More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 05:34:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hooboy... family startover/save family options?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hooboy... family startover/save family options?  (Read 3072 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Hooboy... family startover/save family options?
« on: 2006 October 07, 18:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just restarted playing Pleasantview, and already I've screwed up the Broke family.  I've played each simfamily for ten days, and all the rest of them are on track.  Can I start the Broke family over without displacing the rest or causing a BFBVFS?

Conversely, could I save individual families to plop into Pleasantview after I uninstall all/reinstall with Pets?  I'm asking you guys because I've grown weary of advice I've gotten on the BBS because they are totally heedless of any damage that could be caused by bits of SWAF and memory floating about...
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Hooboy... family startover/save family options?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 07, 18:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"screwed up?"  Define this a little better, as it's pretty hard to do anything with lasting consequences in this game.  If you're really bothered by a bout of suboptimal playing, it might be wiser to just cheat in what you think you should have than flush the whole thing.

If you actually want to paste a sim family in fresh, it's easy in theory.  "In theory", of course, ignores the immense amounts of note-taking and hassle you'll have to go through to either delete or splice every relationship, memory, and gossip.  Add in the X-factor the scenarios might cause, and it's wiser to either stick with what you might have or start the whole hood from scratch.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 07, 18:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh.  Suboptimal playing.  I just don't like the way they're turning out.  Guess I'll just nuke the neighborhood and start over.  Unfortunately, they had started a business, and I don't want to nuke all the memories of all the townies they encountered.

Thanks for confirming that it would be more trouble than it was worth to do this.  Smiley
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 10, 06:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question along similar lines.
I'm about to aquire a second hard drive and I'm wanting to move Sims 2 to the second drive. I'm hoping someone more tech savvy than me tell me the easiest way to do this without starting all my families again.

Stealing someone's ideas is plagiarism ......   Stealing everyones ideas is research.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 10, 07:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question along similar lines.
I'm about to aquire a second hard drive and I'm wanting to move Sims 2 to the second drive. I'm hoping someone more tech savvy than me tell me the easiest way to do this without starting all my families again.

Just move your My Documents folder to the new drive.  Right click on My Documents, set the new disk as target and say yes when it asks you if you want to move your old documents.  The game figures it out from there.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 10, 07:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, after doing this am I safe to Unistall Sims 2 from the C: drive and reinstall to the D: drive.
Sorry if this is an obvious question but I've never had a Gaming PC with 2 drives before.  Embarrassed

Stealing someone's ideas is plagiarism ......   Stealing everyones ideas is research.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 10, 08:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you just move your My Documents and keep the game where it is.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 10, 08:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay that sounds like a good idea. A quick scan has just told me that this would save me about 18Gb of HD space.  Shocked
Thanks for your help.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: