More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 23:39:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't patch original Sims2 game :(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't patch original Sims2 game :(  (Read 4453 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Can't patch original Sims2 game :(
« on: 2007 April 29, 20:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I got my new computer, installed my video card, updated driver to latest version.  Installed The Sims2 base game, went into the game, everything is fine.

However, I tried to apply the patch and when it asks for Disk 4, I put it in and nothing happens, the dialogue box just disappears and the game won't patch. 

I have tried many different things, checked my dxdiag, re-downloaded the patch for the base game, nothing.  I tried installing university but when it says its gonna check to see if my game is updated, again it asks for Disk 4, I put it in, click OK, but then all dialogue boxes disappear and university uninstalls.

Any suggestions?  I am sooo at my wits ends and help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Can't patch original Sims2 game :(
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 29, 20:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it exits without any message at all, there's no telling what's going on. Maybe you're already patched?

Open the properties (right-click) for \Sims2\TSBin\Sims2.exe and go to the Details tab. You should have the version 1.0.1022 if you're fully patched. If this is a lower value, you're either unpatched or have the patch that came with the expansions as of Uni (which is not the same as the current website patch, but older).
Is there a TS2UPD0.exe in the TSBin folder? If so, you're patched to at least the Uni backpatch version.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 29, 21:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for replying Jordi!

right clicking on Sims2.exe shows the version as 1.0.0.932, there is no TS2UPDO.exe in the TSBin folder.

I figure its not patched b/c when I try to install University, the "checking if updated" option comes up and asks for Disk 4 of the base game.  this is the point where it I click OK and both dialogue boxes disappear and the university uninstalls.  So it won't even let me install university without the patch!! grrr

is there anything about a new system that might interfer with installing these patches?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 29, 21:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have Daemon tools installed or some other utility with which you are using a virtual disk?
If so make sure you do not have Disk 4 in there. Windoze tends to get confused if it (thinks it) sees the same disk twice.

Tools like the safedisc hider may also prevent Windoze from properly detecting the disk.

You mention "new system" -- Vista perhaps? If so, make sure you allow UAC to upgrade the level to administrator. For XP/2k, you must still be a power user or administrator.

Also check if you have an antivirus or antispyware running, and temporarily disable them. Some tools actually do interfere with certain types of installs.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 29, 21:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh heh, no Daemon Tools or hiders here and definitely not Vista! LOL (definitely waiting a few years for that one)

I am checking out this link I found at MTS2, it kinda seems like the same type of problem, but I'll try it anyways!  Wink

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=614290

EDIT*  so yeah, I'm just a total idiot today, must be the new computer, its made my brain mush, I guess installing the game with the internet running JUST DOESN'T WORK, well not for me anyways!! Roll Eyes

As soon as I unhooked from the internet, the patch worked just fine!! that's my DUH for the day, thanks for your help Jordi!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 April 29, 21:45:11 by twistingsims » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: