More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 18:29:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Unlimited number of Sims -- released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unlimited number of Sims -- released  (Read 19499 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Unlimited number of Sims -- released
« on: 2007 March 05, 09:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone with a working install of Seasons test the attached mod?

It should allow more than 8 Sims through the following scenarios:
-birth (single or twins)
-propose.../move in
-adoption of a child, baby, or toddler
-adoption of a pet (through the telephone)
-purchase of a pet in a store
-adoption of a stray
-puppies or kittens
-propose.../marriage

I suspect propose.../marriage will fail since it also failed in Pets, but the rest should work.
There is only a minor code difference between Pets and Seasons (a few checks which were < are now <=), so I don't see why the Pets version failed.

I don't have a working Seasons install at the moment so can't test this myself.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 19, 08:41:41 by Jordi » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Unlimited number of Sims -- tester needed
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 06, 12:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certainly.

Was the old one broken? It seemed to be working OK in my game - or, at least, it hadn't caused any crashes.

Downloading.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 14:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some people tell me it stopped working. Pretty weird considering the minor code change. Anyway I rolled in the Seasons code change, and also fiddled some with the limits… hopefully it fixes it. Thanks for testing :-)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 18:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should add that I have the following lines in my userStartup.cheat. If you want I'll remove them and test that way too.

uintProp   maxTotalSims 55
uintProp   maxTotalHumans 40
uintProp   maxTotalPets 15

In any case alien abduction conception (which I figure covers birth, but I'll try a woohoo conception too) in a household of more that 8 sims works (sorry it took me this long to get back to you). I've had a little graphics card problem (damned NVidia drivers), but I'm about to boot the game and try some of the other scenarios.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 09, 10:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I be able to ask a teen townie to move in or is this something that doesn't happen normally? I've got the updated teleporter shrub if I need to use that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 09, 10:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I be able to ask a teen townie to move in or is this something that doesn't happen normally? I've got the updated teleporter shrub if I need to use that.

I don't think that's normal maxis behavior -- I think you need the kitten killer to enable teens moving in.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 09, 11:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks, I wondered. I haven't tried before, but this is a custom townie so is not fugly or boring.

ETA: I also have
in my cheat file. (Slightly different numbers though). Does that make this mod redundant or does it do something different?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 09, 12:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those cheats apply to household limites from the neighbourhood screen. They won't allow marriages, move in, childbirth etc. beyond the limits (unfortunately! If they did, this mod wouldn't be needed).

I've done some further testing on this and it seems to work fine… released it over at MTS2 now. Still any reports are appreciated.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 09, 12:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's normal maxis behavior -- I think you need the kitten killer to enable teens moving in.

Or... if you have pinhead's moveinall hack, which allows you to move in teens and children as well.

Ah, thanks, I wondered. I haven't tried before, but this is a custom townie so is not fugly or boring.

ETA: I also have
in my cheat file. (Slightly different numbers though). Does that make this mod redundant or does it do something different?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think jordi explained that these cheats allow you to combine larger households from Neighorhood View.  You need a combination of his hack and these cheats to be able to combine households.  The hacks alone would only allow you to move in sims via the propose... in game propose options.

Ste

ETA: jordi responded before I could hit post. Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 09, 12:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think jordi explained that these cheats allow you to combine larger households from Neighorhood View.  You need a combination of his hack and these cheats to be able to combine households.  The hacks alone would only allow you to move in sims via the propose... in game propose options.

Ste

ETA: jordi responded before I could hit post. Tongue

Cheers anyway, I missed the original bit about the neighbourhood screen and moving in.

And definite cheers for Jordi, I've been using this hack instead of Doc Doofus' one since Pets and have had no problems with it. My family is about to push over 8 members so I'll report back if I see anything odd.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 09, 18:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmation of adopt stray into a family with 8 Sims already (one of which is a pregnancy - just for full disclosures sake) working AOK

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 09, 22:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to test this out, but I already downloaded the one from MTS2 just tonight.  Is it the same as of this posting?  According to that thread, the Pets move-in bug has been fixed in Seasons.  I never installed the Pets patch, so I hope this is true.  I was going to check out Pinhead's moveinall hack, but I forgot Ste had taken that over. 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 09, 22:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks mim Smiley

Rainbow: the MTS2 version is the same one now. The move in bug on marriages should be fixed in Pets at least, and I suppose also in Seasons. I hope that the plant Sim budding is also affected by the same Lot - Full of Sims? BHAV, cursory inspection of a Seasons object.package did not reveal any obvious new one.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 09, 23:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You fixed the marriage bug? Yeah! Does this also mean that the Greek House move in bug has been fixed too?

As a reminder, qualified Greek House applicants cannot be moved in by playing the Greek lot and asking the Sim to "move in" because a pop-up states that more than zero Sims in a household cause global warming.  Instead, you have to go to the dorm and use the phone for the Sim to move to the Greek House.  This is true even if there is only one person living on the Greek lot.

I just started a new neighborhood and don't have a Greek House yet, so am unable to test it. If needed, I can create one for testing purposes. But I won't go to all this trouble if it has already been tested.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 09, 23:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot about that greek house problem so I havent tested it  Embarrassed

It might be fixed though -- the main difference between this version and the old one is that I now also tweaked the constants, and made one additional test also return false no matter what. This seems to have fixed the marriage move in issue (in my game at least), as well as (presumably) the alien pregnancy problem -- I haven't had a non-cheated abduction yet, but a debug (with Pescado's fix) resulted in an alien pregnancy in an overstuffed lot (11 Sims).

If the greek house thing doesn't work, I'll investigate it again. I think I found the greek house move in BHAV the other day, I just didn't pay attention to it.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 10, 01:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Standard and TwoJeffs Casual Auto Woohoo TFB both work on lots with more than 8 Sims in my game. It's good to hear about marriages being fixed.

edit: we have a problem. In a household with 7 Sims + 2 pregnancies, ie 9 total Sims move in and marriage generated the global warming will result if you do this message and I could not move the Sims in.

I don't know whether this last one is because I was silly enough to try to marry a headmaster or if it's a townies keep memory problem or because of this, but when I married BJ Ryan to Coral Oldie he remembers getting engaged to her but not getting married to her. This is in a household that only had two Sims before him and he was selectable during the engagement and not the wedding, but I just don't know. So I thought I'd report it here anyway. There have been no error logs generated at all.

OK, I'm almost completely certain that it wasn't this. At the end of the wedding the party counter started again. So they had a 'roof raiser' memory followed by a 'disaster' memory

Just to re-confirm the birth scenario. In a family of 9 Sims + two pregnancies the first pregnancy was upgraded to two children at the birth. So that part is definately working.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 11, 10:42:16 by Madame Mim » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 18, 06:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgot about that greek house problem so I havent tested it  Embarrassed

It might be fixed though -- the main difference between this version and the old one is that I now also tweaked the constants, and made one additional test also return false no matter what. This seems to have fixed the marriage move in issue (in my game at least), as well as (presumably) the alien pregnancy problem -- I haven't had a non-cheated abduction yet, but a debug (with Pescado's fix) resulted in an alien pregnancy in an overstuffed lot (11 Sims).

If the greek house thing doesn't work, I'll investigate it again. I think I found the greek house move in BHAV the other day, I just didn't pay attention to it.
I'm using the 3/5 version of this, and I just tried to invite a pledge to move in, but I got the message about global warming.  I have 13 sims living on this lot.  It's a Greek house I made from a house in the bin.  There were 14, but I moved one out, and now I want to move someone else in.  I couldn't test it before because I had no pledges and I had to wait for the pledge period to be over before the option would even come up.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Unlimited number of Sims -- released
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 19, 08:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for testing this. I've released it by now at MTS2: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=212448

The Geek House doesn't work then? Noted. If I get inspired to, I'll try to find whatever limits it. It must be using some other check I haven't found yet (the earlier found BHAV was a red herring).
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 19, 08:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did some testing on another Greek lot, and I was able to add 2 extra members, for a total of ten.  But the next one I tried to propose move in wasn't allowed. Incidentally, this is also the one that would have started a new column of Sim icons on the left side, whatever it's called.  I am also using Syber's move in all hack. 

ETA:  Actually, I just looked at the error message again, and it says "households with more than 10 members" instead of 8.  That's very strange.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 19, 10:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Actually, I just looked at the error message again, and it says "households with more than 10 members" instead of 8.  That's very strange.

With Pets, I believe the total number of sims formally allowed to live on a lot is ten (ten total, with no more than eight humans or six pets).

ETA: Although you said this was a Greek lot, which can't have pets in any case, and would thus still be limited to eight. I need to get some sleep.  Tongue
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 19, 10:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I take out this hack, I get a brief message saying, "Sorry, you cannot have more than 8 sims living here."  So something in this hack must be bypassing that message and giving the one about 10 sims instead, or something like that. 

ETA:  I just now tested in a house in the neighborhood with 12 members, where one sim had just given birth to quads.  I had another sim ask a lover to move in and got the message about households greater than 10 sims.  I am going to test this out in another neighborhood in case this one is borked.  Huh
« Last Edit: 2007 March 19, 11:43:53 by RainbowTigress » Logged
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 19, 21:47:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I take out this hack, I get a brief message saying, "Sorry, you cannot have more than 8 sims living here."  So something in this hack must be bypassing that message and giving the one about 10 sims instead, or something like that. 

That's curious. My message says "More than 0 Sims..." I started with a Greek House of 8, moving them out as they graduated and received the same message. I got down to just one Greek Member with the same zero Sims message. I wonder where those numbers are plucked from?

BTW, you can still move them in by going to the dorm and calling the taxi.  But for me it is a hassle since the dorms are mostly "storage", living there until they qualify to join the Greek House.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 19, 22:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have no playable sims in the dorms, and this is a townie.  I suppose I could work around this.  But I tried in the base neighborhood to move in a sim and it said the same thing.  Has anyone else had problems with moving in sims in the base neighborhood when the household has 10 or more sims (not counting pets)?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 20, 08:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not I... I've stuffed one lot to 23 Sims and 5 pets. Possibly a hack conflict... do you have Squinge's higher number mods (10 Sims total, 12 Sims total) maybe?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 20, 12:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Squinge's 12 sims hack a while back but I removed it back before Seasons when I put your Pets hack in.  I did a search to make sure it wasn't hiding in a folder somewhere, I've run HCDU, and I removed all other hacks and downloads and still I get the message about only 10 sims being allowed on a lot.  Sad  The only thing else I can think of is to redownload the hack from here, but it looked like it was dated the same.  I'll try that, but other than that, do you have any other ideas?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: