More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 08:20:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom made objects and Maxis made shelfs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom made objects and Maxis made shelfs  (Read 8559 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Custom made objects and Maxis made shelfs
« on: 2006 March 10, 13:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found this on MTS2. I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment on it one way or the other. I know some people have issues with maxis' programming of not letting custom objects occupy shelf space, so this might help. Numenor is a trustworthy modder, I use some of his stuff and have no problems with them.

It's one of the 'no cheaty' hacks (Motoki should be pleased Grin). Custom objects should be allowed on shelves in the first place. It is however, a global hack, so be careful. On the other hand, you can always take it out if it drives you or your game insane. Wintermutei says that it will not mess up the game, for what it's worth. Some others have tried it out and found it works perfectly without making a mess or creating a BFBVOS. No one has reported a big problem with it, the only on that was found is mentioned on the download page by Numenor, and it's a simple problem with a simple work-around. (Just trying to save you having to go through boat-loads of gushy replies and just reporting those worthwhile).

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=137561

I'll try it out myself later when I can play the game for a while.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Custom made objects and Maxis made shelfs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 14:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was some discussion of this hack a couple of days ago:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3337.msg98773#msg98773
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 14:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See now, I searched around here first so I wouldn't double post anything and it never came up. Oh well, maybe this one is easier to find for people. I wish I had seen your post, I could've downloaded it and tried it out already.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 14:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with that mod is that it may cause godknowswhat to happen by arbitrarily fiddling with that on all objects everywhere. It works, but it's an extremely unclean solution to doing it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 14:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for checking that JM. Hopefully it can be worked into a cleaner solution, meanwhile I guess the custom objects in my regular hoods will stay on counters (darn it). I'll try the global hack on my old computer in my test 'hoods. I'll play for a while and see if it explodes (or implodes) the game after some time-duration. It really bugs me that you can't put custom objects on the shelves. Maybe some talented person can make replacement shelves that do hold custom objects. Then we can use those instead of the maxis shipped shelves in our stores.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 14:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing you can easily do is simply re-clone the OBJD from the original object the cloned object was cloned from. That will copy all the new attributes necessary to host an object on the shelf, as well as the unknown attributes that we currently don't know what they do, but were changed, so MUST BE IMPORTANT SOMEHOW.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 10, 14:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using it without problem so far *crosses fingers* but I really don't like that it globally changes *everything*

I may take it out. I'll see.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 10, 14:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Just trying to save you having to go through boat-loads of gushy replies and just reporting those worthwhile).

Thanks.  Now can you do this for all the other posts on MTS2 as well? I'm allergic to gush   Roll Eyes
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 15:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so hoping you would respond, Motoki. JM's suggestion sounds logical, but I have not progressed in altering objects this far yet. I learn by trial and error (lots of error) in SimPe, and I use only my test game. I know the object workshop is still operational in SimPe, but I haven't progressed to re-cloning yet. I wish I had more time (read: patience) to mess around and try things out, but you are good at things like that. It sounds silly to me that the shelves can't be forced to hold custom objects when the counters can.

LOL Angelyne. Sorry, not today, I'm out of allergy lotion, used it all up this morning. I know exactly what you mean though.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 15:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing you can easily do is simply re-clone the OBJD from the original object the cloned object was cloned from. That will copy all the new attributes necessary to host an object on the shelf, as well as the unknown attributes that we currently don't know what they do, but were changed, so MUST BE IMPORTANT SOMEHOW.

Think there could somehow be made an awesome tutorial on how to do such things, for us.... Lets say SimPE impaired non-awesome lipless creatures that lurk in the dark corners of this place? One taht, seing as how we are simPE impaired, would contain a lot of images, big red arrows, and step by step tutes?

*sneaks back to her corner and puts on the dunce hat*

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 19:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think there could somehow be made an awesome tutorial on how to do such things, for us.... Lets say SimPE impaired non-awesome lipless creatures that lurk in the dark corners of this place? One taht, seing as how we are simPE impaired, would contain a lot of images, big red arrows, and step by step tutes?

*sneaks back to her corner and puts on the dunce hat*
I second that!
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 19:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using it on a business lot.  Ocassionally the out of stock sign will be missing from the shelf and sitting on the corner of the lot. Many times more than one item. That is the only issue I've run across thus far.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 20:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using it on a business lot.  Ocassionally the out of stock sign will be missing from the shelf and sitting on the corner of the lot. Many times more than one item. That is the only issue I've run across thus far.

I got the same problem when I used the MORE version of the hack. Rebuying the items should apparently fix the problem, though. I'm going to try the LESS version next.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 11, 01:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I downloaded that last night, haven't really got a chance to try it out yet   Even that one issue seems pretty annoying.  I might just take it out.  Not a huge deal after all, although I would like to see it fixed.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 11, 07:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a simple Way to make custom objects sit on displays. Original Numenor :
Maxis started to use a previously unused data field in the Object Data:the data field 0x004F -  [Unused - Shadow Brightness (Sims1). I've noticed that almost all the existing objects, before OFB, had this field set to zero or 0x96; while in OFB the objects have a value of 0x2 (small objects), 0x1 (medium objects) and 0x00 (large objects)..... Alter this to the described numbers and your custom objects will sit on displays und get restocked without probs. Have done it and it works.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 11, 08:02:07 by Havelock » Logged
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 11, 10:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem beofre I installed that hack! May be yet more weird built in bugginess.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 11, 17:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Havelock, I'll try that. I have a boatload of custom objects, especially plants, so it'll be a long-time project. But better than nothing.

I tried the Numenor mod, but I started having random crashes to desk-top. The ever popular "the application has crashed and must close" or something to that effect. I can't say for sure that it is the mod, but it didn't happen before installing and it doesn't happen any more. Could be that the mod is just having an issue with another mod and would be fine by itself... *shrug*
I have JM's, TJ's, Inge's, and some of the non-autonomous mods by Monique (bless her heart) that are not covered by the MATY engineers, and they are staying in. If a mod can't play nice with theirs, the mod must go ;)

Oh well, that's what a test-hood is for, no?

By the way Renatus, did I see some pictures of yours on DeviantArt, or was I hallucinating. I seem to remember seeing a Snow-Fairie (very beautiful) and Bob's discount limb sale (I think that's what it was called) with your name on it.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 11, 21:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, veilchen, those are mine. I have the same username there as I do here (and just about everywhere) Cheesy "Sale at Bob's Corpse Emporium." I wonder who I'd have to suck up to to get someone to make me assorted body parts so I could have that business in TS2.  Grin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: