would have anything at all to do with pranking.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Function - Init
Group ID: 0x7F2B2E3A
Instance ID: 0x00001000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\_Mods\LordDarcy\LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Armoire.package
\downloads\_Mods\LordDarcy\LdDarcy_TSSObjectDataFix_FT.package

Group ID: 0x7F59F566

Group ID: 0x7FAE51CC
\downloads\Maxis Objects\TSStore\Deco_Objects_Fixed2\Armoire_Deco.package
« Last Edit: 2008 July 28, 15:22:22 by myskaal » Logged
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 28, 15:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, it was the same conflicts that Witch posted about in your Armoire fix thread. Just doesn't seem like it would have anything at all to do with pranking.

Agh. Forgot about those wretched Teen armoires. *facepalm* In order to make teen armoires to accept objects, I had to modify "Function-Init" BHAV, which is also used by TSS fix. Don't worry, they will not conflict with each other. You don't have to give up TSS fix. The armoire animation fix is also incorporated into decoslot fix. As for possible conflict with Deco armoire, I explained here.

And yes, of course it has nothing to do with pranking at all.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 28, 22:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OR... does antiprank actually stop the fights and tossing of balls the same way now? I recall playing for a while without Play Sanity in and had to stop all that nonsense manually rather often.
Yes, the obnoxious snowball fighting and ball-tossing has since since been included in antiprank.

Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 29, 00:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for morons like me: Antiprank has all features like Play Sanity and more?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 29, 00:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for morons like me: Antiprank has all features like Play Sanity and more?
Antiprank does not cover splashing and kicky bag, AFAIR. Play Sanity was originally No Indoor Kicky Bag.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 29, 00:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any issues with splashing in the game. Perhaps if you used yellow pee or simply had less pee everywhere...

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 29, 04:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any issues with splashing in the game. Perhaps if you used yellow pee or simply had less pee everywhere...
Depends on what you mean by "issues". I did see my mad scientist and her pal Bigfoot autonomously decide to go out in the rain, walk a few miles across the lot, and splash in some puddles. But that's it so far. Not really an annoyance yet.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 29, 06:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kicky-bloody-bag, my sims still play kicky bag. I wish they wouldn't play it at all. Indoors or outdoors. Particularly at bloody parties!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 29, 06:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine never play autonomously. I have Play Sanity installed which squashes the autonomousness.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 29, 16:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kicky-bloody-bag, my sims still play kicky bag. I wish they wouldn't play it at all. Indoors or outdoors. Particularly at bloody parties!
I still have them pillow-fighting outdoors, though not nearly as much since they prefer catch. Obviously I don't have noroadpillows. They don't do it much, so it doesn't annoy me like it used to...and for my survival lot, I figure the five boys are always getting kicked out of the bedroom while the two adult couples make more mouths to feed, plus they have absolutely no toys but one bear for the lot of them. They need something to do. This doesn't explain while Vanessa McMahon (teen mom, no kittens killed) and Asia Patel (adult widow) are the ones who are most often seen pelting each other. The kids generally run around chasing each other 24/7.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 30, 02:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you have a teen mom without the kitten killer?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 30, 05:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's easy. Make an adult and kids in CAS, set kids as offspring of adult. Move into lot, then change age of adult to teen.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 30, 17:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's easy. Make an adult and kids in CAS, set kids as offspring of adult. Move into lot, then change age of adult to teen.
Yup, that. Even more amusing, she is technically the offspring of her children + simEmma. And her children are male clones of one of my selfsim's kids.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: