More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 17:31:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Werewolves
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Werewolves  (Read 12542 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Werewolves
« on: 2007 August 31, 01:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone knows of a hack (or wants to make me a hack nudge nudge) for Werewolf personalitys.  I don't like how a Werewolfs personality changes over time, to make them more mean etc. I'd rather their personality points stay the same.

Please help Smiley

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Werewolves
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 31, 01:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done some tweaking to make the changes more logical (why max playful and min-neat, even though this does not correspond to the regular wolf personality?), but not a no-change version.

And yes, they become more mean. A trip to werewolfdom is one of the methods of curing lazy, nice sims of their disgusting traits.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 31, 01:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any validity in the tree rumor? I'd like a werewolf, and I've put a metric crapload of trees of my lots, but still no wolf. Do palm trees and cacti count?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 31, 01:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Base chance of wolf appearance is 2% per check, modified by the following:
+1% per 4 standard trees - NOT orchard trees/shrubberies/flowers/houseplants/gardenplants
+1% per 5 weeds
+1% per 2 sims of child age or less.
+5% per pet wolf

The Wolf Watchers mod adds the following:
-1% per inhabitant on other lots within 10 neighborhood spaces.
-8% per community lot within 10 neighborhood spaces.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 31, 01:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would make more sense if the Werewolf was only mean when he had turned at night, and not during the day, but yea i guess that might be a bit difficult.

Any chance on a nochange version? 

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 31, 01:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it would make more sense if the Werewolf was only mean when he had turned at night, and not during the day, but yea i guess that might be a bit difficult.
There is code suggesting his personality WAS originally, only intended to be affected at night, but Maxis changed this and made it a permanent change. In some ways, this is a good thing, it makes them more active. On the other hand, by default, they also go to 0 neat and max playful, despite that wolves are middle-neat and max independent. They also become 10 outgoing. Basically, by default, every single personality trait moves to some extreme.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 31, 05:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any validity in the tree rumor? I'd like a werewolf, and I've put a metric crapload of trees of my lots, but still no wolf. Do palm trees and cacti count?

I tend to go overboard with trees on my lots because I like the look. I regularly have wolves and the LOTP come by the lot.

As for werewolves themselves... The only sim I've gotten bitten almost had a werewolf personality to begin with. I think the change gained him a few playful points and he lost a few neat points, but he was already maxed outgoing and active and had only 1 nice point to begin with. It seemed like a good fit for him (along with his zombie wife and alien daughter and his not-really-his son).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 31, 05:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Realistically, trees have no effect. You'd need to put a few hundred trees on the lot to make a real difference. The dominant factor is the presence of wolves. Weeds may also be a factor, as they self-replicate on their own.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 31, 06:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for werewolves themselves... The only sim I've gotten bitten almost had a werewolf personality to begin with. I think the change gained him a few playful points and he lost a few neat points, but he was already maxed outgoing and active and had only 1 nice point to begin with. It seemed like a good fit for him (along with his zombie wife and alien daughter and his not-really-his son).

Orikes--I know the sim you mean, of course.

I chose the sim I wanted to werewolfize with similar criteria.  She was already sloppy, outgoing, and mean (a Sagittarius) and a Knowledge Sim, so she looked forward to being a werewolf and didn't change a lot once she was one. I do wish they wouldn't suddenly start farting on plates, but then, werewolves /= wolves, or else they would also live in packs, have a social structure, etc.

PB

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 31, 12:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want them to go to more reasonable (wolf-like) traits, try the werewolftraits hack in pets/test. It alters the personality changes to more closely mirror the wolf personality, such as not farting on plates: Neat goes to 5 if greater, Playful/Serious moves towards Serious instead. Still active, still mean.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 31, 18:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a WerewolfNoChange hack. I think it's by Squinge, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's not at sims2graveyard. I've gone ahead and attached it here.

* WerewolfNoChange.package (0.53 KB - downloaded 233 times.)

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 01, 13:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a a few werewolf questions.

I just got my first werewolf because I never force anything and try to get things to happen naturally if possible. A LOTP wolf kept coming by his lot every night and he started petting/playing, etc. One night when the LTR/STR was somewhere around 89/84, the male Sim got nipped and turned werewolf.

Now both he and his wife have 100/100 with this particular wolf, but I can't find a way to adopt it, which was my original intention, not werewolfism.  I made the wolf selectable via Inge's teleporter, and even though he shows 100/100 with both Sims, he does not have any paws next to it like the Sims do. (They have both the single paw and double paw icons). So, is it impossible for a LOTP to be adopted?

Does a Sim have to be bitten by a LOTP to become a werewolf, or will any wolf work? And if any wolf works, what of half-wolves?

Without Nostrayrespawn, how many LOTPs are there per hood?

And what of children born to Sims that have become werewolves before conception? Do their personalities reflect the NEW werewolf personality, or does the baby inherit the original personality traits from their parents? Or are werewolves sterile?

At first, I was upset with the personality change he experienced. Mostly because it made him much dirtier than he ever was (from 8 down to 4, I think). His nice score went from two, down to zero. But he gets along with his wife so much better now, even picking up an extra bolt. Plus since he 'changed', they only woohoo at night after he turns hairy. I'm sure this is a coincidence, but it cracks me up. Especially as they used to only do it every few days, now they are at it at least once a night, sometimes twice, always starting within an hour of his nightly change. (ACR) At first I thought that werewolves were just hornier than Sims, but I think it is her initiating it most of the time.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 02, 00:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim has to be bitten by the LOTP, or savaged by another werewolf, to become a werewolf.  Ordinary wolves don't usually bite, and in any case don't turn the sim into a werewolf. 

I don't believe the LOTP can be adopted, but ordinary wolves can be. And there's supposed to be only one LOTP, but I've seen at least two in a hood before putting nostrayrespawn in.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 02, 10:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have three glowing eyed mutts in my hood, and I've had nostrayrespawn and antiredundancy (I think it's the later that applies to wolves) in since I created it.  The problem with wolves is that while conditions for a second maid to spawn are pretty rare (like being on the phone with your current maid just when s/he is due for work), new wolves will appear likewise if the old wolf is "busy" as in; already on the lot.  If you happen to have a lot with many of the wolf triggers then chanses of the wolf appearing is high, but once the wolf arrives, the chances are still high, and the game can't find a wolf to send, so it spawns a new one.  Rinse and repeat.
In short, other NPCs will only spawn if the current one is busy just at the magic moment they should arrive, while wolves can spawn all night.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 03, 02:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim has to be bitten by the LOTP, or savaged by another werewolf, to become a werewolf. 

Is 'Savage' an autonomous action? I see it on the menu, but want to know if they will do it on their own.

Is the pre-werewolf or post-werewolf traits used in determining spawn personality?

Realistically, trees have no effect...The dominant factor is the presence of wolves. Weeds may also be a factor, as they self-replicate on their own.

So is that the purpose of 'Summon Wolves'? So that more wolves will be present so more wolves will show up? That doesn't really make sense. I tried summoning wolves, but I don't really see why you would want to. Am I misunderstanding the ultimate purpose of this option?

And how does self-replication cause weeds to be a factor?

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 03, 03:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And how does self-replication cause weeds to be a factor?

Weeds are, without a doubt, the easiest way to attract your first LotP. It is due to their exponential growth. Plant a few flowers around your lot, and immediately overwater them. Never pay attention to them again. The flowers will produce weeds. The weeds will produce more weeds. The more weeds will produce even more weeds. After a few days, your lot will be a jungle, and the LotP will be at your house in no time.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 03, 04:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I need to get used to that acronym.

I always read that and go, "Wait.  They acronized Lord of the Flies wrong!"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 04, 00:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always read that and go, "Wait.  They acronized Lord of the Flies wrong!"

In my mind, it's "Lord of the Rings". Smiley

Is 'Savage' an autonomous action? I see it on the menu, but want to know if they will do it on their own.

Is the pre-werewolf or post-werewolf traits used in determining spawn personality?

Don't know about the later -- never had a werewolf spawn.  The 'Savage' is not autonomous for playables usually, but I've seen non-playable (townie) werewolfs do it on a comm lot. I think 'savage' takes the place of 'fight', so maybe if a playable werewolf gets provoked into starting a fight, he/she may instead savage the other sim.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 04, 03:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's too bad because I'd gotten kind of used to swatting my vampires' "bite" icons out of the cue.. no such option as far as I've seen with werewolves, but I'd LOVE to have it.

Neighbor: "Hey, there, neighbor! Why d'ya invite me over?"
Resident PC: "RAWAR!" -savage-
Neighbor: -smoten-
Together: -howl-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 04, 16:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly does the LOTP and other wolves look like? I've seen dogs with yellow eyes, but they really didn't look like wolves to me
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 04, 16:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not just "yellow" eyes like natural amber-coloured eyes - they actually seem to glow (I was thinking some random amber-eyed stray was my super-lame magic wolf, but when I saw the real one I couldn't mistake it). My LotPs have always been a dark, charcoal-like colour, and have very thick coats.

I'm not sure what the other wolves look like - I think I have some but they could just be wolf-like strays. But you really can't mistake the LotP once you see him. Smiley
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 04, 22:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The leader of the pack is always darkish brown with glowing yellow eyes.  There's no mistaking them.
The other wolves can be different colours, I've got some white ones and some grey ones.  They just look like regular large dogs to me, but they do fulfill the "see wolf" want.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 08, 01:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I turned a Sim into a wolf using the testingcheats because my sister wanted to see what would happen, and I decided to leave it, but once I realized that all the other Sims in the neighborhood either wanted or feared to hear him him howling, I turned him back. However, many of them -still- have that stupid fear or want, and he -can't- howl! Does that ever go away? Do I need to turn him back and use the gypsy potion rather than the cheat to cure him? Because it might be interesting to have one around, but at the same time I really don't want the perma-spam for the howling.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 08, 02:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually having a lot of fun with the howling wants and fears. I'm much too nice of a God, and Sims tend to stay in good mood with good asps. Now that I have a werewolf howling, I'm going into lots and finding some in aspiration failure. It gives me a chance to see Sims doing stuff that I usually don't get to see. Plus I've seen several townies go completely insane.

One question though, I *think* I've had the fear occasionally fulfilled when no werewolf was present on the lot. Is there some random chance of hearing a werewolf howl at night just because there is one living in the hood? The reason I say "I think", is because just recently, after playing my first werewolf, I've had Sims suddenly lose aspiration points when they are doing something safe such as relaxing on their bed alone. When I look at their UI, the hear howl want is sometimes missing, sometimes still there. But they often roll up the fear immediately after hearing a howl anyway. I haven't been lucky enough to have the Sim selected when these mystery fears are being fulfilled.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 08, 02:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'll re-wolf him and see what happens. I suppose if all else fails, when I get around to buying and installing BV, the New EP Want-Spam for that will override a constant howl fear Grin I think I'd be fine with it if it didn't come up on all the Sims all the time - I've had a couple vampires and no one is fretting about being bitten anymore. Not that I've ever seen anyone autonomously bitten, even by Grand Vampires, since OFB, but that's another thing altogether. What with teens only really having three spaces thanks to the persistent college want, also persistently wanting to hear the (totally human) elder down the street howl at you really makes for a boring Knowledge teen Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: