More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:57:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wished for new personality traits
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wished for new personality traits  (Read 9793 times)
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
Wished for new personality traits
« on: 2006 February 26, 17:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inspired by threads in retardo land!
  Just because I'm putting more selfsims into my MATYhood (and making up a few people I want to see there who don't have self sims) and I wish I could tweak them a little bit more  Grin
 I'd like to seer two additional traits added to the mix. The fist one would be for stupid/smart. Cuz some people pick up on things right away, some have to be told over and over again, and some are so stupid they just never get it. Ingame I guess it would apply to how fast they learn their skills, including the hidden ones like swimming.
 The second one would be for social skills, at one end being very sucessful at making friends, flirting, positive influence on job promotions. etc. On the other end you would have those poor social misfits that nobody wants to hang out with because they are boring, or always saying the wrong thing, or just too stupid for word (see above)
 Anyway just my two cents worth, a little wishful thinking as it were...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Wished for new personality traits
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 26, 17:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do something about their IQ, not so sure about the boring thing though!  But I would think if they were very shy, sims might find them boring!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 26, 17:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do something about their IQ
Wouldn't that require using SimPe? Fraid I fall under the stupid end of that one, too many moving parts for me Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 26, 17:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a "Make me smart" option that comes with the FFS Debugger.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=72.0

Zephyr Zodiac
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 26, 17:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im stupid to , i never even knew sims had an IQ , how does that work then ??
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 26, 17:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was Pesacdo that first used the 'IQ' term.
It contributes to how quickly sims learn new skills.
Smartmilk, smart cap, being tutored....

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4.0

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 26, 17:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their normal IQ is 100.  Toddlers who are given smart milk go up to 300, which means you can potty train them etc in double quick time.  If you give smart milk just before they transition to child, then the effect can stick for some time, which means that the child can reach a high skill level in a very short time.  The debugger allows you to recreate that effect with older sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 26, 18:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a "Make me smart" option that comes with the FFS Debugger.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=72.0

Ah, I'd seen that but never really played with it, silly me. Now can we do something about roosterboys sims social skills?.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 26, 18:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, just make him very shy and not very nice!  and don't let him practice his charisma!

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 26, 19:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you think about it, there are representations of this: logic and charisma. Even though they are skills rather than personality traits. It's just a shame that the game doesn't use these for social interactions, as far as I know, but it would be great if it did. Like, for the success of social interactions, they would work normally, but maybe have a % chance of succeeding, when they would normally fail, depending on a sims level of charisma. And logic wise, it would be great if finding the best (inter)action would actually depend on a sims logic. Smarter sims would "choose" to do things that would be less destructive relationship wise or mostly choose options that build relationships or build skills or otherwise almost always have a positive outcome.

Doubtful that it would ever come to pass though. Something like this may require a major overhaul of a lot of code. Tongue Well... since the contained social checks essentially in one BHAV, maybe they could tweak that to add a dependency on charisma. That would be neat. Dunno if the logic thing would be easy to implement either.

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 26, 19:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Logical sims? whatever next !  Where would be the fun in that, I wonder? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 26, 21:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly having high charisma means Sims are more likely to laugh at their jokes, but it seems Sims always laugh at jokes. Also high charisma is supposed to help with schmoozing in the Headmaster scenario.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 26, 22:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also makes them better freestylers!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 27, 01:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second one would be for social skills, at one end being very sucessful at making friends, flirting, positive influence on job promotions. etc. On the other end you would have those poor social misfits that nobody wants to hang out with because they are boring, or always saying the wrong thing, or just too stupid for word (see above)
Mean sims are better at making friends: Nice sims tend to develop an inflated opinion of the other sim, then they start to get pushy and aggressive and get rejected, which pushes a lagging relationship down faster. With nice sims, you might be up to 100 and STILL not be friends because the other sim is lagging by 60 points. Mean sims, on the other hand, don't tend to have this problem since they most likely are the one lagging. Plus when mean sims go and piss people off, you can tell they're at least trying.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 27, 04:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might have a valid point there! So far in my hood JM has more friends than other,  nicer sims, or is that onlyt because he's been there longest? Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 27, 06:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But why, just recently, have I noticed mean sims crying when they get shoved or poked?  And yet I had a sweet little Cancer teen, nice points around 7, who could fall out with another sim in a big way, and never turn a hair?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 27, 08:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but it seems Sims always laugh at jokes.

I thought it was kinda dumb with dirty jokes and shy (and serious?) sims. The ones being told the dirty joke would cheer and clap but then get the double negative signs over their head. Huh??? Roll Eyes
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 27, 11:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you accidently get rid of 'nocrybabies' ZZ?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 27, 13:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have it!   But my mean sims never used to cry, they'd just wait, rubbing their hands together, until the other one finished crying!

The only thing I can think of is that Kane is not as mean as his personality would make him appear!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 27, 21:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their normal IQ is 100.  Toddlers who are given smart milk go up to 300, which means you can potty train them etc in double quick time.  If you give smart milk just before they transition to child, then the effect can stick for some time, which means that the child can reach a high skill level in a very short time.  The debugger allows you to recreate that effect with older sims.

I have found that my toddlers keep the "stuck smart milk" all the time now.  I've been checking with the "test IQ" function of the lot debugger and they only need one bottle.  I give them one when they become a toddler, teach them to walk, talk, and potty train them, and they keep the smart milk IQ of 300 until they move out of the house to go to UNI.  I never put a thinking cap on them until then.  That's why I started having them get as close to max on charisma as a toddler, because they can usually max out logic and creativity and come close on the rest, depending on what career rewards are in the house and their personality traits, when they are children/teens.

And if they had the smart milk stuck, which they do 99% of the time, and I move the family to a bigger house, I'll use the debugger to give it back to them because they lose it when they move.  It doesn't seem fair that they should lose IQ just because the family moves!  However, I find it amusing that their IQ goes down when they go to college.  Seems kinda true to life, somehow...

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 27, 21:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim kids have been losing their stuck smart milk sometime during childhood, although I haven't had anyone age since installing the patch.  I guess I'll have to see what happens then.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 27, 22:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'd agree it normally goes during childhood, usually unless they transition on friday, they get to get their A+ first but if they don't have school for the whole weekend, then they have to work a bit harder come Monday morning!  Now, in Sims1, you could have them study for school at the weekend and they'd get A+ straight away - sometimes even before going to school!  (They'd even get the 100 simoleons, which was useful if the family was poor!)

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 28, 03:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kids keep the smart milk through their teens, and this was pre-NLP2.  When JM put the test IQ on the lot debugger, I started checking their IQs all the time.  Only one kid lost his sometime around the time he transitioned into a teen, and I've probably had 20 kids to test since the lot debugger was improved.  And that poor kid was a twin, and his twin kept the smart milk!

I don't know if it started after the first patch or before, but I remember that the smart milk bug was supposed to be fixed with that patch, and it was after the first patch that I noticed my kids were learning faster.  So this generation has built their skills a lot higher than the previous 2 gens did.  I have one student at UNI who has all her skills maxed, and she's perma-plat already.  I don't usually try to build them that high that fast, as I did that once before and the sim was pretty boring to play after that.  This girl is now a senior, so when she gets home I guess I'll have her work on meditation and teaching her kids skills.  Right now she teaches the other students in her dorm so they learn faster.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 28, 05:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the interesting thing is that, if you don't push sims to learn skills they don't need, then a romance sim will almost always max at least a couple of skills while a Knowledge sim is still stargazing every night!  Cleaning is such a slow skill to get unless they are cops and get the scanner!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: