More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 05:58:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnant Sims & cars. Also: exercise equipment no work-y.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnant Sims & cars. Also: exercise equipment no work-y.  (Read 4888 times)
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Pregnant Sims & cars. Also: exercise equipment no work-y.
« on: 2006 December 08, 15:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why, exactly, Maxis decided that pregnant Sims should be confined to the home at all times like invalids, but it drives me nuts.  I don't need her to go bowling at a community lot, but it would be really nice if she could take her kid to school.  Does anyone know of any hacks that allow this?  I just started Legacy, and I plan to have my matriarch pop out quite a few kids, so she's probably going to be pregnant 90% of the time.  Also, seriously, Maxis, WTF.  I know it's great that the game allows for such ridiculously long maternity/family time, but in real life women can and often do work while pregnant.  They can also drive cars.  Sheesh.  (Also, obviously, I'm playing a modified Legacy, because the game just isn't enjoyable without mods to make the Sims less stupid.)

Also, my Legacy matriarch can't use exercise equipment when she's not pregnant.  The equipment works fine -- everyone else can use it -- but she can't.  My guess is that she has some sort of phantom pregnancy, where the game thinks she is but she isn't.  (Or maybe I think this because I've been read all of rohina's Legacy stories this week and she had a phantom pregnancy problem.)  Any solutions?  Deleting her didn't do it. 

Also-also (and off-topic), why is the rolleyes icon replaced by a drawing by Klio? (http://10kd.outsidefood.com/)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Pregnant Sims & cars. Also: exercise equipment no work-y.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 08, 15:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Merope  Cheesy

I'm not sure why, exactly, Maxis decided that pregnant Sims should be confined to the home at all times like invalids, but it drives me nuts.  I don't need her to go bowling at a community lot, but it would be really nice if she could take her kid to school.  Does anyone know of any hacks that allow this?

You can try this hack out by cathair2005. It's over at MTS2. I'm not sure if it is up to date for Pets... let me know if it works. If it doesn't, I could probably email him and see if he has plans on updating it.

Also, my Legacy matriarch can't use exercise equipment when she's not pregnant.  The equipment works fine -- everyone else can use it -- but she can't.  My guess is that she has some sort of phantom pregnancy, where the game thinks she is but she isn't.  (Or maybe I think this because I've been read all of rohina's Legacy stories this week and she had a phantom pregnancy problem.)  Any solutions?  Deleting her didn't do it. 

You could try installing the InSimenator which has various features that can let you check the pregnancy. I'm not sure... but I think twojeffs' ACR hack might also allow that. At least you can find out for sure whether your sim is actually pregnant, and perhaps the pregnancy is stuck due to a missing pregnancy controller... or if she is is not actually pregnant, but the pregnancy controller is stuck instead. I would also check things out by placing an ffslotdebugger and clicking on it to see if any options show up to fix or reset pregnancy or what not. That thing is just a nifty jack of all trades fix-it tool and is pretty much a must have on every lot. If there are no separate options... you can try using the reset everything/force error on everything option. If that doesn't work... then I would move family household out of the house to the simbin and back... or to a different lot. If that doesn't work... a last resort would be to turn on debug mode and force an error on the phantom preggers sim. Then post the error log in the Oops... I Broke It forum, and maybe someone more knowledgeable can take a look at it and help you out. Undecided

Also-also (and off-topic), why is the rolleyes icon replaced by a drawing by Klio? (http://10kd.outsidefood.com/)

Who, what what? Where? You mean this ---> Roll Eyes It works for me... I think? Huh Yeah... I just previewed, and I can see the rolling eyes icon. Undecided

Ste

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 08, 15:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you do need to try to get an error log.  My Sims can drive their cars while pregnant.  I've had them go to community lots on dates, take the kid to school, and even go to work (although the car pool doesn't come).

Do you have any pregnancy related hacks?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 08, 16:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that fixed the weird non-pregnant pregnant sim was boolpropping her pregnant (because she couldn't try for baby). Pregnant sims can usually use the exercise stuffs, but they can't do yoga. Have you tried forcing an error on the exercise machine?

Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 08, 17:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you do need to try to get an error log.  My Sims can drive their cars while pregnant.  I've had them go to community lots on dates, take the kid to school, and even go to work (although the car pool doesn't come).

Do you have any pregnancy related hacks?
What!?  I got a message from Phoebe (the pregnant lady) saying, "Since I'm pregnant, I don't think I should be driving.  I am going to stay home and relax!" or something to that effect.  So it seemed like an actual, y'know, thing.  Not an error.  I am only running Uni and NL, though.  Maybe later EPs let pregnant ladies out in public?  She was only in her first "trimester" though, so it's not like she'd have the baby while hanging out downtown.  I do not have any preg hacks.

Quote from: rohina
Pregnant sims can usually use the exercise stuffs, but they can't do yoga. Have you tried forcing an error on the exercise machine?
Hm.  She can do yoga, but not use the weight machine.  I sold it and bought a treadmill, and she can't use that either, though her husband can.  I'll force an error when I get home.  Or I'll get her pregnant again, what the hell.  She needs to build up her body skill though: she's a Family Sim, so you can guess what her LTW is.   Roll Eyes

As for the rolleyes thing, uh.  My browser was all wonky.  It was importing a panel from one of my favorite web-comic artists and I was really confused.  It's better now.  God, I'm just full o' problems.  Mock me at will. 
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 08, 17:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think pregnant sims can drive (and go to community lots, and go to work) since OFB.
I have all EPs and SPs and my pregnant sims can drive.
Pioupiou
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 08, 18:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think pregnant sims can drive (and go to community lots, and go to work) since OFB.
I have all EPs and SPs and my pregnant sims can drive.
Pioupiou
Ah, so it's a NL thing.  Bah.  I didn't really want to get OFB, since I don't think it really adds anything to the game, and I'm hesitant to get Pets because I imagine it'll just make all my Sims want a damn pet all the time.  (Am I wrong in this?)  Thanks. 
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 08, 19:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, with the want fixes around here, it isn't too bad. Kids often want them, but that seems realistic. I have created some CAS sims since pets who have never once rolled up a desire for a pet.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 08, 20:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack called "getincarpregnant" that I have had since NL. I don't remember where I got it from, though. Is that now unnecessary?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 08, 20:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, with the want fixes around here, it isn't too bad. Kids often want them, but that seems realistic. I have created some CAS sims since pets who have never once rolled up a desire for a pet.
Hm.  It occurs to me that since I've downloaded all sorts of "Stopwantingthiscrap" hacks that I could just download that, too.  Maybe I will be heading out to the mall to pick up some Pets action.

... ew.  Not like that.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 08, 21:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack called "getincarpregnant" that I have had since NL. I don't remember where I got it from, though. Is that now unnecessary?

Yes!  At least if you have OFB.

The hack here stops sims from wanting pets unless they have a high interest in animals.  I'm told simkids often do...  which is also quite realistic.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 08, 21:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonworking exercise equipment is a quirky effect caused by bugged move-ins not properly setting the selectability bits, IIRC. Try seeing if "Fix Broken Selectableness" appears on the Lot Debugger. If not, try move-in/move-out on that particular sim using an Ingelogical shrub.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 08, 21:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonworking exercise equipment is a quirky effect caused by bugged move-ins not properly setting the selectability bits, IIRC. Try seeing if "Fix Broken Selectableness" appears on the Lot Debugger. If not, try move-in/move-out on that particular sim using an Ingelogical shrub.
I didn't see it--is it one of the options available only in debug mode?  (I am incredibly stupid when it comes to, well, everything.) 
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 08, 23:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What!?  I got a message from Phoebe (the pregnant lady) saying, "Since I'm pregnant, I don't think I should be driving.  I am going to stay home and relax!" or something to that effect.  So it seemed like an actual, y'know, thing.  Not an error.  I am only running Uni and NL, though.  Maybe later EPs let pregnant ladies out in public?  She was only in her first "trimester" though, so it's not like she'd have the baby while hanging out downtown.  I do not have any preg hacks.

Ahh... if you only have up to NL, then cathair2005's hack should definitely work for you. Afaik, it was made for NL, so your preggers sim should be able to use the car. That might be the hack that V was referring to. I don't have it myself, but I remember seeing it awhiles back.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: