More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:35:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mom can't get toddler out of crib (and other probs)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mom can't get toddler out of crib (and other probs)  (Read 3362 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Mom can't get toddler out of crib (and other probs)
« on: 2005 August 26, 09:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem one other time but didn't think much of it.  But now it's happening again, and it's a big problem.  I am using the baby controller, and when Mom tries to get the kid out of the kid, she just stands there, and he just stands there crying, and they both wait.  I try to cancel the action, but it won't go away and they remain locked in position.  She will move around and stretch and act bored, but she acts like she is waiting for him to get in the proper position, but it never happens.  The only way out is move objects or force error.  Of course this resets the "smart milk" bit and she has to go make smart milk for him.  But she cannot give it to him.  This causes a problem as well, and I have to reset them.  This boy has a twin sister, and once she got two doses of smart milk one behind the other because she drank his smart milk too.  She had an IQ of 360!  Dad and teen twin brothers (thanks to twojeffs twins and trips hack) had no problems getting him out of his crib or feeding him smart milk.  I reset the toddler, I reset the mom, I bought new cribs, but it didn't help.  So I thought if I could let the others take care of the kid until they grew up, the problem would not be an issue any longer.  He grew up with his smart milk bit intact.  Now he and his sister are skilling on the cleaning guns (two different ones) and Dad and daughter are doing fine.  But Mom and son are frozen in place, just like with the crib, and neither will move even after cancelling their queues.  I can force an error on mom, the son, or the gun, and it will break them up, but the side effect of this is that he loses his smart bit.  This is annoying because he will be severely handicapped compared to his sister in gaining skills.  But my main concern is why is this happening?  Is it a problem with Mom or the son?  Does she not like her son?   Roll Eyes  I'm being sarcastic, of course, as they are 100/100 and best friends.  This has me stumped.  Any ideas, O Awesome One?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Mom can't get toddler out of crib (and other probs)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 26, 10:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried removing all the baby related hacks to see if things normalize?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 26, 10:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I didn't try that.  Since he's a child now, it would be hard to test, but she still can't train him on the scanner, so maybe I could try that at least.  But I am afraid this will happen again since this is the second time I've had the problem with someone not being able to get a toddler out of the crib.  The other time was in a different neighborhood, but I had chalked that up to my editing the family tree and moving this sim into the house to help with the toddlers.  But I hadn't done anything like this with this one. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 26, 11:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving someone in to help shouldn't cause problems once the toddler has met the new sim and accepts them, then the new sim should be able to do everything that parents and siblings can.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 26, 11:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was an issue with the baby controller because she would just stand there even when the babies needed attention, and making her family seemed to fix it.  But that is not the issue here.  I am going to try restoring yesterday's backup and see if the problem occurs (with my current neighborhoods in a safe place, of course. Smiley)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 26, 11:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, good luck!  I don't use the baby controller, my sims usually only get to have one now, so I expect them to manage that without help!  I only moved Lilith in because twins are a bit much with only two parents, and it would also have meant Allegra giving up her job since neither she or Castor had any spare vacation days, only the 3 for the baby!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: