More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 17:15:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Be cashier" doesn't?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Be cashier" doesn't?  (Read 9304 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
"Be cashier" doesn't?
« on: 2006 March 07, 22:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had problems getting anyone to check people out when they have been clicked and told to "be cashier".  They will indeed stand in front of the cash register patiently, but when people queue up to pay, nothing happens unless I manually click the register, select "Ring up these customers" and cancel out the "be cashier" option.  Since I am too cheap to buy  the Prima guide, is there something I'm missing?  Doesn't "be cashier" include the command to ring up people who are waiting?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: "Be cashier" doesn't?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 22:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to be patient and give them a few seconds to start ringing up the customers. My cashiers will just stand there for a few seconds before deciding to ring them up.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 23:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just like real life!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 23:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, mine take a lifetime to instigate a check-out (register) as well.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 08, 14:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, but they WILL eventually do it, is what you're saying?  The last time I was patient, a customer waited about... oh... 5 real seconds and threw down her bag and stormed off.  Also, what happens to the stuff from their bags when they throw them down?  Do the items disappear or get reshelved?  I was so busy trying to look everywhere, I didn't notice what she had put in her bag.

C

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 08, 14:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They will eventually do it, they take even longer if their register badge is low.  I'm still not sure about the thrown down bags, you can sell them for 100 though.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 08, 17:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I broke down and used the boolprop cheat to give my sim a silver badge.  Previously I was using my teenaged daughter for a cashier, but I had to send her off to college.  My cash flow was too poor to hire an employee.  That left only my totally unskilled husband (I'm a doctor not a cashier damnit!).  It just wasn't possible to run a cash in a level 8 business with an unskilled cashier.  I would have lost all my customers.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 08, 17:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dissagree. I think there is a bug. I had a sim with a gold register badge standing there with her arms crossed for a very long time before the cust threw down his bags. I had to cancel her out of it, it took a while to cancel, and re assign her.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 08, 17:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dissagree. I think there is a bug. I had a sim with a gold register badge standing there with her arms crossed for a very long time before the cust threw down his bags. I had to cancel her out of it, it took a while to cancel, and re assign her.

The time the thrown down bags happened, I had my servo with a Gold register badge.  She didn't ring anyone up until I cancelled "be cashier" and clicked on "ring up these customers"

C

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 08, 17:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Ring up these customers" seems to start a bit faster for me (although "be cashier" is working in my game) so I'm mostly using that. I'm only using be cashier to keep my sim from running off and doing something else (silly sim) when I want her to wait a bit before trying another sales interaction on someone. If there's someone actually IN line before you've told them to work, I think you're much better off using "ring up". If they've already been told to 'be cashier' before a customer got there, and they still aren't ringing them up, I think that's a glitch or bug or something.

Unsouper
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 08, 17:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with the glitch(or hack conflict).  I had a cashier that was working great then one customer came and she just stood there--by the time I teleported someone in to relieve her it was too late $15K on the floor.  I think the customer's needs desperation might determine the amount of time they will wait--sure ain't long!  Man, most stores would be out of business if we had sim patience.  I keep the snapdragons in back of the register to help out the cashier.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 09, 12:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed any problems with the "be cashier" option, no prolonged waiting periods or anything.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 09, 12:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cashiers seem to behave themselves for me too, even those with no badges, skills etc
i have even kept sims waiting at tills without the bag throwing tantrum, but a few black clouds do ensue sometimes, but they still pay up and sometimes go back to the shelves for more crap goods and service (i am a  brit after all )
could be why none of my businesses are shit hot though Cheesy
Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 09, 14:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem too.  If the sim has "be cashier" as the only thing in their queue, they'll stand there like idiots before grudgingly starting to tap the cash register keys.  If I select "ring up these customers", it queues after "be cashier", but they start actually being a cashier more quickly.  This happens no matter what level the badge is.  The odd thing is that I'm almost certain I wasn't having this problem the first day I played.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 09, 15:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem too.  If the sim has "be cashier" as the only thing in their queue, they'll stand there like idiots before grudgingly starting to tap the cash register keys.  If I select "ring up these customers", it queues after "be cashier", but they start actually being a cashier more quickly.  This happens no matter what level the badge is.  The odd thing is that I'm almost certain I wasn't having this problem the first day I played.

smells like a hack conflict, doesn't it?  I'm going to have to try removing my hack folder and trying again.  Has anyone else experiencing this problem tried that yet?

C

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 09, 15:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now I only have a few hacks. The phone hack, food hacks by twojeffs, and possibly the no work clothes on community lots.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 09, 22:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm not convinced it's a hack conflict. i've had no probs and i have many hacks
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 09, 22:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have absolutely no hacks in my game and can't get "be cashier" to work. They just stand there and do nothing. When I tell them to "ring up customers", they start immediately.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 09, 23:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm many Hacks no Probs with be cashier in my Game. My Cashier has only a bronce Badge but highest Level of Logik. She need some Time to start ring up the Customers  but it works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: