More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 18:13:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories  (Read 32024 times)
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories
« on: 2007 October 18, 17:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently realised that Sims don't seem to get any woohoo memories from woohooing in a tent or hammock. Is this normal for everybody else? Seems a bit wrong to me. I have two hacks in my game related to memories which are MemoryMod and alexx_no_memories_clear, both of which I think I got from MTS2. I've tested the game without them in though and Sims still don't gain woohoo memories which leads me to believe it is a game fault.
If it is a game fault is there anyway to fix it?
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 18, 17:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the doing (or rather, not doing) of EAxis. Apparently they didn't feel the need to include memories for this. It's been mentioned in another thread.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 18, 17:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the doing (or rather, not doing) of EAxis. Apparently they didn't feel the need to include memories for this. It's been mentioned in another thread.

There was also an earlier bug, if I remember correctly, that public woohoo memories would only register if the public woohoo was in the changing booth, but not in a comm lot hot tub.  Perhaps that one was fixed.  I never bother to check the memories that much for that.  As long as they get their aspiration points.

Tribulatio proxima est
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 18, 17:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I've have Sims successfully gain public woohoo memories from using the sauna on a community lot.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 18, 17:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sauna Woohoo is kind of messed up as well, though. It will add the memory of public woohoo, but not satisfy that particular want. It only satisfies the "Woohoo in a Sauna" want as well as the normal "Play In" want (as they still call it).

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 18, 18:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't be EAxis if they didn't mess things up, though, would it?

Zephyr Zodiac
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 18, 18:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it a mod that fixed the earlier public woohoo bug or did that get fixed in one of the patches? I seem to remember it being fixed at some point. Of course, I have memory of Swiss cheese... so I may completely wrong about this.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 18, 18:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, afraid that the woohooltwfix is still part of More Awesome Than You, so it was never fixed by EAxis, if that's what you meant. Filling the Woohoo with X sims LTW will generate the memory on a random sim in your game, resulting in nonsense.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 18, 18:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... It was Awesomeness that fixed things. I should have just assumed this to be the case from the start.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 18, 18:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must have been borked after Uni, then, as I definitely remember a now defunct Keanu Broke getting the platinum and memory while he was still there.

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 18, 19:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woohoo memories are seriously weird even when they aren't exactly broken.  It's a well known bug/exploit that public woohoo and "private" woohoo with the same sim counts as two separate lovers.  With a service sim you can get three separate memories, by doing public and private woohoo with them and then moving them in (so they're no longer a service sim) and get another woohoo memory.  Or with open for business you can get the same third memory by woohooing a service sim in an elevator on a residential lot.

Elevator woohoo is further borked.  Only the person who initiates the woohoo actually gets the memory and/or fulfill the want.  I'm taking this to mean elevator woohoo = oral sex.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 18, 19:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think the part that annoys me most is that a sim can walk in on his/her partner engaged in a bit of extramarital woohoo, and not blink an eyelid - but catch a visiting sim throw him/herself into same partner's arms, and they go berserk!

Zephyr Zodiac
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 19, 02:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced that.  Having extramarital woohoo normally brings the wife running from wherever she is on the lot.

One exception -- doing it in the car in the driveway.  The wife only gets upset if she's outside at the time of the woohoo.  Perhaps because she can see through the windows...

You know, an interesting hack idea...  Or something that would be good for Sims 3....  I would love it if friends or family that are outraged by the sight of extramarital woohoo could gossip the news back to the wife at a later time and make her furious.  It would make for more interesting logistical problems.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 19, 02:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the sim him/herself already does the gossip part (they even tell their toddlers about it!) but EAxis obviously couldn't see the possibilities for gameplay in this situation!  As to the woohoo, of course, only sims who don't get jealous because of ACR will ignore extramarital woohoo in a bed, hot tub etc., but then sometimes, because they are Scorpios or Aries etc. they do get jealous of a much more minor offence - but then, to sims, it's worse to make out than it is to woohoo!

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 19, 05:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced that.  Having extramarital woohoo normally brings the wife running from wherever she is on the lot.

One exception -- doing it in the car in the driveway.  The wife only gets upset if she's outside at the time of the woohoo.  Perhaps because she can see through the windows...

You know, an interesting hack idea...  Or something that would be good for Sims 3....  I would love it if friends or family that are outraged by the sight of extramarital woohoo could gossip the news back to the wife at a later time and make her furious.  It would make for more interesting logistical problems.

That was a feature in one of the promotional preview videos I remember seeing before the game came out. Don's wife's sister walked in on him and Dina making out and then went to tell her sister, who, as a family sim with a being cheated on fear, went into aspiration failure. Somewhere between the video and release, though, that disappeared. I'd love to see it in 3, though. The closest it seemed to get afterward was with the furiousness (I had a Sim who would go around kicking the trashcan of a Sim who got caught cheating on his aunt) but that sort of furiousness was squashed with some of the puddle rage fixes/romance mod, I believe. Ah well.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 19, 06:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having extramarital woohoo normally brings the wife running from wherever she is on the lot.

The wife only gets upset if she's outside at the time of the woohoo.

I would love it if friends or family that are outraged by the sight of extramarital woohoo could gossip the news back to the wife at a later time and make her furious.

Don't 'the wives' get to have any fun? Who does woohoo with the husbands?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 19, 13:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having extramarital woohoo normally brings the wife running from wherever she is on the lot.
The wife only gets upset if she's outside at the time of the woohoo.
I would love it if friends or family that are outraged by the sight of extramarital woohoo could gossip the news back to the wife at a later time and make her furious.

Don't 'the wives' get to have any fun? Who does woohoo with the husbands?

You should see my hood then.  My sims are very 21st century egalitarian about cheating on their spouses of either gender.  If I was a vengeful, or righteous deity...

But we don't have to worry about that, do we?  Smiley

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 19, 15:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And when all a Romance sim wants to do is woohoo with 20 different sims, or have 20 lovers at once, why oh why don't they turn down all engagement/marriage proposals?

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 19, 15:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And when all a Romance sim wants to do is woohoo with 20 different sims, or have 20 lovers at once, why oh why don't they turn down all engagement/marriage proposals?

Yeah.  I think this is all part of the disconnect bewteen LTW and a sim's daily wants.  Sims seem to live in the moment and don't look at the big picture.  "Hey, getting married.  That'd be romantic!" trumps "Hey, if I get married, it'll really bugger my real desire to have 20 loves at once."

Instant gratification is more fun than waiting for the long-term goal.  Feel good now, not later.

Tribulatio proxima est
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 19, 15:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does being married prevent a romance sim from woohooing others?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 19, 15:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it doesn't, of course, but I for one have noticed that Romance sims tend to be more careful on the home front than other aspirations (fortune seem to be particularly inclined towards promiscuity and infidelity even when their partner is likely to walk in at any moment) - but really, it's more a case to me of why should the Romance sim who is proposed to always be the one to lose a few thousand aspiration points, and not the proposer?  And marriage or engagement proposals only seem to be rejected if the two involved are at less than 100/100 and in love, so you can only really engineer a rejection by making them fall out of love before the proposal.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 19, 15:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ: Purely projection. The DEFAULT autonomous behavior is not to flirt with anyone unless they are already your target romance or you simply lack one. The default behavior is also to accept all attempts and fall in love immediately with anyone who does. This is completely independent of aspiration. If you're seeing odd behavior, it's generally one of the above cases, or the Work of the Non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 19, 17:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's just that I usually choose fairly active sims for Romance, and so they are kept busy skilling and looking after babies and so forth....but I've never seen a romance sim initiate any kind of romantic action with other than "the one" on the home front, whereas Cassandra Goth was always notorious in my game for doing just that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 19, 21:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find Romance Sims very easy to deal with as monogamous spouses.  Other than the big aspiration hit they take when they get engaged or married, it's very easy to keep their needs satisfied.  They want to boink the spouse, and that's a quick 3500 points every time.  7000 if they can do make-out first.  If you never let them fall in love with other Sims, it's much easier.

The hardest aspirations to keep platinum are knowledge and money.  They can go for long stretches with no easy wants to meet.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 19, 21:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd definitely go along with that, and if you change the LTW of the woohoo kind to a career LTW, they tend to work hard to achieve it, and always get the want to reach the top of the career - some sims seem to miss getting that one!  Fortune are an absolute pain to play, although they have improved since Seasons when they have all these crafting wants suddenly appear (far more frequently than in OFB) and also lots of gardening related wants.  I rarely have problems keeping knowledge sims happy, there's always something, although it annoys me whenever they get a couple of skill points that they wanted, they decide suicide is a good option!

The hardest, I find, are pleasure, there wants either carry very few points, overheat them in no time flat (eg jump on couch) or take forever to play (dates) and are a nuisance if you don't want to bother with a comm lot and there are other sims on the lot who need to be attended to as well!  Some serious pleasure sims are ok, they get wants like playing chess or making espresso, but again, they only carry about 500 points so you need to keep changing their activity to score gold, let alone platinum!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: