More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 19:10:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How much will I mess up my game by doing this? :(
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How much will I mess up my game by doing this? :(  (Read 3605 times)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
How much will I mess up my game by doing this? :(
« on: 2007 October 21, 21:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a neighborhood I created that truly sucks.  Undecided

It has ugly houses, I messed up Bluewater bad, it has unlikable and ugly sims, ugly and nearly totally unusable mountain-y terrain and overall awful ness.  Angry

However, it has one sim I really like. Her name is Catherine and she's like the last surving sim of a big family, she's generation 5. The only family member's she has are her Grandfather Douglas (nice, good looking, looks just like a male version of Catherine) and her brother Karl. (mean, ugly, lives with grandfather)

Otherwise, she only has about one friend and her boyfriend.

But my question is...let's say I make her marry and move in her boyfriend, kill Karl and then move in Douglas, and then I *GASP* *GASP* move their house into the lot bin and then put them into another neighborhood, how much will I mess up my game?  Cry

I really hate everyone in the neighborhood besides Catherine and Douglas, and I want to delete the neighborhood, but I want to keep them  Sad

So... Huh
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: How much will I mess up my game by doing this? :(
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 21, 22:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving occupied houses is a big no no, as you probably already suspect, otherwise you wouldn't be asking.

Just wait until SimPE is made compatible with the latest EP, and use Sims Surgery to export a copy of the sims you like in new neighborhood.  That's totally safe.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 21, 22:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if knowitall doesn't have BV, then that's the way to go now.  Just check their files in SimPE, write down all the relevant stuff like character, personality, skill points, interests and memories not associated with the sims you aren't taking with them etc., then clone them.  After you've loaded them into the new hood, go back to SimPE and edit the files.  The sims thus created will not be truly identical, I don't think, but they'll be pretty near.

The only other suggestion I have is that you do what you suggest, having moved Karl out first.  Then, package the lot to a file and install it in a new, empty neighbourhood temporarily.  Clean up the memories and relationships of the remaining sims in SimPE and then move the family to a new lot, package that to a file and then try moving them into your new hood, before you move anyone else in, and check that everything works.  (You can then delete the empty hood you created for them if you want.)  If you use SarahMK's clean templates so there are absolutely no other character files in your game, there should be no problem with duplicate character file numbers etc. causing them to gain odd SWAFs and DNA, and you can create any townies you want afterwards.  The game will automatically create new NPCs and townies unless you install  JM's no regeneration and anti-redundancy hacks, so you can either go with the game or do it yourself.  If you use anti-redundancy, you will only get one maid, one nanny, etc. which does cut down the number of character files in your game.

I don't think that doing it this way would be a complete no-no, and if you do find it gives you problems, then you can always clone them before you ditch them altogether.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 21, 22:38:26 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 22, 07:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely forget about the lot bin.  It is vaugely possible to extract one sim or a group of sims, and clean up their relationships with simPE, but it is a LOT of work, and there's a lot of things that need to be cleaned out, and if you want to keep the family tree, you'll have to clean every sim on the tree.
Unless you are very attached to the sim; don't even think about it.
It's a lot better to do something along the lines of what Zeph said: clone and re-build memories and skills in SimPE.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 22, 15:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you need help on how to clone sims, refer to this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8407.0.html

As was mentioned, note down any characteristics of your sim (skill levels, personality characteristics, etc.).  I always note down the sim's voice number as well (need SimPE for this).

I find it annoying when I do a more-or-less exact clone of a sim, plant the new sim in the new hood, and suddenly they have a different voice, and different expressions ("Abaladabijay!", being one of the worst offenders.).  Editing the voice in SimPE makes the clone much more like the original, in my experience (although others suggest that there are really only a few sim voices anyway, so it may be partly in my imagination).

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 22, 21:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the abaladabijay voice - just wish it wasn't quite so rare!  Thanks for mentioning that, though, jolrei, I'd completely forgotten to mention it.

Do you think it might also be necessary to copy their original DNA, as I tend to think that when you make a clone, they don't have the same DNA and therefore are never exactly the same - close, but not exact.

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 22, 23:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Copying the DNA is a good point.  Sims created in CAS are homozygous.  They have both recessive and dominant traits set to the same thing.  So they are identical to your original sims, but they might not produce exactly the same children.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: