More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 09:59:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  substituting default pets with my own creations
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: substituting default pets with my own creations  (Read 23147 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: substituting default pets with my own creations
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 19, 16:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mmm - I'm not sure that's it - maybe American English version of the game?  I got 'name this breed' too but then I'm English and my version of the game was made for the UK.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 19, 18:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay JMP! I'll get the new one then, some random strays have been spawning in all my hoods and it's upsetting me Cry (This is still pre-Seasons, too, and one definitely unplayed neighbourhood has grown them without my playing it, and with empty templates correctly installed. It didn't have a single character file the other week. :S)

I'm also using the UK English version - perhaps I should have stated that earlier. (I really don't see why all this trouble has to come about when it's simply US/UK versions - they don't even change it to 'neighbourhood', I had to download something from MTS2 to do that. Sad Other languages I can sort of understand.)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 21, 23:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is interesting about the names of the breeds not showing up in non-USA English games. I had no option, of course, because they were just saved in the game format for my language. Maybe breeds saved in UK English would not show up with names in my game, either. You would think they would all be coded for all languages. MaxisEA, MaxisEA, the shortcuts you took ....  (shakes head)

For every King, there is a Queen ....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 22, 02:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has something to do with the language you play the game in. I play in french and I have downloaded some of amjoie breeds and they are named something like "nommez cette race...." ("name this breed"). Looking in Simpe I found that the real name appear only in the English field, all the other languages are filled with the same phrase...
Yeah, non-USE fields may be filled with garbage. Delete all the other languages and the game should default back to the correct field.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: