More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:13:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Can't replace with newer version of AM
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't replace with newer version of AM  (Read 10206 times)
Instance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can't replace with newer version of AM
« on: 2010 July 28, 01:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I keep getting the message saying that AM has expired and I need to get the newer version...
I have the new version (4.2) and I put it in the package folder, overwriting the old one and I installed it with Delphies thinger.
My framework is all perfect, so I don't get why I am still getting this message.

Any help?

"And the seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued."
--Edgar Allan Poe, "The Conqueror Wurm"
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't replace with newer version of AM
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 28, 02:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're getting the fucking message because you don't have the newest damn version you moron.
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 28, 02:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2 VERSION" refers to the game patches, not AM.

As Claeric pointed out, since you're still getting the message, you obviously need to download the newest AM.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 28, 03:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have it still in the old file place (in Program Files), try putting it in the new one, in My Docs.
Instance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 28, 03:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the new one, but I guess I will try and download again. And I never had it in program files, always in the documents.

In human gore imbued."
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 28, 07:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the new one, but I guess I will try and download again. And I never had it in program files, always in the documents.

If you had the new version, you wouldn't be getting the warning dickhead.  Try clearing your browser cache and re-download, your browser may be giving you an old cached version to make the download faster.

Also do a search on your system and make sure you don't have an old version somewhere it shouldn't be.

Next time, try a fucking search of the site as this has been addressed so many time because of fuckwits who can't get it right.

I just booted the game with the latest version, to check it out, and it works perfectly, and no expiry message, therefore YOU have fucked up.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 28, 09:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're getting the fucking message because you don't have the newest damn version you moron.

Ah, classic shouty voleism right there. Shouldn't you be off screwing your step son or something, Malvole-io?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 28, 17:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, classic shouty voleism right there. Shouldn't you be off screwing your step son or something, Malvole-io?

Years later, people asked each other, "What were you doing The Day Soozel Won the Internetz?"

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 31, 14:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hate to chime in here but I've searched and done everything suggested and I am still getting the awsomemod expired message.

I've cleared my browser cache and re-downloaded.
I've searched for the file to make sure it's not where it shouldn't be.
I moved the whole mod setup to the new place in my documents.
I've remembered each and every time I loaded the game to delete the cache files in my documents.

I still get the expired message. Every. Single. Time.

I have no idea what is wrong.

Edit: Okay solved. I have no idea HOW it happened but my computer was set for August 31 instead of July 31. Clearly user error - feel free to mock me. I deserve it.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 31, 14:18:17 by cassblonde » Logged

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Instance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 31, 17:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you had the new version, you wouldn't be getting the warning dickhead.  Try clearing your browser cache and re-download, your browser may be giving you an old cached version to make the download faster.

Also do a search on your system and make sure you don't have an old version somewhere it shouldn't be.

Next time, try a fucking search of the site as this has been addressed so many time because of fuckwits who can't get it right.

I just booted the game with the latest version, to check it out, and it works perfectly, and no expiry message, therefore YOU have fucked up.
No shit I have fucked up, I didn't say I didn't. So I came here to find some answers. God it must be your PMS time of the month.

Turns out I didn't install it again with Delphy's mod installer thing. I thought I know I did but maybe that was with the old one.. I don't know.

BTW, don't forget your tampon.

In human gore imbued."
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 31, 17:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No shit I have fucked up, I didn't say I didn't. So I came here to find some answers. God it must be your PMS time of the month.

Turns out I didn't install it again with Delphy's mod installer thing. I thought I know I did but maybe that was with the old one.. I don't know.

Whee! I get to tick off the "misogyny" box of my retardoh card. Care to add anything else - I've almost got a win here.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 31, 17:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo asswad. You don't need Delphy's installer to install the damned thing. That's only for clueless tards who can't figure out how to do it on their own and need some program to hold their hand and do everything for them.

For the record, that Monkey Installer has also been discontinued and does not the support the new officially EA sanctioned method to install mods. That method consists of 3 steps,

1) Under /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ create a Mods directory and under that a Packages directory (you can create further subdirectories if you wish).

[This next step is where most tards fuck up]

2) Create a new resource.cfg in the Mods folder with the correct paths not referencing that folder or download one that explicitly states it is for the new version.

3) Place (the latest, duh) Awesomemod  /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/ (or a subdirectory).

You're done.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 31, 17:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, to be fair, if it needs to use Delphytool and then FAILS at using it, all of this "advanced tech talk" is probably completely wasted on it.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Instance
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 31, 20:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo asswad. You don't need Delphy's installer to install the damned thing. That's only for clueless tards who can't figure out how to do it on their own and need some program to hold their hand and do everything for them.

For the record, that Monkey Installer has also been discontinued and does not the support the new officially EA sanctioned method to install mods. That method consists of 3 steps,

1) Under /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ create a Mods directory and under that a Packages directory (you can create further subdirectories if you wish).

[This next step is where most tards fuck up]

2) Create a new resource.cfg in the Mods folder with the correct paths not referencing that folder or download one that explicitly states it is for the new version.

3) Place (the latest, duh) Awesomemod  /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/ (or a subdirectory).

You're done.

Yea, that is where I did fuck up. I did not know that I have to create a new resource.cfg, and I thought that moneky installer was still needed :/

Other than that I did do everything else right. Dipshit over here coulda stated that but looks like he decided not to.

In human gore imbued."
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 31, 21:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that you did everything wrong, you did it right?

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 31, 23:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could have double and triple checked http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html like I did. I knew for certain before I posted there was nothing wrong with my framework but I moved it all anyway just in case. In my case no one could have guessed why I kept getting the expired message since I clearly have a ghost in my machine and fail at reading dates correctly.

You got attitude because you failed to do everything you could to help yourself. MATY doesn't do hand holding.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: