More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 05:06:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV clothes without the gay backpacks?  (Read 26641 times)
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: BV clothes without the gay backpacks?
« Reply #50 on: 2008 April 18, 16:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've nothing against homosexuals
"I don't have anything against homosexuality, as long as your not shoving it down my throat."
--- Richard Belzer

Try saying "fabulous" instead of "gay".
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 18, 16:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't mind the hiking clothes with backpacks.  I just don't like them as everyday wear in the main 'hood.  On holiday, they are fine.

Me too. I gave these outfits only to Vacation Tourists for easier identification. I'm still in the slow process of customizing Vacation locals and tourists spawned with random clothes.

Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 19, 01:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've nothing against homosexuals nor does my sister (she calls herself a fag-hag, whatever that is) [snip]
Means she befriends gay men.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 19, 02:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've nothing against homosexuals nor does my sister (she calls herself a fag-hag, whatever that is), but we say 'fruity' instead of 'gay'. Like, green pants and pink shirts. Or the backpacks. That's fruitalicious.
That's because two different sentiments are being expressed here: "Fruity" covers things that are in the manner of a homosexual. A quality judgement is not applied. "Gay" as applied to a negative assessment of worth derives from the same derivation as "sucks" and "blows". Also, Jelenedra is the new gay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 19, 07:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liveangel: So do I, but why on earth does that have a label? Undecided Asking her made no sense - apparently I'm a nerd and I don't know anything about pop culture. Hur.

That's because two different sentiments are being expressed here: "Fruity" covers things that are in the manner of a homosexual. A quality judgement is not applied. "Gay" as applied to a negative assessment of worth derives from the same derivation as "sucks" and "blows". Also, Jelenedra is the new gay.

Oh. Okay. Tongue But then we call girl-stuff fruity, too. We use it to imply negativity, like an in-language thing. But I do understand your point.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 19, 09:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bumbags are really stupid...they just don't look right.
Where I am in the world (GB) everyone under 18 uses "gay" to describe something they don't like. Except me. I don't like it. It makes you sound homophobic. I cringe every time I hear the Year 12s call something gay.

Have you considered fighting fire with fire? In high school, I had a similar issue with everything being called "Jelendra" and began laughing every time I heard someone say "that's SO Jelendra". When asked why I was laughing, I told them I'd never quite realized just how "Jelendra" THEY were. Usually shuts 'em up for at least a couple hours. If they continue, comments about how WELL they recognize "Jelendra" culture, etc follow. Like Pavlov's dogs, they eventually cut themselves off from the term around me. I don't care how they talk when I'm not there to hear it, but I do object to it when I'm chatting with them.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 April 22, 23:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i didn't undrestand... at thend just to stay on the topic...
there is, a tool to edit the wardrobe, so i could sort / hide / remove, from everyday wardrobe, the idiot-eaxis-cloth ?  Roll Eyes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 April 23, 18:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is, a tool to edit the wardrobe, so i could sort / hide / remove, from everyday wardrobe, the idiot-eaxis-cloth ?  Roll Eyes

SimPE.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: