More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 15:29:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problems with Mission Seating Set
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problems with Mission Seating Set  (Read 3114 times)
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Problems with Mission Seating Set
« on: 2006 September 27, 21:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a problem with the Mission living room set since I installed it...

The catalog preview is often just black, or the upholstery or frame is black instead of the color I have chosen.  When I place the sofa/loveseat/chair in my sim's house, it looks "dull" - the color is very dark and greyish, almost as if it was placed in a sealed room, no matter the lighting conditions.  It can be in front of a wall of glass in broad daylight, with every light in the house turned on, yet the color does not brighten.  I do not have the problem with the dining or bedroom sets, just the sofa/loveseat/chair.

I did not have any custom content installed when I first noticed the problem.  I ADDED Hairfish's recolors at a later point.  It neither seemed to improve nor worsen the condition.

I did a complete re-install.  I cleared out the old folders with anything sim-related.  Didn't help.

I thought I may have had a corrupt objects file.  I extracted the one off the disc and replaced the one I had in my program files.  Didn't help.

I have run out of ideas on how to fix this.   Angry
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
Re: Problems with Mission Seating Set
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 27, 21:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought a patch had fixed a problem with the mission set...

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 27, 22:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I re-installed, I only applied the latest patch for Glamour.  I was under the impression that all the previous patches did not have to be re-applied, as they are included in the next stuff pack/expansion pack.  D'you think I should try applying the patches as I install the expansions?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 27, 22:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I re-installed, I only applied the latest patch for Glamour.  I was under the impression that all the previous patches did not have to be re-applied, as they are included in the next stuff pack/expansion pack.  D'you think I should try applying the patches as I install the expansions?

At least the OFB one. And you must mean the FFS patch -- there isn't one out for Glamour at this point.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 27, 22:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least the OFB one. And you must mean the FFS patch -- there isn't one out for Glamour at this point.

*smacks self in head*  Yup.  I do mean the FFS patch.  I will reapply the OFB one and see what happens.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 27, 22:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't matter if you install all the patches or just the newest but maybe Maxis messed up (again) and didn't include the Mission fix in the FFS edition. Try installing the OFB one and see if that fixes it.

I had this same problem but the OFB patch fixed it for me.

Or I could be totally wrong...
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 27, 22:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Generally the patch for the latest EP is all you need, but these SPs aren't quite the same, so in the case of FFS, you still have to install the OFB patch to fix all the problems.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 27, 23:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That solved the problem with the chair completely.  All the thumbnails even show up correctly.  Custom recolors of the sofa still don't work correctly, but I will redownload them and that should fix the problem.

I hadn't thought about the fact that the two stuff packs were not true expansions, so the fixes wouldn't necessarily be included in the patches for them.

Thanks everyone!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: