More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:23:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My cowplant is too fussy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My cowplant is too fussy  (Read 2901 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
My cowplant is too fussy
« on: 2008 September 06, 19:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running with Pescado's darwincowplant hack but my cowplant is refusing to eat anybody despite some really determined efforts by certain sims. Instead of chomp I get the grab, snuffle sequence. I was wondering:

- does the hack let the sim try for the cake then determine whether the sim gets eaten?
 - or does it prevent certain sims from going for the cake in the first place?

I know that the cowplant will not eat sims with low hygiene but even after a good long soak in the hot tub it still won't bite. Now the only thing with the sims in my MATY Inverted 'hood is that, apart from NPCs, they're either playables or townified playables. Is this going to make that much of a difference?

coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: My cowplant is too fussy
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 07, 07:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A search on the forums suggests that the hack only allows Sims with low logic to try to grab the cake. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 07, 07:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The grab/snuffle is caused by something else. Darwin won't even let the inapplicable sim autonomously attempt it, so if they're trying, and the cowplant is rejecting them, perhaps it's because your sims are inedible or smell like pee?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 07, 14:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a dig through the cowplant BHAVS/BCONS and I think I'm going to have to put it down to the RNG hating me/loving my sims. I can only find a straight 50% chance of a tease (snuffle) each time the sim grabs. The hygiene test is in BHAV Group 0x7F9FDDF5 Grab Cake - Just Sniff? and it looks like it just checks that motive water / hygiene < 0xFFB5 (BCON 0x1003:0x06). That value is pretty meaningless to me as I've no idea what the min/max hygiene values are and the lot debugger info ranges from +/-100. (I assume the lot debugger display was done to make the value meaningful.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: