More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 18:24:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?  (Read 33014 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Has anyone been able to help poor Jane?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 05, 19:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Jane certainly didn't!  No chairs were sutck anywhere, and they'd only just been loaded but I couldn't get the progress bar to move.  It was definitely the bar that was faulty.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 05, 19:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Jane certainly didn't!  No chairs were sutck anywhere, and they'd only just been loaded but I couldn't get the progress bar to move.  It was definitely the bar that was faulty.
Ive had the stuck progress bar in Uni and the  only way I was able to resolve it was move my sim out and into a new lot.My Sim has since graduated Summa Cum Laude  but his progress bar was always in the red  and he did all assignments ,term papers and went to class  on time,at the end of each semester I would get congratulations "Bart Aming has finished the semester with an A+ and has made the deans list"yet his progress bar was always low red. this went on until his last semester Junior year when I got sick of having to guess where he was at with his studies.I moved him and his buddies and fiancee out. he was one of my Rare Family sims to Join a greek house and the secret society and make BSOC status  after the move they of course reapplied for the  greek charter. as soon as  He set foot on the new lot his progress bar shot to full. he is back in the neighborhood and married to his childhood sweetheart. whose ressurect  wants are driving me batty. her Mother,Father and Brothers met up with the insimenator while she was at Uni. so the only surviving family member she has is her sister who is a pleasure sim

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 05, 21:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bangelnuts - try the noresurrectwants hack - I've been using it in NL with no problems I can see.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 05, 22:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bangelnuts - try the noresurrectwants hack - I've been using it in NL with no problems I can see.
does it work with Family Sims? I thought I read they would still get that want. the sim that rolled the wants to resurrect her family is a Family Sim

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 05, 22:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno about family sims. I don't remember seeing the resurrect want at all since I installed the hack. Check the rtfm.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 06, 14:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Popularity sims definitely spin the want!  When I resurrected Fricorith Tricou in simPE, I teleported him to a lot where one of his downtownie aunts (another teen) was living.  As soon as I clicked on him in the mirror, all he wanted was to resurrect members of his family and to beat the Grand Reaper!  Anyway, he resurrected most of his family, while his grandfather Jonathon finished the job, they now live in three different houses and I've left the House of Fallen Trees severely alone since all the reports of problems.  Surprisingly, although they live in three different homes, they are about the most united family group I've ever played, forever phoning each other, turning up at each others' houses etc.  I did have to use SimPE to inform them of some things they'd forgotten while six feet under,and check some family boxes that had lost their check, but I  was really pleased with how it all turned out - and since they'd all died without really having a life, it seemed only fair!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 06, 15:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Popularity sims definitely spin the want!  When I resurrected Fricorith Tricou in simPE, I teleported him to a lot where one of his downtownie aunts (another teen) was living.  As soon as I clicked on him in the mirror, all he wanted was to resurrect members of his family and to beat the Grand Reaper!  Anyway, he resurrected most of his family, while his grandfather Jonathon finished the job, they now live in three different houses and I've left the House of Fallen Trees severely alone since all the reports of problems.  Surprisingly, although they live in three different homes, they are about the most united family group I've ever played, forever phoning each other, turning up at each others' houses etc.  I did have to use SimPE to inform them of some things they'd forgotten while six feet under,and check some family boxes that had lost their check, but I  was really pleased with how it all turned out - and since they'd all died without really having a life, it seemed only fair!
hmm........ I would love to know exactly how that whole family was wiped out in the first place. I might do that as it would be an inteeresting new blood line in my neighborhood as well as a storyline. I think Brynne's  Bayfield Family lives in the house of Fallen trees some 23 members if I recall right, she hasnt said anything about problems in that house. I heard the issue arose over a piece of furniture in the house.do they have any living relatives? the Tricou's I mean not the Brynne's Family. I have  9 members of the Bayfield family in my game  they have had thei last names changed but they are there and living in 4 seperate houses and  that  family has  grown considerably with born in game sims and all family members are extremely close to one another and I would love another Family like that in my game

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 06, 17:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6 of the dowtownie teens are Jonathon fricou's (presumable other side of the blanket!) kids.  They all know who their father is, but not their mother!  So, get anyone of them into your game and they can resurrect the whole family, but then they would get all the money.  This is what basically happened in mine, although I didn't get Katharine to do the resurrecting, I just resurrected Fricorith in SimPE (He looked such a cute teenager!) and teleported him to the lot.  Katharine asked her nephew to move in, and all the money came with him, and he then proceeded to resurrect his parents and grandfather.  His mother then moved out with him into the bin, and his father and grandfather moved out together.  Katharine sent them 500,000 each while they were in the bin, and they then moved into nice new houses specially built for them by me!  Then the rest of the family got resurrected, and each set of parents eventually got back together, although I did have to go into SimPE to get some memories for Nylissit and Kiernan to work, and I had to check some family boxes that were unchecked.  I couldn't get the parents to fancy each other again, so in the end I sent them to community lots and had them do public woohoos, after which they just got the hots for each other.

If you get Katharine into the game (I made Jason Macauley her uncle, got him in first, then moved her in with him) her family tree shows all the other townie brothers and sisters.  They're all at uni now, except for Katharine, who I kept behind so she could send them some cash!  I've no doubt she'll join them soon!

Oh, and Fricorith and Lilith have the hots for each other!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 06, 17:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6 of the dowtownie teens are Jonathon fricou's (presumable other side of the blanket!) kids.  They all know who their father is, but not their mother!  So, get anyone of them into your game and they can resurrect the whole family, but then they would get all the money.  This is what basically happened in mine, although I didn't get Katharine to do the resurrecting, I just resurrected Fricorith in SimPE (He looked such a cute teenager!) and teleported him to the lot.  Katharine asked her nephew to move in, and all the money came with him, and he then proceeded to resurrect his parents and grandfather.  His mother then moved out with him into the bin, and his father and grandfather moved out together.  Katharine sent them 500,000 each while they were in the bin, and they then moved into nice new houses specially built for them by me!  Then the rest of the family got resurrected, and each set of parents eventually got back together, although I did have to go into SimPE to get some memories for Nylissit and Kiernan to work, and I had to check some family boxes that were unchecked.  I couldn't get the parents to fancy each other again, so in the end I sent them to community lots and had them do public woohoos, after which they just got the hots for each other.

If you get Katharine into the game (I made Jason Macauley her uncle, got him in first, then moved her in with him) her family tree shows all the other townie brothers and sisters.  They're all at uni now, except for Katharine, who I kept behind so she could send them some cash!  I've no doubt she'll join them soon!

Oh, and Fricorith and Lilith have the hots for each other!
ok I I unchecked Ghost for fricorith . who is Katharine?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 06, 17:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katharine Macaulay is one of the Downtown teens who live in the Garth house.  If you have the new movinall, you can move her in with any family you like (there's a version where they don't ned to be friends) and then you can get her to move Fricorith in.   (Or you can move him into any other family, it just seemed good to me to move him in with a relative!  Oh, and I let them make friends first, so he didn't feel all alone in the world when he moved in!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 06, 17:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katharine Macaulay is one of the Downtown teens who live in the Garth house.  If you have the new movinall, you can move her in with any family you like (there's a version where they don't ned to be friends) and then you can get her to move Fricorith in.   (Or you can move him into any other family, it just seemed good to me to move him in with a relative!  Oh, and I let them make friends first, so he didn't feel all alone in the world when he moved in!)
Thanks I have inge's teleporter shrub. and I have a single sim I can move him in with so he can resurrect his family

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 06, 17:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mind control Mirror is useful too. 

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 06, 17:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, my "Katherine" is Katherine Langerak. She has dark hair in one of those new NL hairstyles (the strange twist with the braid and bow thing). I still have her as a townie, so far I've put just two of the "unknown Tricou" offspring into Sim State. One is called Christopher Langerak in my game, he was the teen townie in the black trenchcoat, blond hair and black eyeliner & lipstick. The other townie, named Stacy Cho, has short black hair, green eyes and was wearing that little hat with the black & white leopard trim. They're both Pleasure sims, which was interesting. I'm planning on resurrecting the whole Tricou family too, once the kids graduate from college. I'd like to see what sort of interest they bring to the neighborhood.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 06, 18:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was your game a complete reinstall of the neighbourhood, or did you use your exisiting one?  I took everything out and made a new installation, so maybe that's why we got different names?

All Jonathon's illicit kids have the pleasure aspiration, but I've changed all of them to something more suited to their characters.  They also all had the same LTW of becoming a celebrity chef, but of course, when I changed their aspiration that changed too.  They are all at uni except Katharine, and they have formed a group which includes all six of them and they are now getting to know each other.  (They each have their own house, since they got 25,000 simoleons each when they got to the uni bin.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 06, 18:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the downtownies generate wiith different names in everybody's game, and even in different neighbourhoods.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 06, 18:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd played for about a week after I installed NL and then decided to reinstall (long story). Before the reinstall, I think they had other names but I'm not sure (I think Christopher Langerak was Christopher Leung then). I'm going to go play in a little while, I'll make note of all the names and then post them here later if you're curious. I'll check in the other neighborhoods too, which I haven't even played yet since the reinstall.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 06, 18:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mind control Mirror is useful too. 
the Family is completly ressurected as far as I can tell .now I have to boot Fricorith to the fa,ily bin  with his parents  so I can move my poor sim  Brad Harper back into his house. he moved out temporarily to allow for the family to be resuurected. then I took a Jaunt to sim PE and edited relationships. as far as how they like one another they all instantly started gabbing and became instant best friends and they all cried when my poor hapless sim Brad Harper moved out they started making instant friends with him as well no cheats used for that part. when I left Jennail was having a pillow fight with her husband and Fricorith was platinum. the instant best friends between Gvaudin and Fricorith surprised me . she was the first of the group to be resurrected by Fricorith.  I am thinking I might rename her to something I can say LOL. I did not even use cheats to make any of them friends I didnt have ttime so they were doing it themsselves. I was to busy having old grimmy called. and motherloding the harper house to give grimmy 80,000 simoleons

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 06, 20:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the downtownies generate wiith different names in everybody's game, and even in different neighbourhoods.

I double checked and all of the illegitimate Tricou kids have different names in each of my neighborhoods. The one thing I hope when I've graduated them and start resurrecting their father & family members that the Tricous have full DNA. That was the biggest reason why I'd reinstalled after NL. I'd resurrected Ophelia Nigmos' parents and Lyla Grunt and seeing the glitchiness in their resurrections (adults in elder bodies, bald, distorted facial graphics) I was worried I'd messed up my game. I don't know how to use SimPE (and am paranoid that I'm not skilled enough to figure it out) or any other program to fix stuff like that. Do the resurrected Tricous seem completely normal and without any missing files or such?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 06, 20:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know somebody that ressurected all the Tricous(or most of them at least) and they seem fine.

YMMV however.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 06, 20:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Andygal, that's good to know. I'm going to back up my neighborhoods before I try, just to be on the safe side.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 06, 21:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Belated) I'm glad I hit the mark with that one, ZZ, and your sims were able to get the grades they deserved! The adjuster is a very handy little tool.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 06, 23:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are fine too - but you have to make sure you fill the bar to 10,000 if you want a perfect resurrection!

Interestring thing just happened - I've often had one grandparent turn up to visit unnanounced, but both Jonathon and Jennicor turned up together to visit Jennail and co!  I've truly never seen this before !

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 07, 00:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are fine too - but you have to make sure you fill the bar to 10,000 if you want a perfect resurrection!

Interestring thing just happened - I've often had one grandparent turn up to visit unnanounced, but both Jonathon and Jennicor turned up together to visit Jennail and co!  I've truly never seen this before !
my sim pe resurrection of Fricorith didnt hold I exited and saved the game whent back in he became a ghost playing punch you punch me with his Dad. and then I got the message he had died on another lot. so I sent  his mother to the phone and she resurrected him paying 10,000 simoleons. I then moved the family into their own place and put my sim Brad Harper Back in his house Just before I moved the Tricou family Fricorith's Parent's and Fricorith to a new house

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 07, 07:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd!  Mine worked fine with just unchecking the ghost tick in simPE.  I could have done the whole family that way, but the kid needed his platinum boost to keep him going until he got good grades (He was F grade!  His cousin was C+, so she wasn't a problem.)  Now Fricorith is all set for college, he's got his Creativity scholarship, and he won't really need the money anyway, as his parents can send him all he needs!  But I think I'll make him work for it, like Lilith is having to!  (But she did take her bed and computer with her!)  The only ones I've helped out were the Downtownie kids, and they'd had such a bad start in life I thought they deserved a break!  (And Lilith is so much better in this game - I restored some of her genetic personality points so she's a bit more outgoing and a bit nicer, so she gets on fine with everyone - useful for a popluarity aspiration!  She even cleans up now without a fuss and I didn't alter her neatness.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 07, 15:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd!  Mine worked fine with just unchecking the ghost tick in simPE.  I could have done the whole family that way, but the kid needed his platinum boost to keep him going until he got good grades (He was F grade!  His cousin was C+, so she wasn't a problem.)  Now Fricorith is all set for college, he's got his Creativity scholarship, and he won't really need the money anyway, as his parents can send him all he needs!  But I think I'll make him work for it, like Lilith is having to!  (But she did take her bed and computer with her!)  The only ones I've helped out were the Downtownie kids, and they'd had such a bad start in life I thought they deserved a break!  (And Lilith is so much better in this game - I restored some of her genetic personality points so she's a bit more outgoing and a bit nicer, so she gets on fine with everyone - useful for a popluarity aspiration!  She even cleans up now without a fuss and I didn't alter her neatness.)
Fricorith is alive and well now the resurrection his mother did  with old grimmy held and he came back platinum. so I think it was a glitch in my game. I am going to rename his cousin though . I cant even pronounce her name LOL when you  look at her  its surprising to me that Nylissit is her mother. she looks alot like Jennail. Nylissit and Kiernan were having  a bowl of chili at a neighbors house when I left

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: